Baseup! Rosters Phase 5 Preview

Gordo

BaseUp! Phase 5 will be a major overhauling from what you've seen from the beginning of the year roster wise. With many players scheduled to return from rehab stints and others who will be out an extended period or were lost for the season, lineups will appear differently for many teams. Because of this many lineups will have to be projected and not match the present actual....which is hard to do with all of the callups and send downs regardless.

**Also, if you have any feedback regarding certain players attributes, pose them now.

Here's the planned additions / subtractions (this is in addition to players already lost for the season noted in previous included RTF file in the roster zip):

Subtractions:

(AL)

Blue Jays: Luis Perez (P) - out for the season

Indians: Lonnie Chisenhall (3B) - DL'd

Royals: Felipe Paulino (P) - out for the season

Yankees: Andy Pettite (P) - DL'd

(NL)

D'backs: Daniel Hudson (P) - out for the season

Dodgers: Todd Coffey (P) - out for the season

Giants: Freddy Sanchez (2B) - out for the season

Phillies: Michael Stutes (P) - DL'd

Phillies: Freddy Galvis (IF) - SUS

Additions:

(*if a player is not listed here, but listed on the previous DL list, then I found no convincing evidence to bring him back; e.g., Peter Moylan)

2lsjpr8.jpg

Hey guys.... good news on an update! I started doing these moves and was getting a freeze. After checking cyberfaces and proper minimum player balances on each team, I finally discovered that by clearing all pitching rotations in the MLB teams, I eliminated the freezing and had a good preliminary and, now, a solid roster test run. I'm going to look through any more essential creation needs for pitchers as I've already done a handful (as well as making sure the few suggestions to add are legitimately in there). If all goes well this will be a BONUS release of Phase 4 --- let's call it in celebration of the '12 TC mod that just came out! Keep your fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, but he also only has 45 starts to his name to date....and considerably low number versus lefties. As far as speed and SB, he is certainly one of the fastest guys in the rosters. Anything 90+ is up there. Back to ratings...... rookies making debuts are subject to me using some interpolation of minor league numbers. Splits aren't given for minor leagues and even if they were, I wouldn't give a rook the same credit as a major leaguer who's proven. By the end of the year, when I do that roster, I'll have more data to work with on making adjustments where they seem due.

For example, he has a 52 - 57 / L - R contact split. If his current averages were to hold up the rest of the year, he would be assigned a 52 - 80 split. His power numbers would go up too. But it's hard to justify right now and I can't keep rosters living to include all of the adjustments. It would be a full time job.

American League should pretty much be done tonight and I'm anticipating getting it out by this weekend. Quintin Berry even given an upgrade! :)

Addendum: Danks will be out for the season.

However, all of the guys listed on the season ending injury side of the list as well as in the not included for Phase 5 list will have their .mep files in a separate zip so that if one wishes to add them back to the roster set, they may.