Photomod Thread

Kccitystar

You probably read this wondering, OK, what's a photomod? A photomod is a group of files that you move into your MLB2K12 directory that will adjust various settings, force some effects and modify all visual aspects of the game. I saw a few photomods around the net that included the ENB series, some are a combination of the FXAA tool and ENB series, and others included just the FXAA Tool.

The update I'm using is called the "SweetFX Shader Suite", a universal image improvement and tweaking mod that works with almost any DirectX game.

It merges 3 mods - InjectSMAA, FXAATool and LumaSharpen into one, and it allows all of the effects to be used with combination with each other. I wanted to upload this photomod update but I am looking to test it out on several high-end computers so I can tweak it enough to release. I'll upload the file itself in this post for you guys to try out and post some screenshots.

If you are using any of the Photomods featured here at MVPMods, make sure you clear them from your MLB2K12 directory before installing this update as it will not play nice with other photomods.

Included in the .RAR below are several files that will adjust the visuals of the game to a more realistic, HD tone, similar to the MLB:The Show series on PS3. I managed to adjust the bloom, sharpening, gamma values and anti-aliasing detail across all aspects of MLB2K12. White/Bright colored jerseys now look bright during day/night games, skin has a much more realistic tone, and the game overall looks like an actual TV broadcast. As this mod is a bit of a work in progress (for example, I have to really tweak the bloom effects) and 100% free, expect future updates.

As you should know, using photomods may cause your game to take a performance hit. To remedy this, make sure you turn the MSAA settings to "Off" in the Advanced Video Settings menu in the Options.

Also, adjust your Anti-Aliasing settings outside of the game using the nVidia display tool if you use an nVidia graphics card, or Catalyst Control Center if you have an ATI graphics card.

Here's some screens to sell you on this tweak:

pALOQ.jpg

NnMBW.jpg

AMvhf.jpg

HSIqS.jpg

That said, let's get this show on the road. Install this by extracting all files to your MLB2K12 directory.

Your MLB 2K12 directory can be either in:

C:\Program Files\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12

OR

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mlb 2k12

Start the game up, and you can use the PAUSE key on the keyboard to toggle the effects ON/OFF.

Enjoy.

Dude it looks absolutely fantastic. Slight performance hit but not too bad. I plugged it into my 60" and it looks gorgeous.

Honestly, even comparing side by side with the show, the almost blunted facial features and the at times stupid (compared to say nba 2k) cloth graphics really makes the mod shine.

Tremendous work as usual. As I've said before, I've logged so many hours in the game almost solely due to the work put in by the community, so yeah, thanks.

Unbelievable what this modding community has done with 2k12. Fantastic work kccitystar!

Consistent quality work is the name of the game, my friend.

I'd rather spend months trying to get something right before releasing it :)

If I could just try and get this to work on low-end PCs without the performance hit....

OK so I made some tweaks with the FXAA Tool for those of you who want to use that instead of the SMAA version I had uploaded.

Test these out if you want, but make sure you delete the following files if you have the SweetFX ("Kccitystar's TruHD Photomod") photomod installed before copying over all the files in the archive uploaded below to your MLB2K12 folder:

d3d9.dll

d3d9.fx

dxgi.dll

dxgi.fx

injector.ini

SweetFX_preset.txt

SweetFX_settings.txt

Give these a try and report back with some impressions, my friends!

FXAA_Tool.rar

i installed this, made my game run too slow. went to uninstall and now i cant even start the game. please tell me how to get the game back the way it was before i tried using this mod

Which one did you install, the FXAA mod or the SMAA mod?

To UNINSTALL the SMAA version of the photomod, delete ONLY the following files from your MLB 2K12 directory:

d3d9.dll

d3d9.fx

dxgi.dll

dxgi.fx

injector.ini

SweetFX_preset.txt

SweetFX_settings.txt

SweetFX folder

To UNINSTALL the FXAA version of the photomod, delete ONLY the following files from your MLB2K12 directory:

shader.fx

d3d9.dll

dxgi.dll

FXAA_Tool.exe

shader.hlsl

injFX_Shaders folder

Your game should work as normal when all of the files listed above (depending on which photomod you used) are deleted.

Made some adjustments to the bloom, if you could try them out and let me know what ya think, would be appreciated.

BTW.....GREAT mod makes the game alot better to play i know i don't say alot but the work by the modders here is simply outstanding.

Awesome job. Fantastic.

I'll add this in a future update. While I don't have the power to run this mod at a full 60FPS, I know many people who benefit from it. I will most likely drop the FXAA version of the mod or leave that to MissionMaximus and keep the SMAA one, not sure ;)

• 5 weeks later...