Yu Darvish Pitches Staying Red After Few Times They Have Been Thrown

mvp23

Does anyone have any idea why Yu Darvish`s pitches stay/become yellow and then red after 1st or 2nd inning, and they stay like that the entire time he is in game. Its not only one time, its every start he makes. After 1st or 2nd inning its impossible to pitch with him because opposing team gets hit after hit. I am using BSU-FAN`S NoFakeNames Roster v.3 but the issue was long before existent even with 2K`s official roster. I turned off dynamic player ratings to see if that would help but it does not. I went to ty`s editor and made Yu`s pitch tendencies lower so when you add all of them they are 100 but that did not help either (Fastball 43 tendency+ slurve 20+cutfb 4+ curve ball 12 +2seam 21=100). Any ideas?

Yu Darvish is not the only pitcher you will have this problem with. It is a problem made by 2k, there are a few pitchers who share Darvish's problem. I think Drew Smyly was another one. It seems that pitchers that were in the game at first with a fake name are affected.

Changing tendencies won't solve this problem. The only chance we have (at least the only method I found out) is to generate a new Darvish/Smyly/etc. and assign him his face number and portrait ID.

Perhaps we could make a list or something with players that have this problem and give it to BSU-Fan?

I will definitely look into this. I will probably have to change Davish and Smily to players that are currently in Free Agency since I have used up all of the create-a-player slots on this roster. However I'm still holding on to hope that 2K will actually release a patch for the PC...and that glitch will hopefully be one of the things fixed. If not I will just turn a couple old Retired players in FA into them by changing their attributes, ratings, and tendencies; and then change their portraits and face ID's to match what they are now...and wallah! Problem solved. If you play with the Rangers or Tigers regularly I would suggest doing this yourself in the meantime since I'm not planning on releasing another roster update for a while since this last one was so complete and accurate. Edited by BSU-FAN

I was just thinking of what you said about retired player and turning them into one of these glitchy players. It would be great if you did that for your next roster release. I ll play around to see what i can come up with...

What is the name limit? I mean how many characters/letters can be used?

Id be careful trying to create any players using Ty's editor. I know that the in game create-a-player slots are 100% full on my rosters so I would be cautious creating any additional players using Ty's editor...it may cause a crash or glitch later in your franchise or game. Just a suggestion.

In previous years of 2K it has been a problem so this year I have just avoided it and have yet to even test it. Plus with Ty's editor only being partially complete(meaning not fully compatible with 2k12) I have mostly avoided using his editor unless 100% necessary for things like portrait Id's and cyberface #'s.

Edited by BSU-FAN

Alright. So far my created yu darvish is working ok. The only thing is that despite his 89 overall rating he is still all the way on bottom of the pitchers list instead of on top. I did not play franchise with him yet...