HarleyRider

Mlb 2K12 Date Fix On The Way!

For everyone who might be interested, I just got off the phone with Brad from 2k Sports support.

They are aware of the date issue that is causing the game to lock up and not allowing you to play it.

(Ie; Having to set your computer date back to, or before, October 3rd to be able to play it.)

They were fixing it as we talked and he said it should be done by or before the end of the week.

HOWEVER, you will have to be connected to the Internet when starting the game up for the update to take effect. In other words, no Internet connection, no update.

While I had him on the phone, I also inquired about two other issues I curious about...

A MLB 2K12 patch for the PC: No patch will be coming.

Will there be a MLB 2K13: No. 2K12 is the final baseball game they will be making.

There you have it straight from the horse's mouth.

I hope this clears everything up for everyone.

(To Admins. You may want to make this a "Sticky".)

Thanks Trues and thanks also for pinning it.

I'm sure a lot of people will want to know this. ;)

I am certainly glad to hear this. However (not to be Debbie Downer), you'd think they would take this opportunity to release the mythical patch that was supposedly in testing back in mid-summer. I will miss new PC baseball games :sad:

Thanks for the info. but besides that, I'm very sad to hear that MLB2k13 will not be listed in the future... :sad:

I wouldn't be that upset about not having a patch. They really didn't adjust anything on the field. They adjusted angles that players take when running to the dugout and other minor animation hitches That's it. Nothing that would truly change your experience. I'm surprised their even going to patch the date bug. In fact, I doubt they will (for PC users). If it's something that requires a gamefile to be edited/updated it will not release on the PC. If it's an issue with their servers then it will release on all platforms. That's just my two cents.

To be honest I do not even care if they patch it or not. If they do it - fine. If they don't - that's not the end of the world. It takes 3-5 mouse clicks and about 5 seconds. The world has bigger problems than this. :D

So 2K Sports doesn't come out with a 2K13, that's fine.

I'm sure with all the great modders here at MVP Mods they will keep it updated and alive for years to come!!!

Kudos to all of you great modders out there!!! Keep up the great work!

It would be nice to figure out how to get the Astros transferred over to the American League somehow.

Alright...Im alone. I hope they fix it because I like the pc version with mods better than anything since mvp. Including the show.

Well, It's the 21st and 2K Sports STILL has not come out with a simple fix for this date isssue.

Obviously I was lied to on the phone about the fix!

You would think a company like this would take better care of their customers! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :angry:

Well, It's the 21st and 2K Sports STILL has not come out with a simple fix for this date isssue.

Obviously I was lied to on the phone about the fix!

You would think a company like this would take better care of their customers! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :angry:

There is a fix. No utilities required. Search the forum for my workaround.

Ok well everything is working now ! as of 11/6 that date stays on that day now . So im assuming they fixed it a few days ago because im all good now don't have to change the date anymore .

Okay, here we are March 3, 2013 a week into sping training and the game still won't load. So I guess this is not designed to load after the 2012 season? What crap! I hate having to reset my calendar on the pc every time

Edited by Strawberry18

I got used to it. Start Beyondo, set date, start MLB, when loaded swith to Desktop, close Beyondo, play the game. Takes about 4-5 seconds extra time.

well, the date fix thing finally hit me.

I've got the game on steam and it's been working fine for me WITHOUT having to change dates or anything . . . UNTIL the calendar changed to March. Now it goes through all the "Loading [whatever file]" thing, then connects to 2k for updates and then nothing--It just hangs and hangs forever on the Verlander logo screen.

I tried the Beyondo thing and even backing the date back to February (when it DID work for me) did no good. I had to back it up to September before it finally worked.

Kind of a bummer. I thought maybe the steam version was clear of this issue but I guess not.

Oh well, as long as the Beyondo thing works it's not major. It's just a pain--and something that shoulda been fixed a long time ago.

Hey, 4 weeks from tonight and REAL games begin! YAY!!!!

Which gets me to wondering...will MLB 2K12 work WITHOUT Beyondo when the 2013 Regular Season starts? Just a hunch...

I got used to it. Start Beyondo, set date, start MLB, when loaded swith to Desktop, close Beyondo, play the game. Takes about 4-5 seconds extra time.

I KNOW I'm going to sound stupid, but what is this "Beyondo"? I googled it, and can't find it...am I missing something?

EDIT: Never mind. I'M DUMB AND I KNEW IT!

Edited by Parker8283

LOL....Don't worry I had trouble finding it too but have it now. Glad I found it because without it I couldn't play mlb2k12.

Is anyone losing games due to the auto save no working? I think its due to the switching the date back and forth. I have lost two spring training games. You log off the franchise only to see your record hasn't changed. Nothing pisses me off like playing an entire game than having it poof-disappear. can't wait for this annoying crap to get fixed.

I don't trust auto save so I save everything manually. As far as a fix... that ship has sailed.

I don't trust auto save so I save everything manually. As far as a fix... that ship has sailed.

Yep...2ksports is on to mlb2k13 for the consoles...2k12 for the PC'ers is a thing of the past now.

