New Roster Project Planned: I Need Your Help! First: Ratings

wudl83

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't been working on the schedule by now and don't know of someone who would be doing it either.

This is so much work.

There are always so many guys that say "oooh I am gonna make a complete roster update including rating changes, transactions, schedule, etc." and then they realize how much work it is and then quit at some point and you will never hear from the again lol.

Very easy in that game I was able to move Houston n do a schedule for 2013 it just got deleted before I was able to change the times of the games but I moved Houston to the al in mlb 2k12 there's not a ghost team in the nl central it just show a blank spot

I changed Houston to AL west in xbox version and like you say just shows a blank spot in NL central, not the worst thing in the world. I did notice however that only the four top teams show up in AL west standings, players and stats however are all there when you check for them.

Hm. New problem occured. When I change the name of some players it may be that automatically the names of other players change, too. I do not know why, but it did happen multiple times now and I found no way to fix it. I think I gonna start over again, that is no big problem as long as I am able to fix that.

Are there any problems later regarding offseason, playoffs, and so on? Or does nearly all function properly besides this problem with the empty slot in the NL Central and the one you mentioned, sask3m?

Not 100% sure about that.

I can't remember for sure how far I took this as it was well before the xmas season but from what I remember everything was ok. I'll sim a couple seasons and see what happens.

Summed one season so far the postseason works fine I put the reds in the al west to see if the playoffs would work ok(Houston wouldn't make it) playoffs structure still the same no errors will be doing off season to see how it operates

Okay fine. Thx for your tests. Should help a lot. :)

Still found no way to work around this "name-bug" or how I should call it. Everytime I change the names of certain players the names are automatically assigned to others. It is independent of using the editor or doing it ingame. Seems like I have to start over. Maybe it has to do wie BSU-Fan reaching the player limit ingame. Don't know.

SF Giants (MLB > AAA > AA > A) are nearly finished...again. Consisting of all the guys that are currently on the 40-man-roster and the rest of the players being real ones, too, mainly the top prospects.

The problem with the automatically assigned names occured again. Seems like it is caused be Reditor.

EDIT

Wow. This problem groes bigger and bigger. Now my backup is screwed, too. This means I have every second Giants minor league pitcher with the same name. When I try to edit the name then the names of the other guys change, too. WTF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am back at work. I have done all the trades for the AL based on the latest official 2k roster. So far I have given every AL team 25 players, 13 hitters and 12 pitchers. I have edited all ratings of those players and assigned new cyberface numbers to players that only had a generic one. I made AL minor league transactions as far as the players were already in the game but didn't edit the ratings of those players. I will work on the NL 25 man rosters next. I also edited lineups and rotations. When I have finished the 25 man rosters of the NL I go deeper into the minor leagues. The plan is to give every team the current 40 man rosters and some minor leaguers and top prospects.