MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

Thank you so much Robert!

I just tried it now and its great. Helps us change a few of the players with big heads and slim bodies like Jason Phillips of the Mets. He looked more like a Bobblehead than a real player.

One question, if we would like to keep on editing MVP 2004, do you recommend we download the full MVP2005 version rather than the patch? Or will this program be able to edit MVP2004 as well?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

endeavor,

I assume you also checked both boxes for Portraits and Faces - Right ? If so, then I am at a lost. Tell me what Face number do you have for Lance Berkman ? Do you have that new little box "04" Yes or No to the left of it ? Also, make certain you are pointing to MVP 2005 data directory and not the 2004 one.

Under "Appearance" I do have the little "04" face thing, and it is set to "no", however I am in the right 2005 directory...tried to set it to "yes", but nothing, maybe I did something wrong to begin with, after all? Berkmann's face # is 45.

MVPedit 2005.2

Here's what has been fixed:

Show 22 man roster limit for Single A teams.

Single A teams are limited to 22 players players, just like the other minor league teams. To answer krawhitham's earlier question, I can't remove the export limits from each team as it corrupts the roster in MVP Baseball. Each MLB team *must* have 25 players, and each minor league team *must* have 22 players, or the game goes nuts.

Thanks to krawhitham.

Removed limit on face numbers.

There's no limit on what numbers you can use for faces now. It's a bit dangerous and I'll probably have to throw in some sort of limit later (like, no negative numbers), but I just removed the limit for this release.

Don't throw an error if the DAT files aren't found in the directory.

Pretty simple - had a couple of people find this out the hard way when they didn't click on the 'database' directory.

Made some tweaks to the Lahman import.

The "Cropper" sent me a list of about 20 tweaks for the Lahman import this morning. If anyone is *really* interested in what has changed, you can ask him.

Thanks to stecropper.

Show recommended trajectories for pitch types and constrict on Lahman import.

For each pitch type, there are certain trajectories for it. I'm still allowing people to pick any trajectory for the pitch type - the ones that aren't recommended will have a star by them. I'm not sure what happens if you match up a pitch type with a trajectory that isn't recommended - probably the same thing last year (a crappy pitch).

Thanks to poonani.

Fixed bug on Find function when searching on non-attribute fields.

Something I found while trying to play around with the trajectories. Oops.

Made changes to allow for editing of photos and faces.

krawhitham pointed out that the fsh files in the portrait.big file are compressed this year. And the faces have a different dimension this year. So now you can add pictures and faces through MVPedit, as I have fixed it. THERE IS STILL AN ISSUE HERE, AND I NEED HELP WITH IT. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use gfxpak to add a NEW .ord and .orl file for the faces. I can do it in EA Graph fine, but when I use gfxpak, the game crashes. Basically I need to get that default.ord and default.orl into the models.big file somehow. So if anyone has any ideas, let me know. Until then, don't try to create a brand new face using those files, as it will fail.

Thanks to krawhitham.

Corrected manager.dat export so it won't crash in owner mode.

Had about a million people complain about this, it's fixed now and the game should no longer crash in owner mode. For those of you that already did roster updates, just reexport your MBE file.

Here is a picture I made by goofing off in MVPedit:

rainbow.jpg

Download from the link below:

http://www.glass4.com/MVPedit/

MVPedit 2005.2

Here's what has been fixed:

Show 22 man roster limit for Single A teams.

Single A teams are limited to 22 players players, just like the other minor league teams. To answer krawhitham's earlier question, I can't remove the export limits from each team as it corrupts the roster in MVP Baseball. Each MLB team *must* have 25 players, and each minor league team *must* have 22 players, or the game goes nuts.

Thanks to krawhitham.

Umm

Last season any way, Kerm released a roster with 25 main teams across the board. That gave be the idea and I made a roster based off total classics that had 25 man teams for all teams. they both seem to work fine

"Each MLB team *must* have 25 players, and each minor league team *must* have 22 players, or the game goes nuts."

maybe not AAA has 25 man teams this season

MVPedit 2005.2

Made changes to allow for editing of photos and faces.

krawhitham pointed out that the fsh files in the portrait.big file are compressed this year. And the faces have a different dimension this year. So now you can add pictures and faces through MVPedit, as I have fixed it. THERE IS STILL AN ISSUE HERE, AND I NEED HELP WITH IT. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use gfxpak to add a NEW .ord and .orl file for the faces. I can do it in EA Graph fine, but when I use gfxpak, the game crashes. Basically I need to get that default.ord and default.orl into the models.big file somehow. So if anyone has any ideas, let me know. Until then, don't try to create a brand new face using those files, as it will fail.

Thanks to krawhitham.

here is what I did and the game did not crash

here is the command line I used

GFXPAK -p -real models.big c002.fsh c002.ord c002.orl

here is the GFXPAK I used

http://mvplanet.com/gfxpak.rar

I do not know if it is newer or older than the one with MVPedit but it is a different size

one side note all three files were already compress by eazip before I inserted them in the models files using GFXPAK

Umm

Last season any way, Kerm released a roster with 25 main teams across the board. That gave be the idea and I made a roster based off total classics that had 25 man teams for all teams. they both seem to work fine

"Each MLB team *must* have 25 players, and each minor league team *must* have 22 players, or the game goes nuts."

maybe not AAA has 25 man teams this season

Alright, I'll take another look at it.

After I edit a player that has an exsisting pic (there are two pics a Potriat and a Pic..? I guess) either way it is crashing to the desktop...I have read these forums and I don't what people are saying as to how to fix problem...

What is EAZIP..and how do I get it???

Something about compressing a file with "EAZIP"...is EAZIP a program I have to download?

I have a big problem..maybe someone can help....My editing process is F'd up.

Game crashes to desktop when I pull up edited player within game in Managers Roster screen.

Now..I have read the threads and I can't do file things with dos and such...and I don't know what EAZIP is! Someone said use EAZIP and do this and that to a fish file???

I have treid through MVP Editor to blow away my corrupted MVP EDITOR file for wich I am saving the new edited players...but when I delete the file..and I try and start fresh the edited player who crashes my game is still there ....

I guess I am saying how do I get my roster back to the original using MVP EDIT...the Roster before I started editing..or do I have to install MVP game all over again?

I have given up on trying to use this program...I never did well in ALgebra!

To be honest, this is all I'm doing. Importing the original data from MVP05, going to the boston red sox, rename the guy to kevin millar and change his skin tone to 2 and face to 902, change his number to 15. Export, and then i start a new owner mode. and save and it crashes to the desktop. but it is the manager.dat because i replaced that file with the original file after i exported and it worked fine.

MVPedit 2005.2

Show recommended trajectories for pitch types and constrict on Lahman import.

For each pitch type, there are certain trajectories for it. I'm still allowing people to pick any trajectory for the pitch type - the ones that aren't recommended will have a star by them. I'm not sure what happens if you match up a pitch type with a trajectory that isn't recommended - probably the same thing last year (a crappy pitch).

Thanks to poonani.

Wow you did a great job with this one. Well done

To be honest, this is all I'm doing. Importing the original data from MVP05, going to the boston red sox, rename the guy to kevin millar and change his skin tone to 2 and face to 902, change his number to 15. Export, and then i start a new owner mode. and save and it crashes to the desktop. but it is the manager.dat because i replaced that file with the original file after i exported and it worked fine.

Try this then:

1) Open manager.dat up. Make sure the "Default" manager is at the top. "A Manager" should be the last manager listed. If they aren't, fix them.

2) Reimport into MVPedit.

3) Reexport.

Archived