Mvp12!

musty1000

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well then, you have answered one of my concerns, thanks again : )

So far I'm getting killed, the CPU thinks it's a Homerun Derby for the CPU, apparently I suck at pitching, or I have it set to be that hard to pitch around the CPU Batters.

Talk to you later,

It takes practice. I went through the same thing when I started out playing this game. I couldn't hit that good at all and it seemed that every time I threw a mistake pitch it was hit over the fence or off the wall. But it does get better.

Will you take a look at that? I didn't even see it. I'm going to go download this right now. This really looks good. Thank you very much!

You are welcome ..... Next is David Robertson ...... But I did it for daflyboys ................ But every Yankees fan I hope will be satisfied ......We are waiting for kyleb assign a new ID number ..............

robertsondavidjedcard.png

Thanks guys. I'm a bit proud of what we accomplished. It took about 4 months of HARD work to get this done. I had never modded the PC game before this. I had some XBox experience, but I got the PC game in March and immediately got to work. Thanks so much to the MVP 12 team that contributed new mods, to everyone that gave permission for inclusion of past mods, and to all the board legends that provided guidance. The mod isn't perfect, but I still think it's damn good.

I'm pretty sure this mod has more uniforms included than any other Total Conversion mod ever. We've got over 700 in this. Obviously, big thanks go out to all the past uniform creators, but I definitely couldn't have done this without bctrackboi compiling uniform sets and creating tons of new uniforms, along with nani for releasing new uniforms for every MLB team in 2012. If you don't see a 2012 uniform when you get to the select screen, just scroll through until you find it; we had to work around some hard-coding to make sure jerseys were accurate.

ar_key and I developed a roster set that is the most accurate roster from Single A thru MLB out there. Statistically, I put of lot of time into it to make it ideal for Season Mode. I certainly welcome constructive criticism on the roster as this is the first roster I've ever been associated with. Some kind of evidence that backs up criticism would be helpful as well. Also, I encourage everyone to try MVP 12 with Daflyboys roster as an alternative; he has gone to great depths to make insanely accurate MLB rosters. It's pretty fantastic.

RJSim created brand new (and exclusive) artwork for MVP 12.

I'm pretty proud of the music in MVP 12. My aim was for a jukebox that was a bit more focused towards very modern rock, similar to the original MVP games. I had a ton of fun creating the batter walk up music file, I think it's very diverse.

Dennisjames, Jim, Yankee4Life, Homer and Kraw were all invaluable in their wisdom.

I'd also like to thank kst for putting out a lot of portrait sets and Jed & Jogar for putting out all of the wonderful cyberfaces. I'd like to thank jaycee for continuing to put out audio sets even though his computer is fried. A designer friend of mine that doesn't even play MVP created brand-new stadium select screens for the game - only cost me a case of beer! However, a few of them are stretched a bit, but 95% of them are perfect and look awesome.

Unfortunately, there are some thing that just didn't get done. 3 MLB stadiums are missing and a bunch of minor league portraits were never completed. I'm pretty aware of what's missing in the mod and would prefer not to have a bunch of PMs pointing this out.

Again, constructive criticism is welcome; there's a good chance SOMETHING got glossed over. Is there an audio file floating around somewhere that should be included? Did I get a cyberface assignment wrong? Please let me know.

I really hope everyone enjoys this mod as much as I have.

Thanks so much guys,

Kyle

I am really enjoying MVP 2012 since I downloaded it last week. It looks great and extends the life of the still most complete PC game for baseball ever made!!

I have come across two minor errors that may need adjusting somewhere down the line by those a lot more capable than myself.

1. Mets hot prospect pitcher Matt Harvey has the wrong birthday assigned. He is 28 in the game, he is actually born March 27, 1989 making him 23.

2. On all the new (2012 model) Toronto Blue Jays uniforms the number 1 on the back of the uniform is in the wrong faunt. The Jays uniforms are supposed to look very similar to the early 1990's versions but for whatever reason the 2012 uniforms use a differnt style number 1 than the early 90's. I live in Toronto, and use the Jays as my dynasty (and also work in merchandising at the Rogers Centre) so it might be something so anal retentive that only I noticed it.

Thanks again to all those involved in the making of MVP12!!

I am really enjoying MVP 2012 since I downloaded it last week. It looks great and extends the life of the still most complete PC game for baseball ever made!!

I have come across two minor errors that may need adjusting somewhere down the line by those a lot more capable than myself.

1. Mets hot prospect pitcher Matt Harvey has the wrong birthday assigned. He is 28 in the game, he is actually born March 27, 1989 making him 23.

