Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donjn

PC Choppiness (long theory and rant to EA)

Same problem here, 2800XP+, 6800 gt..gig of ram..its not a game-killer for me though..unless I'm paying via LAN with my GFs PC, 800mhz/geforce 2..hers runs smooth as silk, while mine is a chopped lagfest..impossible to pitch, its really so bad that I crack up every time I try it. Its like the my machine is trying to dumb itself down to match the speed of the other one, even though the 800 runs better to start with.

I've got a:

Pentium 4 2.66 GHz

ATI Radeon 9800 PRO

1 GB of RAM

70 GB HD

And it is conisderably choppy, most of it happening in the infield.

I have the exact same configuration and it runs fine. Weird.

yes it is weird, i have p4 2.8, 1.5 gb RAM, 80 gb HD, and the mentioned radeon 9250 128 ddr agp card. runs the other games fine. but this is still choppy, i went out and replaced my card just for this game. i have messed w/ it endlessly to the point of it being ridiculous. i have gotten it to play FAIRLY smooth, but the chop is still mostly on infield shots as well an sometimes replays, in both cases it seems to come and go. every thing else is really smooth, pitching, batting, outfield play etc. i believe it's a ingame camera problem though, like last version.

your lucky; my batting and pitching is choppy so its impossible to play and have fun