Anybody Got Oedit To Work In A 64-Bit Os? Work-Around?

kjuggs

Simple enough question, I guess. I've searched the web for a solution, but have not been able to install properly with Windows 7/ x64 (it will install, but not start- I get the 'oedit has stopped working' window upon startup after 5 different installs to different locations. I definitely am not installing a separate 32-bit OS. I am going to have a bunch of free time this summer overseas and would love to be able to knock out CFs there. I tried creating a cyberface without using Oedit, and just using a simliar haedshape, and the face looked good in photoshop, but once I got in the game, his third eye was peeking out from under, if you know what I mean. Is there any other way to get around using OEDIT that I can slide the potential CF around on for positioning? A similar program? I don't think there is. Thanks

0000.BMP

How did you get it to work in windows 7? I've never seen it work except in XP mode, which is the way to go. If your edition of windows doesn't support xp mode, try something like virtual box.

After messing with it some more, it doesn't appear to have full functionality. XP mode all the way.

YES!!! I had to translate a Spanish page, but I found a fix for Oedit in Win7! Drop the dll into c:/windows/sys32 folder and pull the exe and dll to your desktop or wherever. I don't know if you have to install the program already, but mine was already installed anyway.

It works just fine, except that my version doesn't have the action box with c/m, rotate, etc. I must have a different version. The one attached allows you to move and zoom, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Oedit win 7.rar