Capturing Blu-Ray Screenshots?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, you save me so much time by doing these Y4L. I have all the blu-rays but I never seem to have the time to screen-cap all the shots that I want to. I usually get caught up in re-watching episodes or parts of episodes over and over. LOL! Thank you once again.

I love grabbing these Dennis. The last one I posted with the sunset is going to make a very nice desktop photo for me.

Now let me ask you this: how do you go about getting your blu-ray screen captures?

Hey Y4L,

Yeah, for the most part I use this software called AnyDVD HD which acts as blu-ray player (obviously for a PC with a physical blu-ray drive) but it adds a boatload of feature including a screen capture feature where you save them into almost any format (jpeg, bmp, png, etc.). It's a bit pricey but I've found that it really works well, so it was worth it to me.

I have to say though, I am really weird with Hawaii Five O however; with each season's blu-rays...I actually rip each episode into MP4s (for a much more manageable size) and store them on an external HD. From there I can drop episodes I may want to watch mobily (if that's a word) onto my Android tablets or my phone. Yeah, I know I'm a nerd. LOL!

Hey Y4L,

Yeah, for the most part I use this software called AnyDVD HD which acts as blu-ray player (obviously for a PC with a physical blu-ray drive) but it adds a boatload of feature including a screen capture feature where you save them into almost any format (jpeg, bmp, png, etc.). It's a bit pricey but I've found that it really works well, so it was worth it to me.

I checked that out and that software looks good. The only thing I do not like about companies like that is that they charge you different prices for how many years you buy it for. One year alone was $63 and for a lifetime subscription it was $119. Like you said, a bit pricey. But as long as this does the job for you that is all that matters.

I have to say though, I am really weird with Hawaii Five O however; with each season's blu-rays...I actually rip each episode into MP4s (for a much more manageable size) and store them on an external HD. From there I can drop episodes I may want to watch mobily (if that's a word) onto my Android tablets or my phone. Yeah, I know I'm a nerd. LOL!

I don't think this is odd at all and if I had that stuff I would probably do the same. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Awesome screenshots Y4L and one of my most favorite movies of all time.  Being a student and huge fan of film noir, the basic explanation for all the darkness and rain is because Bladerunner is a post-apocalyptic/futuristic brand of Film Noir.  The classic element or darkness and unusual lighting plus persistent rain (or any kind of crappy weather, like a heat wave for example) would create a sense of tension, uneasiness, and a sense or foreboding danger.  Combine those visual elements with dark or brooding music in the soundtrack and the viewer of the film has an almost constant feeling of suspense.  A good example, are the Otto Preminger films of the 1940s and 1950s as great choices that illustrate these features...I would highly recommend many of his films.  Even though I love the many version of Bladerunner released on dvd/bluray, I personally prefer the actual Theatrical Release which has Harrison Ford's character narrating throughout the film.  That captured the genre perfectly  and I found that the Director's Cut eliminated the narration entirely. 

Archived