Kccitystar's Total Mods + Stuff

Kccitystar

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to the sorcery from Exrxixxx there is now a way to add 2x sky textures, which is going to be fun, since we're gonna have more dimensions to play around with.

2048x512 was the original

4096x1024 is the resize.

YES.

As someone who does not own this game I am kind of curious about this. What do you mean you have more dimensions to play around with? And how will this affect the game?

KC have you ever seen this audio editor by leftos? http://www.nba-live.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=91782. It might be a step in the right direction towards audio editing. It will load the mlb jukebox audio files correctly but it won't allow them to be edited. It's compatible with all versions of nba 2k so maybe a little hex editing?? That's out of my league but I thought you might be interested.

The cloud textures in the game look pixelated and blocky. Bigger size means more detail and room for improvements.

It's like when we found out 2X uniforms were possible in MVP and we eventually 2X'ed everything.

I get it, yeah yeah, it's clouds, but when they take up a significant amount of screen space you might as well make it look good.

The cloud textures in the game look pixelated and blocky. Bigger size means more detail and room for improvements.

It's like when we found out 2X uniforms were possible in MVP and we eventually 2X'ed everything.

I get it, yeah yeah, it's clouds, but when they take up a significant amount of screen space you might as well make it look good.

Thank you. Now I see what you want to accomplish here. Sure, they are just clouds like you said but when you can provide more detail in them it will make everything look sharper. Like on an overcast day you can make the clouds look greyer and maybe rain threatening and on a nice sunny day the you can make the size and detail of the clouds stand out. I get it.

I remember when we all found out that uniforms could be made in 2X. It made them look even better. I even remember when boricuapapi wanted to try to stretch the limits and make them into 4X. :)

Good luck and please post some nice screenshots of your progress. I'd love to see this.

Could you PM me with the details on how this works? This could open up huge graphic possibilities with dirt and grass textures as well!

KC, this is pure artwork! Like our friends who play MVP, our anticipation for the next years addition of MLB2K lies in the capable hands of people like you, picklebrad and others who get us excited about our "next generation" of graphics and gameplay. It is no small thing that you do and the time and passion you put into this product makes it all the more special to play. What a community, and what great artists we have and I'm grateful for the sacrifice made by all of you! Cheers, man! :)

Thank you so much for the kind words man. It really means a lot to me and I'm sure, the other modders that we can make such a difference to a video game with the limited resources we have. I'm sure I don't only speak for myself when I say that I thoroughly enjoy doing what I do and it makes it that much more gratifying when I realize that it gives enjoyment to each and every member of this amazing community. For them to be able to play a game that WE wanted and to experience the fun and excitement that the game of baseball gives us in our everyday lives. Stay tuned for more and keep up the requests. God bless baseball and everyone.

Those are new Road alternates for this season. At least they are MUCH better than those lame Dodger road alternates where they just put back the old "Dodgers" instead of "Los Angeles" on the front. I like the Giants alternate home the best so far.

You mean they trump the Royals' new Road alternate?

Chill. I love those.

• 1 month later...

Just some notes...

So I'm making my way around the league, and I'm realizing, shoot, I have to replace the Majestic logo for ALLLLL the uniforms, right?

Man..

I didn't even do the spring training jerseys, because they look ridiculous for a BP uniform.

MiLB-wise, I want to take care of the RubberDucks, Travelers, Knights and Railriders but MiLB style guides NEVER have road scripts and I have 0 clue where to find them.

Just a proof of concept with the ST uniforms. I don't have a set timetable for the 2014 uniforms yet but I will eventually. I'm working on a lot of small things like crowds and tweaking rosters (equipment changes, skin color fixing) with REDitor:

xaZwBwm.png

Archived