To Easy To Hit Home Runs?

Lexor

Well guys, I'm having a little "problem" in my franchise mode, I'm hitting to many Home Runs D:. I tried a lot of difficult sliders of late, and in every one of them I'm hitting long balls like Ruth. In my last try I finished april with Lance Berkman hitting 15 HR's, that mean he just beat Pujols and A-Rod record of 14 in april lol. Any ideas?

Too* sorry for the typo

Edited by Lexor

The sliders don't seem to do much within a specific level of play. What level of play are you using? People have had luck with going to a more difficult level of play and then adjusting the sliders down. I am using the easiest gameplay level and my home runs vary depending on how good the pitcher from the opposing team is. I recently played Toronto and was VERY frustrated that I couldn't even get a base hit. I'm still learning with this game ;) With MVP05/08 I was able to whack balls all over the place at will. What my major frustration is are the colored "helper" balls that come at you when you're trying to get a hit. A lot of times they completely cover the real baseball and I end up swinging and missing. :(

I'm already at 100 pitch speed, but I think is too drastic to put 25 in power, well. My numbers are somewhat normal now that I'm playing out of division. Phillies just kicked my *** in the series, Halladay is a beast but I got two homers agaisn't him. I'm hoping it's just game mecanics, and somewhere down the road I'll stop hitting the fans D:.

BTW, I'm playing in Hall of Fame, after trying all the other levels

I have my power at around 30 I believe. I hit an average about 1-3 a game. The season I just finished the most in the league was Miguel Cabrera with 43 second was A-Roid with 40. Most on my team was Papi and Gonzo with around 33-36.

Not that this has to do with anything but I believe it's worth noting that in MLB2K09 & 2K10 Franchise mode with CPU vs CPU play that I watched 36 games and saw nine homeruns. TOTAL! But, when I simulated other games, there is at least one per game and sometimes more. I guess the sliders are more important than I thought.