MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

MVPedit 2005.4

Release notes:

With the ability to edit career year by year stats in this version, a few changes had to be made that will cause some compatibility issues. These are the steps you must take in order to migrate to 2005.4. READ THESE CAREFULLY.

!!! RELEASE NOTES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Include hist.dat in all future releases of your roster.

2) Before you upgrade to MVPedit 2005.4, export your MBE file to a DAT file and copy the default version of these three files into the export directory: hist.dat, org.dat and team.dat. Then, upgrade to MVPedit 2005.4, and reimport the DAT files.

3) Old MET files and MEP files will no longer work with this version. You will need to import any you have, upgrade, and then re-export them.

!!! RELEASE NOTES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what has been fixed:

Ability to edit career year by year stats added.

Pretty obvious, going by the release notes above. You can modify stats by year for players, including adding years, removing years, and changing stats. You can also calculate the career stats based off of the sum of the year by year stats.

Lahman import of career year by year stats.

The Lahman import will now also bring in the career year by year stats for all the players. For those of that have already used the Lahman import and just want the stats for a specific player, there is a "Lahman" button on the stats screen that will bring in the stats for that player. Note that you only have to use it once per player - it will bring in both the hitting stats and the pitching stats. The list of players to import from is very large (think every player that has ever played), so the stat import "guesses" at which player you want to import before you actually do so.

Thanks to krawhitham and Micropterus58.

Fixed ordering of teams (dual all-star bug?).

I am now ordering the teams based off of their order in the default DAT files (hence the copy in the release notes). I think this fixes a few issues that people had last year, one of them being copies of players getting votes for the all-star game. But I'm not sure.

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD READ THE RELEASE NOTES.

http://www.glass4.com/MVPedit/

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD READ THE RELEASE NOTES.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job again. Thank you!!!

I am having an issue adding player photos. I tried to add one for Heath Bell of the Mets. I am doing it the same way as I did last year (through the editor). I am adding the pic, using blank 8 as the transparency, and loading the file into the game. But as soon as I go to Heath Bell, the game crashes back to the desktop. Are the photos in a new format this year?

Thanks again for all of your great work.

Was getting that too Boulet. You need to Double click database.

Sorry Im a newbie, and Im a little confused. What are we exactly supposed to use this for and how?

You can import and edit the rosters/players as you see fit, and export them back into the game so they'll be your "default" rosters/

tried editing red sox 1bman to kevin millar and noticed face is 915 though when trying to change i get an error that it needs to be between 1-505. so, changed to 2 and tried to edit player in game. it's just the blank black profile (no photo), which is fine but whenever i go to play a mini game/exhibition/what have you, the game crashes to desktop.

Great job again. Thank you!!!

I am having an issue adding player photos. I tried to add one for Heath Bell of the Mets. I am doing it the same way as I did last year (through the editor). I am adding the pic, using blank 8 as the transparency, and loading the file into the game. But as soon as I go to Heath Bell, the game crashes back to the desktop. Are the photos in a new format this year?

Thanks again for all of your great work.

figured it out, might not help you though

last season the fsh files inside the big files were not compress, this year they are

I imported a photo using MVPedit, when I looked at that player (#0475) the game crashed

I then opened the portraits.big file and pulled the fsh file out that MVPedit made

I compressed that fsh files using eazip (eazip -c 0475.fsh)

I then put the FSH file back in the portraits.big files using EA Graphics Editor

loaded the game and the portrait worked

tried editing red sox 1bman to kevin millar and noticed face is 915 though when trying to change i get an error that it needs to be between 1-505. so, changed to 2 and tried to edit player in game. it's just the blank black profile (no photo), which is fine but whenever i go to play a mini game/exhibition/what have you, the game crashes to desktop.

Face #2 (c002) does not exist, that was Bonds face last year they removed it from the models.big file

the # need to be 1-505 and the fsh, orl, & ord files need to be in the models.big file for that #

Face #2 (c002) does not exist, that was Bonds face last year they removed it from the models.big file

the # need to be 1-505 and the fsh, orl, & ord files need to be in the models.big file for that #

so what are the numbers for the generic EA created faces? do they correspond to how they are available in the create/edit submenu, like light skinned face thru dark skinned face? is there more research that still needs to be done?

krawhitham,

Do you know of any easy on-line tutorials for EAZip. I can't figure out how to work it. I know my way around Windows very well, but when it comes to command prompts I am lost.

Thanks

eazip -c FILENAME compresses the file

eazip -u FILENAME decompresses the file

that is about it

you can use wildcards if you want

eazip -c *.fsh

will compress all files ending in FSH in that directory

Archived