musty1000

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Great mvp12 mod. Thanks to everyone who worked on and created this. Made one of the best baseball games ever more playable in my opinion. I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems diving with fielders when using a controller? I like this just as much, if not more than mlb the show for ps3. Props

Does anyone else feel like it's too easy to hit in this mod? I have it on MVP difficulty with all of the help (pitch recognition, strike zone, etc.) off. Seems like it's a little easier to score a bunch of runs than the original game on those settings.

Also, the Nationals stadium as some issues, such as the camera going out of the stadium and the relief pitchers warming up inside the outfield wall as opposed to the bullpen. Also, their away helmets are wrong.

These are just minor gripes though as I think it's probably the best mod of all-time. Amazing work, and thank you. However, I would also like to mention that Mike Minor is a lefty and not a righty. ;)

Does anyone else feel like it's too easy to hit in this mod? I have it on MVP difficulty with all of the help (pitch recognition, strike zone, etc.) off. Seems like it's a little easier to score a bunch of runs than the original game on those settings.

No.

Also, the Nationals stadium as some issues, such as the camera going out of the stadium and the relief pitchers warming up inside the outfield wall as opposed to the bullpen. Also, their away helmets are wrong.

That is because this new Nationals stadium has been remodeled and remade over an existing stadium provided by the game. The modders had to work with what they had and the same thing that you are talking about here has happened in other stadium mods because they can not be made 100% perfect if the stadium was not in the game originally.

You are, of course, encouraged to try your own hand into making this stadium.

These are just minor gripes though as I think it's probably the best mod of all-time. Amazing work, and thank you. However, I would also like to mention that Mike Minor is a lefty and not a righty. ;)

When this mod came out Kyleb kindly asked us to report any mistakes that we would find in the mod and if you look back in this thread you will see people have done that and in turn Kyleb has released two patches for the game. So I suggest if you want to fix it then go into MvpEdit and fix it (search the forums for instructions on where this mod is and how to use it) and do it yourself.

You know, I was just commenting on things I saw with the mod and even made the disclaimer that they were just minor gripes and praised the mod and all the work done dramatically. The explanations are appreciated but the snarky and defensive comments and tone need to go. Completely unnecessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help me with my minor problem, regarding the announcers.

First of all, this problem is 100% my fault, lol. I didn't follow the instructions and I didn't use a clean MVP install, as I can't find my original CD. I installed MVP12 over the modded MVP 08 I had. Luckily, everything works perfectly! Except one thing I don't know if it's possible to fix can fix.

Other than MVP 08, I had a Vin Scully announcing mod installed. What's happening now in my MVP 12 is that the game sounds like Frankenstein :lol: it has the MVP 12 voices saying the players', stadiums, whatever names and then it switches back to Scully commentary and so on. It's not a problem per se, but I must say it's kinda creepy. Very weird and distracting! Is there a way I can restore the commentary to what it's supposed to be? I'm guessing it's the original Kruk and Kuip? As MVP 12 didn't overwrote those Scully files.

Edited by Clemenx

There is nothing you can do unless you you can get the original audio files back, either from the MVP discs or from a clean installation somewhere else on your hard drive. If you don't have either of these, you'll have to get used to the audio the way it is or turn off the announcers in the audio settings.

• 4 weeks later...

Import file to MVPedit. Globally change hidden players to "no". Should show up. My guess is the guys on the All-Star teams are not showing up.

RT10 --- great first post --- welcome. Glad we could be of use.

Thanks.works for me.

• 3 months later...

Thanks to Kyleb and all the others. I am retired, living in Asia and get my baseball through MVP. When I saw MVP12 came out, I downloaded it and stopped playing the previous MVP08 season.

I hope you will continue this year with Roster updates and a schedule that has Houston in the AL. Thanks again.

Installed, and started a season. Played my first game, and it freezes after the game, when I try to sim the minor league game, to get past the day. Any ideas?

I'm going to kick your a$$ the next time you ask a question like that!!!

Ooopppps!! Is that you DJ? ;):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, I have no idea since I haven't played a minor league game yet. Now you are starting this game in administrator mode, right? That is needed when you run Mvp 05 in Vista or Windows 7 or 8.

I've been playing this mod over the last month or so and have to give you guys mad props and big thanks. It's such a great baseball experience. The sound mods are amazing and everything looks good graphically, too. It's unfortunate that game developers don't give modders more freedom to improve their games like EA did with MVP 05. Mods like this really show that potential.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, first I really appreciate all the work that you've done on modding and release this great conversion

I have a problem though in starting the game. I am able to run the game fine before installing the mod, but after installation the game keeps crashing just before loading any game. I read this thread and have tried to manually replace all the files in the folder, to no success. Is there anything else I can do in the situation? Should I download the MVP12 files again from the site?

I run Win 7 64bit, with Intel i7 and AMD HD7xxx series video card. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.