Kccitystar's Total Mods + Stuff

Kccitystar

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome! I hate using Blender.I found a way to convert the files into an .obj file which can then be opened in Maya, a much easier piece of 3D software. I am still trying to find a way to adjust the models for cyberfaces to make them perfect. Haven't really messed with stadium models yet, although I would like to make the umpires more "heavy set" also.

This is awesome! I hate using Blender.I found a way to convert the files into an .obj file which can then be opened in Maya, a much easier piece of 3D software.

But can you successfully re-import the edited OBJ file back into the 2K format? At one point, I was able to convert the 3D file to a 3DS which could then be opened by ZModeler (one of the programs that I used for MVP), but I couldn't convert it back without the game crashing...

But can you successfully re-import the edited OBJ file back into the 2K format? At one point, I was able to convert the 3D file to a 3DS which could then be opened by ZModeler (one of the programs that I used for MVP), but I couldn't convert it back without the game crashing...

Maybe you should have recalculated the checksum for the file?

Great job KC, just wondering if you could add the "B Strong" patch on the Red Sox jerseys?

I will. I plan on doing a quick run-through of all the teams and include all relevant variations of uniforms (Toronto's blue road, Padres blue road, for example).

Also, I'm aware that the colorlist I use may not be as accurate as people want them to be.

This is probably because of a high percentage of people who play this on a television screen and not on a laptop or a PC monitor like I do. TV's have their own color profile, whereas a PC/Laptop will display a direct feed with no color profiles loaded up so some colors may look washed out.

Since the PC version of MLB2K12 is a direct port of the XBOX version, the textures/logos are washed out because 2K leaves the color calibrations up to the TV to get it right.

For what it's worth, I'm using the default sRGB profile on Photoshop to get the colors right.

Right now the last and final team is the Diamondbacks, specifically the throwback uniforms. Those use custom fonts that are a b*tch to map and create a proper bumpmap (green image) for. I'll ultimately re-do the Astros uniforms again and THEN finally compile everything into ONE Total MLB Uniforms 2013 mod for everyone to download and enjoy.

It's been fun, and I'll definitely take a break after this one ;)

This game with the Mods is way better than the actual 2K13 on consoles. It's not even close.

Tell me about it, with the right sliders, it's a great alternative to The Show, but I definitely want to visually alter this game further.

Since I don't know how to hex edit, there are a few things that I've been frustratingly unable to tweak, like the lighting for the game engine itself, stuff like the intensity of the lighting, the shadows, tweak the gamma in a way that the colors are deeper and not as washed out...the list goes on.

So much unfounded stuff, I mean the overlay mod that's been recently released is a pleasant surprise.

Total Uniforms 2K13 should be released at the end of the month or at least before the All-Star break with:

ASG uniforms

RailRiders/Fighting Phils uniform set

Color corrected list for all MiLB teams

Extra Throwback uniforms (1995 Mariners, 1994 Astros, '01 Diamondbacks, 1999 Reds, 2002 Devil Rays, 1998 Padres to name a few)

The extra throwback unis are realistically a long term goal though. Everything else will be included for sure in the complete package :)

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot considering a lot of things going on off the web.

That's fantastic.. Great job KC.

You're welcome.

To date, every team has been fixed up for the 2013 season, however....anything else I'm currently doing is just mere maintenance...

Stuff like adding the "B" strong patch on the Sox uniforms, getting the Astros uniforms re-done, stuff like that...

About the extras, I would probably do one uniform from those throwback home/road sets to just spice it up a bit. So far I have a 98 Padres set and a 2001 road D'backs jersey that looks amazing and the 1994 Astros set that you can already download in the downloads section. If you go back a few pages you might just see some screenshots... ;)

Good things are coming in due time y'all.

Archived