Mlb 2K12 Crash To Desktop

mvpeurope

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure all teams have 25 players on roster, lineups filled as well as pitching rotations. In game, check for any players that have the black cross in your lineups or rotations as they need to be replaced, that has caused me to be booted out to desktop. Finally, backup your roster/franchise often, in game.

Edited by tomk30816

If you have Ty' editor , you can check everything but the black crosses in the game. Then you can try getting back into game to check the black crosses. The editor is in the download section of this website.

Edited by tomk30816

• 1 month later...

im getting crash to the desktop athe point right at where the user profile is. like if you use player 1 its comes up or ask you to create that profile, then if i tell it to crate player 1 as my profile file, i thought it might be the player file so pulled it, which why it asks to crate one, but the crash. what would the next thing to load. so i can fix this. i have the base, id does then in the exact same spot, the difference in the two folders is a few uniforms, but it does it in both, so where this crash, its as to be common to both folders loads?

resolved it! the answer for me at least is this. i had to uninstall the game, but when i did that and reinstalled it again, the issue still remained, so i uninstalled, looked to see what left and there roughly about a half dozen pieces that remained, among which were some dll's and effects.txt file and probably a couple more, forgot what, but made sure it was not in the reg, when i uninstalled it.. the left pieces of file was the problem, not sure which of them, but cleared that out and doing the install again worked, and so far putting the mods i wanted in except the light mod, that be last, its working again.

will an update.

it appears its none the files modded or added from the mods here, this for some reason reason is when it reaches player and looks like its about t continue on to main screen it crashes, so i did a little test. i did nothing to the files and did a reboot, this time its gets past that and is running. this really wired. the problem still it doesn't matter anything welse, but its still asking if i want to auto save and living roster yes or no every time. so not sure what going there., but the it happens crash or not,

Mine and my Nephews games have started crashing today.We can get to the loading player progression screen and then it crashes to desktop.Mine is win7 his is XP.Have done an un-install deleted leftover files and re-installed vanilla version and still same problem.

omg finally ... i am not the only one with a crashing problem. I am on win 7 too... the game loads all those files roster, profile, settings ect... and when its about to turn to main screen it crashes to desktop. only way to get it working again is to restart computer...

its doing it again, so i did all the things i've did before but this time after reinstall like post 9 i left its in its stock setup. when i did my no to the live and auto save and then did the player one and as soon as i hit the button to advance, it crashes. im wondering a couple of possibilities here, where are all of you exactly crashing out at. my thinking its not the mods, in most case anyway, then it has to be a common pieces to the game we have.or the something in the pc. most of us are on win7 and couple of us are on xp, is there an update to the os that interfering somehow, or is direct x maybe. that's the only common share we would have among each other i can think of.

omg finally ... i am not the only one with a crashing problem. I am on win 7 too... the game loads all those files roster, profile, settings ect... and when its about to turn to main screen it crashes to desktop. only way to get it working again is to restart computer...

same problem with me anyone can help me how can I fix it

I got Win 7 and mine started to crash, too. I get to the network blabla screen and then wooops I land on the desktop. First a restart of Win helped but now that does not help anymore. I did not install any new files recently. Seems no one has a clue. Over at 2k forums some guys state the same problem.

EDIT 1:

Maybe it's an Nvidia problem? I got a Nvidia graphic card.

There was no Win 7 update since about 4 weeks ago. So Win shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT 2:

I downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers. First deleted the old ones, then installed the new ones. Still crashes.

Can not get past the "testing network configuration bla" screen anymore.

EDIT 3:

I deleted the lighting mod I had installed and tried again. Still crashing.

EDIT 4:

Since the crash always comes after the network test I disconnected my PC from the internet. I started the game and after the message "2k service blablabla not available" or something like that (in other words: at the same position like before, only different message because of disconnect from the internet) it crashed.

I am completely clueless. I don't know what happened or what causes this crash. I did not install anything new before the crashes appeared. At first I could solve the problem via a restart of Win 7. But now this doesn't help anymore either.

Edited by wudl83

I got Win 7 and mine started to crash, too. I get to the network blabla screen and then wooops I land on the desktop. First a restart of Win helped but now that does not help anymore. I did not install any new files recently. Seems no one has a clue. Over at 2k forums some guys state the same problem.

EDIT 1:

Maybe it's an Nvidia problem? I got a Nvidia graphic card.

There was no Win 7 update since about 4 weeks ago. So Win shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT 2:

I downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers. First deleted the old ones, then installed the new ones. Still crashes.

Can not get past the "testing network configuration bla" screen anymore.

EDIT 3:

I deleted the lighting mod I had installed and tried again. Still crashing.

EDIT 4:

Since the crash always comes after the network test I disconnected my PC from the internet. I started the game and after the message "2k service blablabla not available" or something like that (in other words: at the same position like before, only different message because of disconnect from the internet) it crashed.

I am completely clueless. I don't know what happened or what causes this crash. I did not install anything new before the crashes appeared. At first I could solve the problem via a restart of Win 7. But now this doesn't help anymore either.

same there . I didnt install anything I just opened game today and crashed crashed . what happened last night ??

Same thing here. Always played fine until yesterday...

Went trough all the steps, with the re-installing, the checking and re-checking the files in the 'Saves' folder, etc.

At one point I could just reboot and play with no problems. Then, even that went to hell.

It just happened all of a sudden. I didn't install anything, update drivers, nothing different from every other day I played this game.

I'm all out of ideas for this one, and since 2k won't care...what's left to do?

Edit1: I am from Europe, but I doubt that would be an issue.

Edit2: I am also around the 30 game mark with my current season. I had another one with around 60 games played.

Edited by sabugo