What Will Baseup! Rosters ~ Phase 6 Hold?

Gordo

BaseUp! Rosters ~ Phase 6 will place an emphasis on the main contributors to their particular team, and if traded, to the league in general. Typically, MLB teams hold 13 fielders and 12 pitchers per team. I will therefore include on the final 25 man rosters those who have given the largest bulk of time and/or had the largest impact. But I won't cap it at 25. 18 fielders and 16 pitchers / team will be given special emphasis.

Batting contact and power tweaking will occur once again for those who seem to warrant changes up or down. More attention will be given to pitchers' control in order to better reflect their true-life counterparts.

Once that is completed, a playoff set with announced actual rosters will be made available as well.

This time do not forget Jose Quintana .......... Humber is horrible, he is now LR ............Regards. You are the best rostermaker.........

He's not in my most recent? Pitch depth order will be based on how baseball-reference.com has them ranked. So, for example, if the season ended today, Quintana would be #4, Humber #5 and Danks the LR. http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2012.shtml

But since starters and LR's have real life stamina (based on dylan's calculator, rated from the past several years), people will have 6 starters to mix and match in however they want to change the rosters around.

Thanks for the kind words.

I think Humber is no longer a starter. WS now have 5 starters. Peavy, Sale, Floyd, Quintana and Liriano .......

Humber will replace the position with Zach Stewart .........

Right.... we'll see how it plays out. Again, variety will be available, though, of course, some will have to be placed at the AAA level. The difficult ones on any team will be guys like Liriano who were impactful throughout the year, but traded. Pitching slots 1-5 will not necessarily be reflective of current 1-5, only that these will be 5 of the multiple starters available for people to do with them that they wish. I'll be using MLBdepthcharts and baseball-reference to guide me.

Right.... we'll see how it plays out. Again, variety will be available, though, of course, some will have to be placed at the AAA level. The difficult ones on any team will be guys like Liriano who were impactful throughout the year, but traded. Pitching slots 1-5 will not necessarily be reflective of current 1-5, only that these will be 5 of the multiple starters available for people to do with them that they wish. I'll be using MLBdepthcharts and baseball-reference to guide me.

I understand my friend, I just have a feeling that the kid be a star .....

Well, that can be said for a lot of players. I can't tell you the number of prospect players I've created in the last 2 years, only to see them fade away. I have to use some type of criteria and then you'll be able to switch around whomever you want. By the shear number of games, I do see Stewart and Ohman getting slots for the CWS.

Dafly please include Roberto Hernandez AKA Fausto Carmona

Got any other names for him, because I don't see him having one minute in the major leagues this year.

Aaron Loup of the Blue Jays I hope : )

Pretty good possibility considering the number of games he's played.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to begin finalization of this this weekend and have begun with final omissions due to season ending injuries combined with lack of playing time. In other words, those who have only developed recent season ending injuries, but have been a main player for a significant part of the year (e.g., Todd Helton in Colorado) will be on the final roster. Attached here are the 66 who will not be in the roster version. However, .mep's will be made available to add them back in via MVPedit if you so choose. Also, in case anyone was wondering, Melky Cabrera will be included since he played 110+ games. What you do with him is up to you.

Next task is to start picking and choosing pitchers and putting them in their slots according to baseball-reference ranking.

2012 MLB Roster Player Injury List.doc

• 3 weeks later...

Coming down the home stretch with this. Lots of pitchers' control upgrades for those that seemed to warrant it. Also, pitchers needing to be up on the MLB level given more accuracy in stamina, pitch types and speed. Occasional longer standing starters tweaked as I find them (e.g., Kershaw). Seemed to have an effect on team ratings overall. For example, Nationals are now ranked 3rd in pitching.

Last phase is now about going through rosters to correct and exceedingly low or high batting ratings that don't warrant them being at those levels. Also, need to double check any player additions so that you can include them where you see fit. Also, as indicated above, injured players .mep's will be available for your re-insertion if that's what you also want.

Should be another day or so. This will end up being the last roster installment of the season (barring any needs for a certain tweak).