Mlb 2K12 Crash To Desktop

mvpeurope

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Win 7 and mine started to crash, too. I get to the network blabla screen and then wooops I land on the desktop. First a restart of Win helped but now that does not help anymore. I did not install any new files recently. Seems no one has a clue. Over at 2k forums some guys state the same problem.

EDIT 1:

Maybe it's an Nvidia problem? I got a Nvidia graphic card.

There was no Win 7 update since about 4 weeks ago. So Win shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT 2:

I downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers. First deleted the old ones, then installed the new ones. Still crashes.

Can not get past the "testing network configuration bla" screen anymore.

EDIT 3:

I deleted the lighting mod I had installed and tried again. Still crashing.

EDIT 4:

Since the crash always comes after the network test I disconnected my PC from the internet. I started the game and after the message "2k service blablabla not available" or something like that (in other words: at the same position like before, only different message because of disconnect from the internet) it crashed.

I am completely clueless. I don't know what happened or what causes this crash. I did not install anything new before the crashes appeared. At first I could solve the problem via a restart of Win 7. But now this doesn't help anymore either.

will first of all, it would depend on how your setup of updates are don, what updates, etc, auto or you do it itself. there been update since it started happaneing so i not sure that can be ruled out.

I looked into the Update history of Win 7 and it states that the last updates are from the 12th of June. I also do not have auto install for Win updates activated. I bet it is somehow a 2k problem.

There are some guys over at 2k who have those problems, too. Exactly the same problems...

https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318952&page=10

It seems that it is not hardware related.

Edited by wudl83

its working, but only as a in demo mode, as this point, and nothing else, as it as like other has nothing but standard stock in it, so this got to be a related to something universal to us across the world, with the exception of one post and network connection. taking out and putting the game is working for us, at the point, so if you getting demo to work, then that probably means your vid drivers are fine, since were all getting happening to us at the same time, i think we half to at something being updated that interfering like some update somewhere. lets loo at updates possibly, look at directx, those would be universal to us all that might be the issue.

i dont know what directx built on, but if frame works or something like that, i know the frameworks has been updated in the last few days. i'd think we need to think about throws type of things being the cause.

i dont use the living roster, so that not tthe issue, unless its trying to put a new one, when i install the game.

that my thought at the moment

Something had to change, we just can't figure out what. Did this problem happen to all of us at around the same time (The last couple of days) or is anyone else having it for longer?

Something changed for sure. Now, where?

Re-installing didn't work for any of us, so it shoudln't be anything associated with the game files, right?

Re-booting worked for some of us, for some time, and that makes me think 'Windows'.

what would be installed depends each systems setup for updates,. if we all had it doing it automatically, that might be it, but some don't have that set to auto, and a couple of us have said its been a month since they did updates, all throw i would not rule it out completely yet, that doesn't seem it. the only in game update i know of in game would be rosters, but again that depends on if you using living rosters, again not all of us do, but cant rule anything there totally either, there might be something with 2k, but is unknown, that kind of leaves us with anything installed recently, but that so varied, that would be hard to pen down, so maybe there something with the directx, i don't know but that what i would say right.

How do you start the game in Demo mode? Or do you mean you simply wait at the startup screen until this random AI game starts?

I think it has something to do with 2k. The guys have different graphic cards, different Windows settings, different game mods installed etc. But apart from those differences a bunch of us has those problems. The only thing that we have in common seems to be that we all own MLB 2k12. Seems also that it is only PC related.

I am really clueless. I tried with and without mouse, I tried it in Win 7 and XP mode, I tried it with internet connection offline and online, I tried with XBOX-Controller plugged in and plugged off. I reinstalled graphic drivers, I have the newest version of Direct-X.

Seems like this is a hidden gamecode problem related to the current date. Otherwise not so many guys would have this problem out of nowhere.

How do you start the game in Demo mode? Or do you mean you simply wait at the startup screen until this random AI game starts?

I think it has something to do with 2k. The guys have different graphic cards, different Windows settings, different game mods installed etc. But apart from those differences a bunch of us has those problems. The only thing that we have in common seems to be that we all own MLB 2k12. Seems also that it is only PC related.

I am really clueless. I tried with and without mouse, I tried it in Win 7 and XP mode, I tried it with internet connection offline and online, I tried with XBOX-Controller plugged in and plugged off. I reinstalled graphic drivers, I have the newest version of Direct-X.

Seems like this is a hidden gamecode problem related to the current date. Otherwise not so many guys would have this problem out of nowhere.

Yup, random AI game, aka 'Demo Mode'.

After even more trying and testing, I'm with you on this one, it's gotta be 2k related. And since they don't seem to care, I believe we are royally screwed.

I'm all out of ideas of new things to try and check...

ok as of today if you have been crashing from desktop when you go threw the players season mode try this change the date on system to 7/08 or even as far up till after the all star break this will fix the crash dont know why they must of said no one plays on the all star break lol

I do not understand what you want to say? We even can not get into the game. We get crashes while the game is still loading. What do you meant with "system"? Changing the date in Windows?

Some XBOX-guy has the same problem...

https://www.2ksports...ad.php?t=320715

Can't believe it but it works @netbeast.

I set my PC/windows date to 14th of July, the game is working again.

Edited by wudl83

the date in the taskbar where says 7/09/2012 change it to 7/08/2012 or a futurre date for some reason the game is using your system date to keep iit up to date this may fix your problem it fixed mine for some reason it doesnt like 7/09/2012 def a programmers glitch

will some have said there not even close to the all state in the season, so the date is not the issue, someone said they had one season at 60 games and one at 30. Besides that the season mode isn't loaded up when the crash happens from what im reading, it happens at or before the main screen comes up, where you have the players at the top, season and my player screen at.

will if that the case that glitch in the coding, which not good, but is a issue code that they fix in snap. dating coding isn't a big deal, but that makes me wonder if that part of the issue why the patching there working on was pulled back.

Just tried the date thing, it worked.

For some reason, when you go to the main screen on the 9th of July, the game crashes. Must be something related to the ASG.

Great job of programming and checking 2ksports. I tend to never criticize others' work, but you guys are making seriously consider buying a PS3.

And of course, now I have to re-install every single mod I had.