PC Choppiness (long theory and rant to EA)

donjn

i just wrote ea again and linked them to about 5 different msg boards about this. this should convince them it isn't an isolated incident. also it could be something about nvidia cards. seems like people with 9700s and 9800s don't have the problem.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what I submitted to EA Tech Support earlier today. Just submitted the DxDiag.txt file. Will post what they respond with. Strongly urge everyone experiencing these issues to submit them to EA Tech Support as well. There's definately strength in numbers :!:. Thanks. 8)

"I have a new Dell Inspiron XPS laptop configured with an Intel P4 (3. 4 Mhz) processor, 1GB PC3200 Dual Channel DDR RAM, 60GB 7200RPM Hardrive, ATI MR9800 (256MB) GPU, and 8X DVD+/-RW Drive and I have been experiencing gameplay choppiness (get choppiness on throws across the diamond only. It's like the game camera is panning/scrolling about 4 or 5 times on a throw from 3rd to 1st creating a "choppy" effect). I have tried different video card drivers as well as various settings (AA, AF, VSYNC on/off, etc.) and nothing really seems to help the choppiness/stuttering. I get the horizontal line tearing across the center of the screen no matter what setting I have. I have Madden 2K5 (PC) and NBA Live 2K5 (PC) and they run great? I also have MVP 2K5 (XBOX) and the XBOX version does not have these issues? I love playing MVP Baseball but this particular issue seriously hampers this game from being the great game it is capable of being. Any assistance/insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you."

ati 9250 128 mb, p4 2.8, 1.5 gb RAM. same problems, as above. only thing i could do to help w/ the stuttering after hours of tweaks. was go back to the basics, uninstalled omega drivers, reinstalled newest ati drivers- set monitor refresh to 70 and disable v synch IN GAME. now it is a little better.

i don't think it is limited to high end machines IMO. not that my card is top end by any means, just installed it today as a budget replacement for my old radeon 7500. problem with the older card is that you couldnt adjust player detail w/out the 3danalyze program, YET it ran like a dream.

better card = great detail + choppiness, older card= low detail + perfect gameplay.

bottom line is they missed the boat on this for all types of pc's.

I have no choppiness AT ALL and NEVER HAVE on BOTH my high AND low end systems

1 GB RAM

Radeon X300 SE PCI express 128 MB video card

(My old one was I think 256 or 512 MB RAM, with some 64 MB integrated P.O.S. video card)

I didn't change driver/monitor/etc. settings either

And I have all MVP detail settings on MAX

Well I had the same choppy gameplay everyone here is complaining about. I was runnin Mvp2005 with the same settings as Mvp2004.....I was runnin it at 1280x1024 4AA 4AF

60HZ with verticial sync on.....Well I just happened to stumble across this while changing my drivers.....I loaded up the game at 85hz vertical sync off and low and behold the game was 85 percent better than it was........after a few tweaks here and there I got this game runnin real smooth.....My system is a P4 2.6 o/c to 3.0 Fsb 934

Gforce 5900xt o/c at stock clock speeds......1Gig pc3200 corsair....I know everyones system is different and a lot of people dont have updated drivers.....that means the most recent chipset driver....most recent graphics driver.....and most recent soundcard driver......all these have to work together and if one is not updated then it will just spell frustration in trying to figure out why your game wont play right. Alot of people have this game runnin smooth as I read the posts all around and its not just low end computers......So I think this talk of coding the game towards low end computers is just false.....maybe the game need a patch....for I still get a What I did choppy throw from time to time......but if Ea never addresses the choppy issue with a patch I wont care one bit.....

Well I had the same choppy gameplay everyone here is complaining about. I was runnin Mvp2005 with the same settings as Mvp2004.....I was runnin it at 1280x1024 4AA 4AF

60HZ with verticial sync on.....Well I just happened to stumble across this while changing my drivers.....I loaded up the game at 85hz vertical sync off and low and behold the game was 85 percent better than it was........after a few tweaks here and there I got this game runnin real smooth.....My system is a P4 2.6 o/c to 3.0 Fsb 934

Gforce 5900xt o/c at stock clock speeds......1Gig pc3200 corsair....I know everyones system is different and a lot of people dont have updated drivers.....that means the most recent chipset driver....most recent graphics driver.....and most recent soundcard driver......all these have to work together and if one is not updated then it will just spell frustration in trying to figure out why your game wont play right. Alot of people have this game runnin smooth as I read the posts all around and its not just low end computers......So I think this talk of coding the game towards low end computers is just false.....maybe the game need a patch....for I still get a choppy throw from time to time......but if Ea never addresses the choppy issue with a patch I wont care one bit.....

i already had disabled vsynch in game, so i tried 85 hz refresh like you mentioned, and it did make a really big difference. there's still a little choppiness in there but i'll figure it out later. i'm tired of messing with it. EA still needs to fix this though, this is crazy.

figure in the cost of the game, some of us getting new vid cards (which probably means it was time anyway), and all the time spent tweaking it = a whole lot for one game!

Same problem here, 2800XP+, 6800 gt..gig of ram..its not a game-killer for me though..unless I'm paying via LAN with my GFs PC, 800mhz/geforce 2..hers runs smooth as silk, while mine is a chopped lagfest..impossible to pitch, its really so bad that I crack up every time I try it. Its like the my machine is trying to dumb itself down to match the speed of the other one, even though the 800 runs better to start with.

yes it is weird, i have p4 2.8, 1.5 gb RAM, 80 gb HD, and the mentioned radeon 9250 128 ddr agp card. runs the other games fine. but this is still choppy, i went out and replaced my card just for this game. i have messed w/ it endlessly to the point of it being ridiculous. i have gotten it to play FAIRLY smooth, but the chop is still mostly on infield shots as well an sometimes replays, in both cases it seems to come and go. every thing else is really smooth, pitching, batting, outfield play etc. i believe it's a ingame camera problem though, like last version.

Archived