Widescreen Native To Mvp Baseball 2005 -- Yes It Is

stecropper

Guys,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here before (I searched and couldn't find anything) but I recently purchased a new video card and hooked my Widescreen HDTV to it via the HDMI cable and noticed that in the highest resolution setting the game automatically went to Widescreen (non stretched) when a game began. All other lower resolutions were still being displayed in the normal Full Screen mode. I then hooked it up using a standard monitor display cable (VGA) and even at the highest resolution it was back to the old normal Full Screen mode and not Widescreen.

Needless to say I set it back to using the HDMI cable and Widescreen is absolutely stunning ! There is definitely more field being displayed as I can tell from where some of the ingame overlay boxes are. There is more room on either side of them and nothing is stretched.

Some of the Stadiums appear nearly 3D looking - especially beyond the outfield fences.

I feel certain others already know this but I couldn't find any thing mentioned in the forums about the use of an HDMI cable hooked to an HD Monitor or TV would provide this unstretched Widescreen.

i'm sorry, Cropper, but I don't believe it. I searched the internet for anyone who was able to play MVP 2005 on the PC widescreen without stretching and never saw anything. you gotta take a picture of the game being played - with a camera - so we can see what you're seeing on your TV as you're seeing it.

i'm sorry, Cropper, but I don't believe it. I searched the internet for anyone who was able to play MVP 2005 on the PC widescreen without stretching and never saw anything. you gotta take a picture of the game being played - with a camera - so we can see what you're seeing on your TV as you're seeing it.

Believe it. MVP 12 in widescreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJf0wtQiRDg&feature=youtu.be

if anyone was ever able to play it on widescreen, it would be here on this site. Don's also one of the most well respected members here, so he's not out to fool anyone. should be no surprise if you weren't able to find it on a search across the internet since this is the most reknown site for the game across the world (yeah I said it). anyhow, ingame pic is nice, but a screen of the video resolution that's displayed is the way to go. If you guys can show the settings screens that has anything better than 1280x1024, then we're onto something here. but i haven't been able to reproduce this yet. I always play on widescreen, but it's a stretched image.

I'd be more than happy to post a couple images if someone would show me how to place an image in a post. But, looks like Kyleb has already shown his native widescreen.

I think the key is having an approxiate video card with HDMI connection hooked into an HD capable monitor or TV using HDMI.

I will double check the resolutions used once I get back to my computer later this evening. But I am certain that it automatically goes to Widescreen only when using the highest resolution and when using the other lower resolutions it displays in normal Full Screen mode. I don't set my HDTV on widescreen or set any settings for widescreen any place else. It just goes to widescreen automatically with this connection setup and highest resolution set in the game.

Don

SPECS:

NVIDIA GeForce GT430 1TB

DirectX11

Dell Desktop Inspiron 620 6MB

VIZIO 47" HDTV

1280 X 1024 X 32 (used)

(all other lower resolutions are also "X 32s" as well -- I seem to remember on my previous setup some were "x 16s"

Don, it makes me wonder what resolution you were playing on before :) But 1280x1024 was the maximum resolution the game's always been at. I think you might have found an improvement for yourself, but I don't we've found a true widescreen resolution in this case unless you are able to play it higher than that in game. If you haven't played it before on this resolution, then you should be seeing a huge difference! Those cyberfaces and 2x uniforms should look amazing to you now.

Hey Homer,

I've been playing on that resolution for a very long time as well but with a different video card and connection. It always was in normal Full Screen mode while playing it in that resolution with the old video card and connection. But now in that resolution with the new video card & HDMI cable it automatically switches to widescreen as the game begins. That never happened before and even now if I drop down to a lower resolution it reverts back to the normal Full Screen mode and not Widescreen.

I had tried the stretching method of widescreen in the past and never enjoyed it much and would always revert back to normal Full Screen. But now I set nothing and widescreen is presented and it certainly is not in stretch mode.

I certainly acknowledge I could be missing something here but all I am certain of is the game is now playing in a non stretched widescreen and this has all started by me switching to the HDMI cable on a new video card. All other elements of my setup have not changed.

Take Care Homer,

Don