Sliders - Mvp Level

Gordo

I recently started tinkering with MVP level sliders and I think I'm close to what I'm after. I'm interested in the continued variety of hits / outs and in-game stats, being rewarded for good pitching and selective hitting and being punished for making stupid decisions and serving up meatballs.

I'm presently using classic pitching with the modified batting view I've referenced before (WS '98 type view) and it is not easy to hit. But.... I have been able to crank two out...one with John Mayberry in Miami to dead CF (so you know it was a shot) and more recently in a PHI/NYY ~ Halladay / Sabathia matchup that had a very unlikely ending. I've attached that game box. Earlier, I had Worley pitching against Cecil and gave up four solo shots. Cecil went the distance as well. I couldn't believe that he didn't get pulled as he was in the 120+ pitch range when it was all over.

Back to this most recent game between PHI / NYY. It was quite a duel. Only 10 hits between the two teams when it was said and done, but there were some fist pumping moments. The Yanks struck first in the 4th, previously, early Utley and Mayberry singles in separate innings were undone by CC picking each guy off 1st when they each took unwise leads. In the 4th, A-Rod singles and stole 2nd. Cano grounded to Ryan Howard who attempted getting A-Rod trying to take 3rd and threw wide of the bag, allowing him to score and Cano to move up to 2nd. However, Halladay minimized the damage by striking out Swisher and Martin, while pitching around Ichiro.

With one away in the bottom of the 5th, Ruiz waited on a back door slider and deposited it down the left field line inside the foul pole.

Sabathia and Halladay exchanged innings, though the Yankees proved to be more patient with Halladay pushed to 124 pitches by the end of the 8th.

In the 9th, Jeremy Horst was called in primarily to face the lefty Ichiro as the second batter, but had to get by Nick Swisher. He got Swisher to ground out and Ichiro to fly out. He was allowed to stay in and pitched around Russell Martin with Sabathia due up. CC was left in to bat as he was just under 100 pitches by that point and it appeared he would go out for the 9th. On a 2-2 count, the unthinkable happened. Horst tried to ring up Sabathia on a backdoor slider and put it in the only place where CC could do some damage. The Yanks pitcher smacked a two run shot over the right field wall, exposing the poor Phillies bullpen once again. Curiously, the Yankees decided to bring in their closer Rafael Soriano, but by making short work only needing 9 pitches, it was easy to see why.

So these are the types of games I'm looking for, but I also want to see weaker pitchers getting hammered both ways at times as well. A few more games and I'll post my MVP sliders and gameplay conditions.

PHI21.zip

Pitched a gem with Lee vs. a heavy R handed Angels lineup. No extra base hits either way, as the only thing I scored on was a SF with Rollins on 3rd and Trout making a diving play in CF. (Strangely the lineup had him in LF and Trumbo in CF to start the game, but I caught it about mid-way and switched it). The thing I didn't like is that Trumbo got on with 2 outs in the 9th and the team didn't sub Bourjous for him to PR. I tend to help the cpu team out in such situations when it's pretty obvious what's needed. Plus Rollins reached on a single, not an error by Callaspo. It was pretty clear. Pitch counts in this got just over 100 / team.

I'm going to up the CPU contact a bit and lower the control for Human pitch slightly too.

PHI27.zip

• 1 month later...

Have you fianlized your Sliders yet? Would love to see them : )

I haven't seen them yet but feel free to check out others while you wait for daflyboys.

Try these out because they give great results.

1. JoeRudi26's Pro level Sliders and Datafile.

2. Jim825's Combo Datafile, version 5.0.

3. Kumala's datafile, the final version. This was released in 2007 but still does a great job.

4. KSM's Datafile 2007 version 4.7.

These are just four suggestions of some of the top datafiles out there. Check out the download area, there's nine pages of them to look at. And to anticipate your question of which one of these is the best datafile I can only say you have to find that out for yourself and see the one you like best.

Why did I do this for you? Because you just became a contributor here and helped out Trues. That goes far around here.

They're in the miscellaneous section with detailed instructions. All you had to do was go to my any of my roster download and click on the "view other files by this member" or go into my profile section. Plus they were in the new uploads list for a time.

They're in the miscellaneous section with detailed instructions. All you had to do was go to my any of my roster download and click on the "view other files by this member" or go into my profile section. Plus they were in the new uploads list for a time.

Ya, I found them earlier...curious though...the BaseUp Phase 6 Ver. 3.1 Rosters Instructions say to turn off Injuries & Suspension to prevent crashes, but in your sliders you have injury settings.

Am I missing something here or does it matter if I leave Injuries on?

I haven't seen them yet but feel free to check out others while you wait for daflyboys.

Try these out because they give great results.

1. JoeRudi26's Pro level Sliders and Datafile.

2. Jim825's Combo Datafile, version 5.0.

3. Kumala's datafile, the final version. This was released in 2007 but still does a great job.

4. KSM's Datafile 2007 version 4.7.

These are just four suggestions of some of the top datafiles out there. Check out the download area, there's nine pages of them to look at. And to anticipate your question of which one of these is the best datafile I can only say you have to find that out for yourself and see the one you like best.

Why did I do this for you? Because you just became a contributor here and helped out Trues. That goes far around here.

I have tried them all actually, I tend to go back to Jim825's Datafile & recently have been using BaseUp Phase 5 Rosters...downloaded Phase 6 today.

Thanks for your help anyway : )