Mlb 2K12 Crash To Desktop

mvpeurope

Naturally same thing here, so how does one change the system date? Does windows not "sync" it on its on? Win 7 btw. Sad because this could have been a great game if not for these kinds of really dumb problems...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the following system dates:

- 7th of July --> works

- 8th of July --> works

- 9th of July --> crashes

- 10th of July --> works

everything else seems to work, too.

Same problem here! Want to continue with my Orioles franchise but it crashes to the desktop during loading.I tried out your settings and everything works fine.Everything works exept for the 9th of July.Thx a lot

in the taskbar click the clock and at the bottom it will say change date and time, click that. then ckick the first box, change date and time thant brings up the clanader, slect a date, and hit ok, that will change. its temorpy bwcuase yes it sync, but doesnt do that all the time, its set to update itself at time period of time,

i know it does, but you half to remember when your writing coed for programs, especially throws for games that have a large # of veritable code in them, it like your going to have a few bugs, and small a bug like the real-time date, can be easy to miss. one line of code out of many. depending on the language the compiler and interpitor they used, this may not have come up as a glitch in the code. sometimes they don't appear in the control environment, because testing should, but doesn't always test every little thing, it gets by.

i know it does, but you half to remember when your writing coed for programs, especially throws for games that have a large # of veritable code in them, it like your going to have a few bugs, and small a bug like the real-time date, can be easy to miss. one line of code out of many. depending on the language the compiler and interpitor they used, this may not have come up as a glitch in the code. sometimes they don't appear in the control environment, because testing should, but doesn't always test every little thing, it gets by.

I know what you mean, I have some knowledge of programming. I know how hard and frustrating it can be. But this just seems...stupid.

I know what you mean, I have some knowledge of programming. I know how hard and frustrating it can be. But this just seems...stupid.

no kidding. im learning programing now as a part of it requirements, and i can see how complex it can get and finding the erros is pain, since some half to be found manually for different reasons.

will the good news is the clock issue seems to have fixed getting the game to run both versions i have. one modded heavy and the other very little modded. the issue right now im having still is every-time i enter the game it does not gave my setting for living roster and autosave the other things is its not saving "player1" entry.

i have no idea why right now.

Does this mean that after today, the 9th, we can set our system clocks back to the correct date and the game *should* be fine again?

I, too, have had the same problem, I have removed and re-installed my MLB 2k12 3 times today. I was about to give up until I saw the date fix in the 2k forum thread.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Mine crashes only when I choose the game of the day of my favorite season team for my profile. I have another thing that started back around late July or early August where the MLB Today daily games do not seem to update at all. I get "no scheduled games" for all teams. It seemingly downloads something but nothing updates. Also, the stats do no update as well. This happens on my modded and unmodded version. I am wondering if it is EA Sports or not. I don't want to reinstall but may have to do so. Anyone else have these issues?

Just a quick update. My schedule finally updated to show today's date August 28th. The starting pitchers are incorrect and the standings are from July. I am think it is all EA Sports not updating as they should to support this season. It didn't crash today, either which is a good sign at least.

Just a quick update. My schedule finally updated to show today's date August 28th. The starting pitchers are incorrect and the standings are from July. I am think it is all EA Sports not updating as they should to support this season. It didn't crash today, either which is a good sign at least.

It's 2K Sports bro.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had an issue with playing on "Draft Day" (June 9th) in Franchise Mode? Once I get to that day, the program crashes and takes me right back to the desktop.

I thought maybe my franchise file corrupted, but all of my backups play fine up until the same point, and unfortunately I can't sim past that day either. Does using the Roster Editor in-season cause problems? I've been using that to save time as players were traded/signed/released in real life.

I saw a similar issue on the 2kSports forum, but of course their tech support blew it off saying their machine was too old. I know that's not the case as I ran a test of both the latest roster file and the NoFakeNames5 file from the start and did not replicate the issue.

Any suggestions on what the issue might be would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello. The easy way to resolve the date problem is "RunAsDate" program. It´s a small and friendly program. Just need to configure once. Put a date before 2012-10-03 and put it on your desktop. It works.

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=74129&t=0&i=2