wudl83

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I am busy like hell for the next few weeks and don't know if I am able to finish my project. I stated it multiple times: one franchise takes 4-6 hours of work, I do not have this time right now.

When there still is interest in the roster your only chance would be that you wait until next year. The other option would be that somebody came over and would like to help me. I would give you all the instructions you needed and send you the regarding files. If there are some volunteers we could make the roster complete within a much shorter time window depending on how many people we would get together.

If there isn't enough interest I simply scrap it.

Maybe I should setup some rules first before we start working?

AFAIK you can copy paste with REditor?

So perhaps I should try to make the rosters up to date, post the version over to you. Then you start working on this roster, doing NO transactions but only rating edits and send the roster back to me when you are finished. After that I copy over your edits into OUR GLOBAL file?

Would that be okay for you? I got some time this weekend, so I could start today.

To make it easy I would say we assign the upcoming FAs to their latest teams.

Regarding minor leaguers: I did them all based on scouting reports. If you want anything like a guide...that's difficult. Perhaps the simplest way would be to look at the AAA/AA/A teams of the AL East and compare the ratings of them?

• 2 weeks later...

Wudl, this this cool! I was thinking about doing something similar, then I saw that someone already started it. If you still need help, I could take some pain off your shoulders. I'll be willing to do anything.

But, I wanted to suggest something (that maybe I'll just worry about doing)

I understand how you are completely focused on players, but I think we should edit the Coaching Staff's ratings also. I could just take care of that if you wanted, but I would need some ideas for the equations. I just wanted to add Mike Redmond and Walt Weiss to the game, and change the ratings for some of the Tigers and Blue Jays coaches (Jim Leyland is cool, but (no offense) he's not that good).

If you think it should be worked on, and if you're cool with it, I'll take care of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a 2013 roster file current with every major and minor transaction as of today including salary info.. I used BSU-FANs last roster update for the 2012 season, so credit to him for his amazing rosters. Perhaps those individuals doing a roster project or a 2013 total conversion project can make use of this. :good:

Offseason Rosters for 2013.rar

Here is a 2013 roster file current with every major and minor transaction as of today including salary info.. I used BSU-FANs last roster update for the 2012 season, so credit to him for his amazing rosters. Perhaps those individuals doing a roster project or a 2013 total conversion project can make use of this. :good:

I think there is something wrong with your rosters whenever I try to load them I get booted out of the game.

My bad. Should have stated that this roster is a work in progress, hence why it the game won't load properly. Nearly all of the minor league teams are still incomplete because there are so many FA signings yet to come this offseason. But I included 2013 projected Opening Day rosters for every team as posted on mlbdepthcharts.com, as well as every transaction and salary info as of 12/22/2012. Still, my file could be a resource for anybody that plans on making 2013 rosters and/or a total conversion project.

I hope I can provide you with an update!

I have taken on the work again.

Played a game yesterday. Blue Jays vs. Angels. Holy sh.t. This Angels lineup is a nightmare. Trout, Pujols, Hamilton, Trumbo. Too many guys to pitch around them. :D

I really appreciate all of the work you've done. Just wondering, how many of the teams have you completed updating so far? Also, will this remove fake players from the minor leagues? If so, will minor leaguers have realistic ratings as well?

I am not at home right now so I can't tell exactly how many teams I have done, but I think the AL East is mostly finished including MLB, AAA, AA, A affiliates. Besides from that I picked some random teams without a concrete schedule.

Minor leaguers have accurate ratings as far as I was able to assign so far.

I can not use a excel sheet which gives me the ratings like I have for the MLB players. That's the only problem. And that's why the ratings are mostly kinda guessing.

For mlb players it works this way:

I have made a query with certain stats at fangraphs.com. The results can be extracted. E.g. into Excel. In Excel I simply copy those stats into a premade table where I have some formulas running and then I immediately get the ratings for every ability. Then I can put those numbers into the game. Takes about 2-3 minutes per player I think.

The problem is that for minor leaguers there is no such option available like the one for MLB players at fangraphs.com. I would have to copy every single number out of the regarding player site at baseball-reference.com and then put it into Excel. That is way too much work. It would be never ending. And after that you still had to find a way to rate things differently because AAA is different than A and so on.