Mvp12!

musty1000

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know if this has been brought up before but there's a uniform mistake with the Brewers. In the Brewers uniform choices there is an option to pick the 1957 Milwaukee Braves. Right city, wrong team. This should be in the Atlanta Braves section,

post-58-0-71263000-1342552733_thumb.jpg

This actually is not wrong. The Brewers have worn these jerseys in a game before. They actually wore them in a game against the Braves, causing a Braves vs. Braves matchup. Here is more information:

4877183747_d7125ae1a9_b.jpg

I wish I knew what was going on now.

I guess I would suggest using BigGui to see if you somehow have uncompressed files in models.big and portrait.big. After that, try deleting a player or two in MVPEdit from the free agent list.

I really wish the results that MVP 2005 gave were universal across different systems. It's hard to solve a problem when it's working for me.

I guess I would suggest using BigGui to see if you somehow have uncompressed files in models.big and portrait.big. After that, try deleting a player or two in MVPEdit from the free agent list.

I really wish the results that MVP 2005 gave were universal across different systems. It's hard to solve a problem when it's working for me.

I installed this with TiT just like the instructions said.

I installed this with TiT just like the instructions said.

Yeah, I figured. As did I when I tested it. The game is just a pain sometimes. Your folders for the MVP 12 mod aren't set for read only, are they? That could possibly cause only part of this to install properly.

I was able to install it and run the game with no problem.

Y4L - What OS are you running -- Windows XP? Windows 7? I'm running XP on my desktop PC and my laptop.

Did you install the game with actual disks or did you download the game from the Internet? Sorry, I just HAD to ask..... ;)

Yeah, I figured. As did I when I tested it. The game is just a pain sometimes. Your folders for the MVP 12 mod aren't set for read only, are they? That could possibly cause only part of this to install properly.

No, they are not read only. All my installs are the same.

I was able to install it and run the game with no problem.

Y4L - What OS are you running -- Windows XP? Windows 7? I'm running XP on my desktop PC and my laptop.

Did you install the game with actual disks or did you download the game from the Internet? Sorry, I just HAD to ask..... ;)

Jim, I have Vista.

And, hahahaa, (I'm having a hard time typing this) I own the game. Wait. Let me check. Yes I do. :good:

At this point, my only suggestion would be to make another MVP12 folder, copy a clean installation of the game to it, reinstall MVP12 and then try reinstalling the patch again. A momentary, unreproducible glitch may have occurred while you were installing the patch (sunspot activity, iced tea induced amnesia, etc.). I know I've had things like that happen before and starting over sometimes helps.

At this point, my only suggestion would be to make another MVP12 folder, copy a clean installation of the game to it, reinstall MVP12 and then try reinstalling the patch again. A momentary, unreproducible glitch may have occurred while you were installing the patch (sunspot activity, iced tea induced amnesia, etc.). I know I've had things like that happen before and starting over sometimes helps.

I did exactly this Jim (I should add without drinking anything) and the same thing happened. I really have come to the conclusion that it is another "Vista" issue. I had no trouble installing the updated red White Sox uniforms or the updated Yankee uniforms that Dennis made but for a bigger file like this patch is it did not work. I kept on getting a message that the TiT stopped working and when you see that error message come up you know it's not going to work.

yankee4life

i also had some problems with TIT install-don,t know why

especially audio (hdr. dat) files

so i just extract all files in some folder and then

import each files using biggui

it take more times but safe

just try this way.

hope you will solve the problems soon

Any chance that the download could have gotten corrupted? Have you tried re-downloading the patch file and reinstalling again?

No, it didn't get corrupted. The patch is just a little less than 20mg and I tried it a few times and got the same file size each time. Now when I tried to install this patch on my XP laptop it worked perfectly. This convinces me more that it is a Vista issue.

So that takes care of that. I'll have the updated 2012 game on my laptop and not on my desktop.

yankee4life

i also had some problems with TIT install-don,t know why

especially audio (hdr. dat) files

so i just extract all files in some folder and then

import each files using biggui

it take more times but safe

just try this way.

hope you will solve the problems soon

I'm kind of curious to know how long this took you?

I suppose you could unzipping it and breaking it into smaller files

So instead of a 19 to 20 mg file I could have a few smaller ones? Hmmm. This could work. I can try this tonight when I have some time to spare.

As the old saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat and the more that I thought about what Kyleb said about breaking up the patch into smaller files to install with TiT the more I figured why not give it a try? I was going to do this later on tonight but curiosity got the better of me and I tried it just now.

Result?

It worked.

Vista seems to throw a fit when it comes across a TiT file that is too big for their liking and I cut it down to size like kyleb said and all is right in the world now.

Now that this is over I can get to work on the much anticipated Mvp 2012 mod review. For those of you filling up my PM inbox asking about this hold on because it will be posted soon.

Thank you kyleb.

I believe there is an issue with the Rays audio in general. If the Rays is the away team, you will not hear them announced at the beginning of the game. For example, if they are playing the Yankees at Yankee Stadium, you will hear, "Today's game features <slight pause> and the New York Yankees.". If they are the home team and they are playing the Yankees, you will hear, "Today's game features the New York Yankees and the Tampa Bay Rays."

I'm guessing that the modification to change the Tampa Bay audio from "Devil Rays" to "Rays" wasn't done quite right, since there are instances when you do not hear the team name.

As was mentioned, editting team audio is very difficult, this one appeared to be the least difficult. I tested the one I modified for both home and away and heard the "Rays" when it was appropriate. (I'm still using the '08 mod). The extractor program does cut off the "s" of the "Rays" sometimes, I'm still trying to find a fix for that. I'll keep you posted.

kraw made tit so that it would recognize different files and place them in the correct places so you wouldn't have to worry too much about it. however whenever i pack files together, i separate the files into folders for different things, such as models.big, portraits, uniforms, audios, etc. it should still work either way, but as far as i know, kraw was never a vista fan so i don't know that there was much testing in that OS.

Do I need to restart another season if I install the patch or will I be able to continue on with the current one?

Everything should be fine but the handful of changes made in the rosters (some skin tones, a portrait ID, Jason Heyward being left-handed) won't be reflected.