Kccitystar's Total Mods + Stuff

Kccitystar

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I've been a little absent. Read your post but haven't got a chance to reply, went through two moves in a week, and now I have no internet, except for my phone. Lemme get back to you when I get my Internet set up. I'll figure out the name plates and such.

Finished work on the following teams so far:

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, California, United States, North America, Earth

Houston Astros

Oakland Athletics

Toronto Blue Jays

Atlanta Braves

I've basically been doing a minimum of two teams per day. The Blue Jays/Angels were among the hardest teams to work on. Given the amount of blue the Blue Jays use across all of their uniforms, I had to come to a compromise on the type of colors used since what's shown on TV/Photos is an unusually bright blue. For the Angels, it was ridiculously difficult to even find a uniform that would fit the number style used on the front/back, fit the ANGELS script across the chest, let alone have arched text for the names on the back. I basically had to create the entire Angels uniform set from scratch, using the road Mets jersey as a template (I usually use the Rockies for teams I want to re-do like the D-Backs 98-06 duds, but the ANGELS text did not fit).

With all the teams, I resized the MLB logos on the back of all the hats so it doesn't look like it's on the edge of the cap anymore. I also got rid of those stupid hat creases and let the mapping take care of all of that stuff.

A lot of teams, while doing a quick run down, don't really need much in terms of changes since over the past month or so I've tweaked a few things for each individual team (like the WS patches and Sox memorial stuff for Pesky), maybe color values but nothing super drastic. Although it'll take a long time, what I have done and have ready is the color list, which I'll probably attach in a post Thursday or Friday.

What a summer. Again, thanks for all of the support guys, on this 100% free mod. It's appreciated :)

the blue you used in the Jays road atl jersey (extra pack)

is PREFECT!

I hope you use that blue to update the home atl jersey.

Thanks for all your time and hard work Kccitystar

I'll have you know that the blue I used is tweaked somewhat but all Blue Jays uniforms will feature this blue.

Thank you! :)

ok, i'm back online, as for the name plates, i'm not exactly sure, the style guide does not show that, because each team still has their own way of stitching. a lot of teams just use a patch for the logo on the front and a name plate patch for the back, and some teams like the cardinals still hand embroider everything...i'd have to go through and find some video or images for each team to figure out, might be kind of complicated.

in regard to the name plates, i've tried looking through Majestic authentic collection, and they're terrible. i can't see any on there that use name plates, but i know some teams still use them. if i were doing this project, i'd eliminate the name plates all together, they're lame and ugly. but if you insist on keeping it authentic, i'll do some more digging and see what i find.

edit: quote from Majestic's website

some teams use a Nameplate for the player's name. This means that the letters are sewn onto a piece of fabric, and then that fabric is sewn onto the jersey. The nameplate fabric is an exact match to the body of the jersey. Some teams use direct-stitching for the player's name. This means that the letters are sewn directly onto the jersey.

...great, doesn't help much.

ok. and i'm looking through forums, The Braves blue unis still have plates, and i know their new cream uniform has them, not sure about the rest of their kits. The Rays and Indians still use plates. The Astros use plates for all of their jerseys EXCEPT for the Home white pinstripes (riddle me that). uhh....dunno much more at this point.

i do know that teams more and more are switching from the nameplates to the letters being sewn on directly, in order to let the letters arch across the back more, making them easier to fit for long names.

such as SALTALAMACCHIA

IMG_5271.jpg

got all the nameplates sorted out. feel free to correct me please if anyone knows a specific team that i got wrong.

teams that USE name plates

• Rays - all uniforms
  • Indians - all uniforms EXCEPT nameless alternate
  • Braves - all uniforms
  • Pirates - all uniforms
  • Astros - all uniforms EXCEPT Home pinstriped uniform

teams that DO NOT USE nameplates

• Yankees
  • Red Sox
  • Blue Jays
  • Orioles
  • Mets
  • Marlins
  • Cardinals
  • Cubs
  • Reds
  • Brewers
  • Rockies
  • Giants
  • Padres
  • Dodgers
  • Diamondbacks
  • Astros Home Pinstripes
  • Nationals (each letter is placed on top of a square block that is sewn on, like individual letter plates, or letter patches)
  • Phillies (white stroke around each letter on the back)

thanks for catching that ming, for some unexplained reason i only gave you 23 teams?? how bout an updated real list?

Teams that do NOT use nameplates

yankees

red sox

Blue jays

orioles

tigers

twins

royals

white sox

mariners

rangers

angels

athletics

mets

phillies

marlins

nationals

cardinals

reds

cubs

astros (ONLY on Home pinstriped uniform)

brewers

rockies

giants

dodgers

padres

diamondbacks

Teams that DO use nameplates

Rays (all uniforms)

Indians (all uniforms (except nameless alternate))

Braves (all uniforms)

Pirates (all uniforms)

Astros (all uniforms (EXCEPT for home pinstriped uniform)

I haven't been working on uniforms for a while because it dawned on me, the game needs more immersion, and uniforms weren't enough. I realized what was wrong. The grass. Every stadium is the same grass color. So, I did what any modder would do:

g3H3z.jpg

iB9nk.jpg

FHcHd.jpg

KCC, I am glad you are on this. We've had a chat about this a few days ago, and I am more than grateful that you applied your skills once again. Indeed, the grass is a huge part of overall atmosphere. Can't wait for these!!!

I re-released all of the stadiums I worked on with new grass changes. Check the downloads section ;)

Archived