Mvp12!

musty1000

Guys I downloaded this and it is just great. Amazing job!

One thing I found though. Comerica Park opened in 2000, not 1997. The selection screen is wrong. It broke ground in 1997. This is such a small detail, but I thought I would let you know. Other then that I see nothing.

Thanks! I'll try to get that addressed.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spend so much time developing and testing mods on my laptop with onboard graphics that I forget how good the game looks on a PC with a real graphics card. I installed MVP12 on the PC I use to play, fired up the game and was amazed at how great it looks.

Maybe, and this would be kyle's discretion, we should start an "MVP 12 Suggestion Box" -- limiting it to suggestions for alterations, tweaks of appearances such as some mentioned here. After looking at pix of Ackley, I agree with the body change, for example and see a more life-like appearance with small body, athletic/big legs vs. what he had. He could probably even go with slim (See pic). I'd say keep this thread for general comments / accolades and get a separate suggestion thread (easier for checking / tracking).

P.S. Aybar definitely looks better with 10 skin

afk6qe.jpg

Maybe, and this would be kyle's discretion, we should start an "MVP 12 Suggestion Box" -- limiting it to suggestions for alterations, tweaks of appearances such as some mentioned here. After looking at pix of Ackley, I agree with the body change, for example and see a more life-like appearance with small body, athletic/big legs vs. what he had. He could probably even go with slim (See pic). I'd say keep this thread for general comments / accolades and get a separate suggestion thread (easier for checking / tracking).

P.S. Aybar definitely looks better with 10 skin

afk6qe.jpg

I'm actually fine with keeping it centralized here. There were some comments in the shoutbox earlier today that I had to dig up after I got home from work to order to get started on those corrections. So if possible, it would really be helpful to keep everything suggestion/correction related in one place.

Addressing a few more uniform glitches. Check out these two from the Angels set. On the left this isn't the 1971 home uniform. I believe it is the 1939 Hollywood Stars uniform and on the right it should say 1997 road instead of 1957 road.

post-58-0-98082100-1342149162_thumb.jpg

I've addressed those in my copy and it will be included in the patch. Thanks!

Kyleb, I am not harping on anything nor am I posting this stuff just to find fault in this mod. You talked about a patch and I am just bringing up things that can be addressed.

I tried to play a game in some of the minor league parks and I ran into some problems. When I picked Waterfront Park everything was fine. I was able to play.

Now for the problems. When I picked Legends Field I saw something and then had something happen. When I started the game after picking Legends Field the screen said it was Waterfront Park. And then the game crashed. I tried it again and the same thing happened. It crashed.

I tried to play a game in NYSEG Field and I couldn't do it. Something was wrong with it. Here is the screenshot.

Also, the catchers glove for the Yankees is the wrong color. Russell Martin has a red glove while the Boston catcher (not pictured) has a black one.

Also, the catchers glove for the Yankees is the wrong color. Russell Martin has a red glove while the Boston catcher (not pictured) has a black one.

post-58-0-04884600-1342154618_thumb.jpg

Maybe we also want to point out what should be there and not just what looks misplaced?

I tried to play a game in NYSEG Field and I couldn't do it. Something was wrong with it. Here is the screenshot.

post-58-0-86752100-1342154501_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-04884600-1342154618_thumb.jpg

The issue you are experiencing here is indicative of the hard-coding within some of the Classic Stadium slots. There are certain classic stadium slots that fully expect an “old” stadium to be there (like Shibe Park or the Polo Grounds for example) and they will have the old looking score and pitch select overlay by default (there’s no way to change that AFAIK). Also I have tried to put “modern” stadiums in these slots and because of datafile issues; you will experience some of the graphics glitches or the notorious “Missing Texture” anomaly like in your screenshot. Unfortunately, I do not know of a workaround and it would only affect a small number of these classic stadium slots.

The issue you are experiencing here is indicative of the hard-coding within some of the Classic Stadium slots. There are certain classic stadium slots that fully expect an “old” stadium to be there (like Shibe Park or the Polo Grounds for example) and they will have the old looking score and pitch select overlay by default (there’s no way to change that AFAIK). Also I have tried to put “modern” stadiums in these slots and because of datafile issues; you will experience some of the graphics glitches or the notorious “Missing Texture” anomaly like in your screenshot. Unfortunately, I do not know of a workaround and it would only affect a small number of these classic stadium slots.

I understand if they are hard coded and a workaround can't be found. Those things happen and that's just the way it is. Maybe with these minor league stadiums that don't work right they should be replaced and the classic stadium should be put back in only because this NYSEG park is unplayable as it is and if it can't be fixed it should be replaced.

Actually, there is an easy way to have the same overlay in all stadiums, including those in the classic slots. EA included two sets of overlay files in the datafrontend folder. Each set is made up of two files. The "regular" stadium overlay files are named igonly.big and ingame.big. The classic stadium overlay files are named coopov.big and cooplay.big. The "coop" in the classic overlay files refers to Cooperstown.

If you want the same overlay in all stadiums, copy igonly.big to coopov.big and ingame.big to cooplay.big. That's the way we do it in the Total Classics mods and we've never had any problems.

As for having modern stadiums in the classic slots, that is also fairly easy to get around. Here's an example of what you would do to if you wanted to put Yankee Stadium in the Shibe Park slot:

First, copy Yankee Stadium (yankday.big or yanknite.big) to Shibe Park (shibday.big) in your datastadiums folder.

Next, you need to update the camera file associated with Shibe Park:

• Open the datadatafiledatafile.big file with EAGraph
  • Extract the Yankee Stadium camera file yankday.txt or yanknite.txt (they are both the same)
  • Rename the camera file to shibday.txt (which is the name of the Shibe Park camera file)
  • You now have two options:

• Either reimport the "new" shibday.txt file back into the datafile.big file
    • or simply copy the shibday.txt file to your data folder.

The game overrides any files in the datafile.big file if it finds similarly named files in the data folder. Copying to the data folder is an easy way to test new datafiles quickly. If you don't like the way it looks, simply remove the file from the data folder and you will revert back to the default behavior in the datafile.big file.

If you wanted to be thorough, you would also need to replace the Shibe Park stadium select screen with the Yankee Stadium stadium select screen by editing the datafrontendstadiums.big file. For this example we won't do that, so I won't go into the steps involved. Suffice it to say, that this is trivial work as well.

You're right. A brown or tan colored glove should be there instead of the red one that is currently assigned to Martin.

Martin's glove was glitched somehow. He wasn't assigned a red glove but red was showing up. I've changed it to a light brown.