2. On all the new (2012 model) Toronto Blue Jays uniforms the number 1 on the back of the uniform is in the wrong faunt. The Jays uniforms are supposed to look very similar to the early 1990's versions but for whatever reason the 2012 uniforms use a differnt style number 1 than the early 90's. I live in Toronto, and use the Jays as my dynasty (and also work in merchandising at the Rogers Centre) so it might be something so anal retentive that only I noticed it.

Thanks again to all those involved in the making of MVP12!!

You know what...good eye with the Blue Jays font. I pulled the font file from MLB 2K12 and checked the MLBSHop for the Blue Jays Jerseys and noticed that ALL the numerals need to be updated. Toronto did base this font on the early 1990s style, but modernized it for 2012. I should have these done in the next day or so.

-Dennis

You know what...good eye with the Blue Jays font. I pulled the font file from MLB 2K12 and checked the MLBSHop for the Blue Jays Jerseys and noticed that ALL the numerals need to be updated. Toronto did base this font on the early 1990s style, but modernized it for 2012. I should have these done in the next day or so.

-Dennis

Thanks Dennis, like I said I work for the merchandising department at the Rogers Centre and it drives me crazy in real life to see the new jersey's with the old faunt numbers because it means it is an obvious bootleg!! As far as MLB12 is concerned it was such a small thing that I wasnt even sure it was worth pointing out.

• 2 weeks later...

i need some help

i start a season with the clevelad indians in the first 12 games everithing was perfect then i try to play the day 24th of april an then crash

i try start new season an the same thing in the same date

tks for any help

problem. i installed the game, installed mvp12, installed the last official, patch 1 and 2 of 12, on a 7 x64 system, everything fine until i hit go, to play a game, then crashes. doesn't matter what teams, it crashes. this is in play now mode. any ideas?

i got it up, but its using the roster from wither from the game orginal or one throws offical patches. i delted out the the folder and installed it all in the order of game, ran, patch 3, ran, mvp12, ran, patch 1, ran, patch 2. apperantely it still had some mvp12 someithing i mised still in there left over from the previoes install but it runs, but as said is it ea rosters, that my only thing right now.

Hello I'm having a minor problem. I had a clean version of 2005 with patch2 on it. I extracted the explodeme file in Ea Sports/MVP Baseball 2005. Everything went smoothly no error messages and I went to play it and it's still MVP 2005 nothing has changed. If anyone can help I would be forever grateful I really want to play this! :sad:

Edited by eyecon

Hello I'm having a minor problem. I had a clean version of 2005 with patch2 on it. I extracted the explodeme file in Ea Sports/MVP Baseball 2005. Everything went smoothly no error messages and I went to play it and it's still MVP 2005 nothing has changed. If anyone can help I would be forever grateful I really want to play this! :sad:

Where did you run the explodeme.exe file from? In other words, when you extracted the explodeme file from the MVP12.7z file, where did you put it? Did you check the time and date stamps of any of the files after you ran explodeme to see if they changed?

Where did you run the explodeme.exe file from? In other words, when you extracted the explodeme file from the MVP12.7z file, where did you put it? Did you check the time and date stamps of any of the files after you ran explodeme to see if they changed?

I extracted the MVP12.7z to a folder i made on my desktop. I then ran the explodeme file and extracted that to the MVP folder. I didn't check the times. I'll reinstall the regular MVP 2005 and try again. I don't think it will work though because I've done it twice now.

Edited by eyecon

I re-read your earlier response and noticed that you said that you created a folder on your desktop, extracted the installer there and then ran it.

This may be grasping at straws, but using Windows Explorer, create a folder somewhere else (i.e. not on the desktop). Extract the intaller to that new folder and then try running it again. I doubt this will fix your problem, but you never know.

If that doesn't work, you try installing the mod manually. Here's what you would have to do:

1. Using Windows Explorer, create an empty folder

2. Run the explodeme.exe file and tell it to install the mod to the empty folder.

3. If it runs, all of the MVP12 files will be in the new folder in the proper subfolder structure (data, datafrontend, datastadiums, etc.)

4. Go into each folder and copy the files to the corresponding subfolders in your MVP Baseball 2005 folder

If the installer does not run, it may be caused by step 1 above where I said to create an empty folder. You may need to create the exact subfolder structure (data, dataaudio, datafrontend, etc.) in your empty folder before the installer runs. I can't remember if I had to do this or not when I was testing the explodeme.exe file when I created it.

As a first step, just use the empty folder without the subfolders. If that doesn't work, then create the subfolder structure. If you do have to create empty subfolders, you don't have to create every subfolder in the game. It's mainly the subfolders under the data folder.