Capturing Blu-Ray Screenshots?

Hey Homer,

Are you referring to the 2001 Justice League series or the Justice League Unlimited series that came out a few years later? I have Season 1 & 2 of the 2001 series on standard def DVD and I would be glad to send you screen shots of whatever you want if DVD quality is acceptable. My daughter was really into Wonder Woman a few years back and she loved watching that series...I thought the series was well written as well.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you might want to double check that. dvdfab hd decrypter should be free. it's all the other features it has that has a 30 day trial. this is what i see when i open mine.

but now that you got it to work, let me know if you ever rent the season 1 justice league cartoons. i want a screen from the opening credits :)

Yes, the HD Decrypter is free but when you use the other stuff in there -what I really need- then I have a 30 day trial.

surprised you've never heard of it. it's the best comic book cartoon adaptation ever. though the new young justice ones are really good too.

Yeah, me too. I like stuff like that. But now I see that Dennis has what you need and I said to myself is there nothing that man can not do? :)

Hey Homer,

Are you referring to the 2001 Justice League series or the Justice League Unlimited series that came out a few years later? I have Season 1 & 2 of the 2001 series on standard def DVD and I would be glad to send you screen shots of whatever you want if DVD quality is acceptable. My daughter was really into Wonder Woman a few years back and she loved watching that series...I thought the series was well written as well.

yeah the 2001 series. i'm looking for bluray quality though because i have one but it's not 1080 resolution. but yeah, still one of my all time favorite animated shows. funny thing about these shows is that they always end right when it gets really good.

Yes, the HD Decrypter is free but when you use the other stuff in there -what I really need- then I have a 30 day trial.

well i don't know then. it's always been free, and when i read the description of the HD Decrypter, it says it rips bluray for free. lets revisit this in Sept :)

yeah the 2001 series. i'm looking for bluray quality though because i have one but it's not 1080 resolution. but yeah, still one of my all time favorite animated shows. funny thing about these shows is that they always end right when it gets really good.

Hey Homer,

A friend on mine has Season 1 of Justice League on blu-ray and he ripped one of the episodes for me at 1080p so that I can capture particular screen shots for you in the intro. Can you specify the shot you are looking for in the timeframe or post a standard def screenshot of what you want?

Hey Homer,

A friend on mine has Season 1 of Justice League on blu-ray and he ripped one of the episodes for me at 1080p so that I can capture particular screen shots for you in the intro. Can you specify the shot you are looking for in the timeframe or post a standard def screenshot of what you want?

Dennis, can you tell me again how you are going about getting screen grabs from blu-rays?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

great shots Y4L! But I've got to admit that I literally laughed out loud while looking at your latest set.

Here we are looking at brilliant HD aerial shots of the island with crystal clear blue skies. And then stuffed in between these, I scroll down a bit and I see a crystal blue sky with a sea turtle flying through the air. Had I scrolled one more click I'd have seen it was a sea turtle in the ocean but because I didn't scroll far enough, it was merely a flying turtle.

Made me laugh pretty hard here in the office. Other people thought the same thing when I showed them.

Carry on!

great shots Y4L! But I've got to admit that I literally laughed out loud while looking at your latest set.

Here we are looking at brilliant HD aerial shots of the island with crystal clear blue skies. And then stuffed in between these, I scroll down a bit and I see a crystal blue sky with a sea turtle flying through the air. Had I scrolled one more click I'd have seen it was a sea turtle in the ocean but because I didn't scroll far enough, it was merely a flying turtle.

Made me laugh pretty hard here in the office. Other people thought the same thing when I showed them.

Carry on!

I see what you mean! Hahahahhaa. I would have thought the same thing if I didn't post it myself. Here's a few more for you.

alaheo54.jpg

kaho55.jpg

haalele18.jpg

haalele19.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Thought I'd come back in here and give an update for all those who helped me with this. As you can see with the previous posts there is a very simple way you can capture blu-ray shots onto your hard drive without going through a lot of steps.

There are a few programs out there that will play blu-ray disks and at while you are watching them you can save images. So far I know of three of them.

1. 4 Videosoft Blu-Ray Player.

2. Aiseesoft Blu-Ray Player.

3. Aurora Blu-Ray Media Player.

I have tried all of them out and they are pretty similar and the good part is that all three software programs didn't cost me one cent. Every day I check out a website called Giveaway of the Day and when I see something that catches my eye I grab it. That's how I got these programs and how I tried out different blu-ray rippers. All for free and the only thing you have to do is download and install the program on the day it is offered for it to work. Check it out. You never know what you might like.

Oahu06.jpg

Oahu07.jpg

Lapa53.jpg

Maemee33.jpg

Maemee35.jpg

I have tried all of them out and they are pretty similar and the good part is that all three software programs didn't cost me one cent. Every day I check out a website called Giveaway of the Day and when I see something that catches my eye I grab it. That's how I got these programs and how I tried out different blu-ray rippers. All for free and the only thing you have to do is download and install the program on the day it is offered for it to work. Check it out. You never know what you might like.

This may sound like splitting hairs, but can you just download them or do you need to install them at that time too?

This may sound like splitting hairs, but can you just download them or do you need to install them at that time too?

Well when they are offered for free on this site you have 24 hours to install it on your system. So you can't download them and install them a few days later for example.

Take today's giveaway of the day. You got all day to download it and install it but if you don't install it before this timeline is up you won't have this software for free.

81p7.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it's funny looking back at this topic. i didn't realize we started this a year ago. so since last september passed by, did dvd hd decryptor ever lapse on you? mine still says it's free.

I don't use it anymore. I bought the license for ripping blu-rays but that license only lasts for a year and it was expensive to renew. On that same website I got free blu-ray ripping programs so I'm all set.

• 2 weeks later...

*first post*

if you're going to use the print screen, turn off hardware acceleration ..... but does that version of powerDVD have a screenshot button though?

PowerDVD has a screenshot button in all of their versions but the problem is it will only work when you have a DVD in the drive and it will be disabled when you are playing a blu-ray disk. The company does this intentionally and this is why I do not use PowerDVD for anything. I use other programs to get screenshots and they work just fine.

Welcome to the website by the way. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived