MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work Rglass and thank you!

One thing i noticed is that there are old players on the free agent list from the default mbe file i imported from data/database such as Catfish Hunter, Rick Ferrell, Billy Williams etc. (i think 11 old time players on the F.A. list).

Yep, that's where the game puts those guys.

Get your default DAT files off the CD and replace the ones you changed. Like I said, this hasn't been heavily tested yet.

Sorry I'm such a newbie and obviously not good at this. But, which files do I take out of the database folder before I out in my mbe folder? Or maybe I have it screwed up. Help

First let me say thanks to all who Mod and make their hard work available to all of us who long for the perfect game.... :wink:

...I am a great fan of this site and used some mods in last years version...(Glass-Profile-The real baseball system-Camera angles-overlays..ect)

I hope this will be available this year....My problem is this...

I could not figure out last year how in the heck to work Glass's Edit Program. What I did last year instead of using the Glass's editing

system which is probably easier was I used MVP's edit and create program to do all my work.

I edit over 400 players....( got about 5 ol boys here who love playing against our High School rivals, so I create our old divison)

But this year the editing in MVP looks worse than last year..the faces are generic to say the least...so I need to find out how to work GLass's Edit program. It looks like I can edit a exsisting player and put my boys name on his picture..right? Then just edit his stats attributes...and so on...

I am leaving my e-mail here below...I am asking for someone to give me or send me step by step directions for the Editor....I also would like information on how to make a donation, wether it be to this site or Glass himself ...

Hope you all understand this will save me lots of work if I can get the editor to run. goumann2@comcast.net

daltonjones,

MVPEdit is the way to go my friend. Look at Robert's website www.glass4.com/mvpedit and I think there are very detailed step by step instructions there. I think there are also some withing the directory of MVPEdit itself. It is way to functionality rich an editor for someone to just tell you how to use it. My email is stecropper @ aol dot com if you care to ask specific questions regarding MVPEdit which I would be more than happy to attempt to help with. However, the instructions really are available and well written with examples.

daltonjones,

MVPEdit is the way to go my friend. Look at Robert's website www.glass4.com/mvpedit and I think there are very detailed step by step instructions there. I think there are also some withing the directory of MVPEdit itself. It is way to functionality rich an editor for someone to just tell you how to use it. My email is stecropper @ aol dot com if you care to ask specific questions regarding MVPEdit which I would be more than happy to attempt to help with. However, the instructions really are available and well written with examples.

Great to see the new MVPedit so soon. One question. My MVPedit doesn't show the player pictures. For a couple seconds it's looking for picture and then the message saying "No Picture Found" shows up. This didn't happen back in the 2004 version. Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance.

No1CubFan,

For "Faces", and I assume "Portraits" as well, you need to go to the Tools/Options tabs and select the "data" directory and not the "database" directory --- then hit OK.

For Exporting the .mbe file to MVP is when you use the "database" directory and not the "data" directory. This is different than 2004 was.

No1CubFan,

For "Faces", and I assume "Portraits" as well, you need to go to the Tools/Options tabs and select the "data" directory and not the "database" directory --- then hit OK.

For Exporting the .mbe file to MVP is when you use the "database" directory and not the "data" directory. This is different than 2004 was.

Hey Stecropper, I tried exactly that, but still no faces anywhere. First I hit IMPORT, named it 2005 Roster, got the .mbe file, changed it under TOOLS/OPTIONS back to DATA, and STILL no faces :-(...HELP PLEASE.

Other than that, thanks Mr. Glass, always nice to be able to count on your fast work!

endeavor,

I assume you also checked both boxes for Portraits and Faces - Right ? If so, then I am at a lost. Tell me what Face number do you have for Lance Berkman ? Do you have that new little box "04" Yes or No to the left of it ? Also, make certain you are pointing to MVP 2005 data directory and not the 2004 one.

they appeared as player A when i used the conversion method for a 2004 file because the original file doesn't have single A teams so additional players were added to fill the single A roster. if you look at the default 2005 dat in mvp edit, the single players have fake names like joe smith etc. check the readme on the convertsion exe file that rglass created.

Archived