Kccitystar

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update 1.20 of the Global.iff file is now up.

What a difference a couple of years makes:

4wh6q7C.jpg

To the untrained eye it looks similar but there are key differences.

The stock 2K12 global file did not have any jersey wrinkles whatsoever. That area was left blank. A lot of the wrinkle/fold changes in the global updates up until 1.20 came from earlier versions of the 2K games, like MLB 2K9 and 2K10-11 as well as updates that I found here on the site that went unused for a while. The wrinkles that show when a player stretches or turns/twists were not as detailed on the stock version of the global.iff file, but I managed to combine the best of every version of MLB 2K along with a wrinkle update that was posted on here sometime in 2012, so that's included in update 1.20.

Another key important thing that I discovered recently, through RED MC was a file that had a texture that handles occlusion in the game. You might wonder, gee KC what the heck is that, well, I'll tell you. It's a file that the game uses for shadowing detail, like the armpit area, inner leg area, sleeves, etc. It was never touched up until update 1.10, but in the newest update it has been refined and tweaked for maximum immersion. It looks like the game 2K12 should have looked like when it came out. Not sure about the "playing" part yet, but we'll get there someday.

Cheers!

Yeah, considering this is basically the beginning for this sort of thing, we will see some awesome updates soon. KC sent me some nice screens yesterday and the shadowing on the pitchers from the mound was incredible.. this game will continue to keep looking better. I plan to upload some updates for Wrigley tonight too. (2K Retextured buildings etc)

I'm still struggling with getting cyberfaces to work. I want to create some player faces, but when I follow the process to do so like I normally would for the NBA2K games, the UV mapping is all wonky and won't work!

So what I did was try to find some .IFF tools from the earlier MLB2K games to see if it can convert from .IFF to CFF and import it into Blender that way. The damn things don't work on a 64-bit OS and the owner never coded a 64 bit version.

Not sure what my next step is...

I had the same problem. I would love to have used Blender to change player models. Try creating face textures with one cyberface such as a generic one, then paste those textures onto the cyberface of a player that is very similar to the player you are trying to create. It works rather well for me I think.

Archived