Tradeing Deadline Roster And Portrait Pack

cool gun man 23

Just cause he threw a perfect game?? Felix Hernandez has been pitching like this for years, I am not quite sure what are you talking about? I mean, a guy this dominant, do not be fooled that he plays for the rather weak Mariners. He's a Cy-Young candidate EVERY year, so please, 89 is not enough. I know you agree about the rating, but this guy pretty much stands alone. Again, he's been doing this forever, has nothing to do with the perfect game (1st in Mariners history).

Nope, King Felix hasn't been pitching like this for years. No Idea how one can come to this opinion. This can be simply broken down to the stats. Of course he is a CY-Young candidate, but you also have to remember that in MLB 2k12 the OVR does not always tell how well you can do with a player in the game. E.g. there are some defensive studs which have a low OVR, that would play in real life, but don't get recognized from the AI in MLB 2k12 because they have no good offensive ratings, which means that he won't get a good OVR. On the other side there is the average to good offensive guy, which is a desaster on the defensive end. MLB 2k12 will give this guy a better OVR than the first mentioned defensive guy. And while in the reality the defensive guy could play and the offensive guy could sit, in MLB 2k12 the offensive guy will be played by the AI in 9 out of 10 cases.

Regarding pitchers you got to know that OVR is not everything, too. OVR is highly influenced by stamina and composure. TO test it out simply play a little bit around with it.

Regarding King Felix: he currently has a career high in K/9, a career low B/9, a career low HR/9, a career high LOB pct, a career low HR/FB and a career low FIP.

How can you say he has pitched like this for years?

He is having a career year my friend, do not always look only at the ERA.

Of course King Felix could have a higher OVR than 89, but you make a perfect example for the topic I talked about earlier.

There are more problems with ratings. How do you weigh in the performances from years ago? Should they preponderate, should they not?

We are not at the end of a season.

What do you do with players that are in a slump, what do you do with players that are on a hot streak? Likely the slumping player will be back to his normal performances some time in the future. Likely will the guy who has a hot streak come down to earth some time in the future.

Do you care about that, do you not care?

I agree with the assumption that some players are really off in 2k's rosters and that should be fixed. But often we talk about 3 OVR points here and 4 OVR points there. Does that really matter that much?

Just a heads up to everyone I just released a new version of my roster where i fixed many missed transactions throughout the minors. Still left the ratings the same so those of you that disagree with those can change them yourselves. I updated bating orders and pitching rotations as well for 8/23/12. Also fixed Manny Machado from "Muchado". Thanks to everyone that helped me find small things here and there. Now this roster should be very very accurate and very franchise ready.

Did you change Scott "Posednik" to his real name "PoDsednik", too? Found this yesterday or the day before yesterday, but forgot to mention it. Edited by wudl83

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, King Felix hasn't been pitching like this for years. No Idea how one can come to this opinion. This can be simply broken down to the stats. Of course he is a CY-Young candidate, but you also have to remember that in MLB 2k12 the OVR does not always tell how well you can do with a player in the game. E.g. there are some defensive studs which have a low OVR, that would play in real life, but don't get recognized from the AI in MLB 2k12 because they have no good offensive ratings, which means that he won't get a good OVR. On the other side there is the average to good offensive guy, which is a desaster on the defensive end. MLB 2k12 will give this guy a better OVR than the first mentioned defensive guy. And while in the reality the defensive guy could play and the offensive guy could sit, in MLB 2k12 the offensive guy will be played by the AI in 9 out of 10 cases.

Regarding pitchers you got to know that OVR is not everything, too. OVR is highly influenced by stamina and composure. TO test it out simply play a little bit around with it.

Regarding King Felix: he currently has a career high in K/9, a career low B/9, a career low HR/9, a career high LOB pct, a career low HR/FB and a career low FIP.

How can you say he has pitched like this for years?

He is having a career year my friend, do not always look only at the ERA.

Of course King Felix could have a higher OVR than 89, but you make a perfect example for the topic I talked about earlier.

There are more problems with ratings. How do you weigh in the performances from years ago? Should they preponderate, should they not?

We are not at the end of a season.

What do you do with players that are in a slump, what do you do with players that are on a hot streak? Likely the slumping player will be back to his normal performances some time in the future. Likely will the guy who has a hot streak come down to earth some time in the future.

Do you care about that, do you not care?

I agree with the assumption that some players are really off in 2k's rosters and that should be fixed. But often we talk about 3 OVR points here and 4 OVR points there. Does that really matter that much?

Did you change Scott "Posednik" to his real name "PoDsednik", too? Found this yesterday or the day before yesterday, but forgot to mention it.

Funny how personal likings of a player influence you here. For example, I don't like the Tigers, but to deny Verlander's amazing skills would be foolish. As far as Felix Hernandez goes, since 2009 the guy strikes out over 200 a season, pitches over 200 innings since 2008. That's years in my book, not a recent improvement!! His ERA playing for one of the worst offensive teams in recent years with virtually no run support is so low that, if he wouldn't have had the one season with an ERA of 4.52, his career ERA would be under 3.00!!! Verlander has a higher career ERA now and has a much better offense behind him. Hernandez already won the Cy-Young in 2010, and did so with less wins than anyone else. To say he's been impressive only recently is as ridiculous as the 89 rating he had...

Funny how personal likings of a player influence you here. For example, I don't like the Tigers, but to deny Verlander's amazing skills would be foolish. As far as Felix Hernandez goes, since 2009 the guy strikes out over 200 a season, pitches over 200 innings since 2008. That's years in my book, not a recent improvement!! His ERA playing for one of the worst offensive teams in recent years with virtually no run support is so low that, if he wouldn't have had the one season with an ERA of 4.52, his career ERA would be under 3.00!!! Verlander has a higher career ERA now and has a much better offense behind him. Hernandez already won the Cy-Young in 2010, and did so with less wins than anyone else. To say he's been impressive only recently is as ridiculous as the 89 rating he had...

Are you even able to read what I said? I will stop talking to you here cause you're simply biased as one can be and not me. I said: "Of course King Felix could have a higher OVR than 89, but you make a perfect example for the topic I talked about earlier." So where is your problem? Ah I know...you can't recognize that although he pitched very well in the past he has a career year anyway.So I will stop talking to you now, you simply DO NOT WANT to read what I wrote. Go into the game or use the editor, drive his OVR up and do not waste the time of other people.

I love these rosters, a very great job!!!

I did notice it seems Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen has the same pitching problems as Darvish did. His fastball seems to be ok, but all at least two of his other pitches seem to turn yellow after one pitch, and then red after two. I was going along great the first batter with the fastballs, but I got shelled the next 1.2 innings due to my pitches being picked up.

Just wanted to let you know!!! Again, great job!

Edited by GoldfishOfSaxon

• 4 months later...