Hi all, I have found the solution to freeze the game ... I leave this us Links Home but is in Spanish. I install and start the MLB2K12 me perfectly without freezing. I hope they can! Luck!Hi all, I have found the solution to freeze the game ... I leave this us Links Home but is in Spanish. I install and start the MLB2K12 me perfectly without freezing. I hope they can! Luck!HihH i everyone, I have found the solution to freeze the game ... I leave this us Links http://marcpv89.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/solucionada-problema-al-cargar-menu-de-mlb-2k12/ but is in Spanish. I install and start the MLB2K12 is perfectly without freezing. I hope they can! Luck!

There already is a solution: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=54991&view=getlastpost

Where is the date fix?

There isn't one as far as I know. I use beyondo everytime I want to play.

i am from germany, try to play 2k12 , so the problem is you know it, so need help to fix my great baseball game.

Lad dir mal Beyondo runter. 8)

I do this

Open Notepad then I paste this

@echo off

:: Save month, day, and year from current date in MM/DD/YYYY format

For /F "tokens=2,3,4 delims=/ " %%A in ('Date /t') do @(

Set Month=%%A

 Set Day=%%B

 Set Year=%%C

)

:: Set tomorrow's date to today's date plus one

set /A Tomorrow=%Day%+1

:: Save pre-run hour from time variable

set hh1=%time:~-11,2%

set /a hh1=%hh1%+100

set hh1=%hh1:~1%

:: Display current date and time

echo Current date is: %date% %time%

:: Set date to October 2nd

date 10/02/2012

echo Date changed to October 2nd.

:: Start MLB2K12 and wait for exit

cd /d "E:2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12"

echo Starting MLB 2K12...

Start /WAIT mlb2k12.exe

pause

:: Save post-run hour

set hh2=%time:~-11,2%

set /a hh2=%hh2%+100

set hh2=%hh2:~1%

:: If hh2 is less than hh1 increment day, else keep same

echo Syncing date...

if /i %hh2% LSS %hh1% (

date %Month%/%Tomorrow%/%Year%

) else (

date %Month%/%Day%/%Year%

)

echo Current date is:

date /t

pause

exit

The value in quotes (red) needs to be changed to your MLB 2K12 installation directory. Mine is "E:2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12" while yours is probably "C:Program Files (x86)2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12" or "C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonmlb 2k12". If you're unsure of where your game is installed, right-click the shortcut you use to open the game and look at the "shortcut" tab; you should be able to find the installation path next to the "Start in:" label. Make sure to enclose the path in quotes.

Now save the notepad file as whatever name you want but make sure it ends with .bat that is very important for example save it as MLB2K12.bat

now you right click it run as admin the reason for that is because it will change your system time to October 2nd 2012 and it needs admin approval to do so........your date should change then your game will start.........then when your done playing and you exit the game you will see a black window like a command prompt window and all you have to do is hit the spacebar twice and your date will reset to the correct date

RunAsDate does not work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I downloaded it, put the file in and put the date in and clicked Run and nothing happens. Please help! And what is Beyondo?

What is Beyondo?

Apparently the date of October 2nd 2012 isn't working for me anymore I dunno why but I just changed the script date to April 24th 2012 and it works fine but Beyondo works pretty good too

Here is the corrected script

@echo off

 Set Month=%%A

 Set Day=%%B

 Set Year=%%C

)

set /A Tomorrow=%Day%+1

set /a hh1=%hh1%+100

:: Set date to April 24th

date 04/24/2012

echo Date changed to April 24th.

cd /d "C:Program Files (x86)2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12"

Start /WAIT mlb2k12.exe

pause

set /a hh2=%hh2%+100

echo Syncing date...

if /i %hh2% LSS %hh1% (

) else (

)

echo Current date is:

date /t

pause

exit

Fixed mine by using the following code. Just copy it to a notepad file and name it something.bat (named mine MLB 2K.bat for example). Pretty much what this does is automatically set the date to whatever date is required (I use 6/1/12) and then change it back to the real date when you exit the program. You do have to point it to the proper file location, as yours will assuredly be different than mine. If you save it to your desktop, you can just click it to run the game rather than the shortcut or thru Gamestop app (how I purchased it). Here's the code:

Quote:

@echo off

Set Month=%%A

Set Day=%%B

Set Year=%%C

)

set /A Tomorrow=%Day%+1

set /a hh1=%hh1%+100

:: Set date to June 1st

date 06/01/2012

echo Date changed to June 1st.

cd /d "D:GS Games2K GamesMLB 2k12" <--- Change this line to your mlb2k directory

Start /WAIT mlb2k12.exe

pause

set /a hh2=%hh2%+100

echo Syncing date...

if /i %hh2% LSS %hh1% (

) else (

)

echo Current date is:

date /t

pause

exit

Edited by MWiLL

why don't you try the application crackclock , its easier, just add mlb2k12 and adjust the date, it won't touch the system date.

will for me it deactived my keys for the games, so i had do a repair to get in running, but that messed the saves location flie, i had do a regedit and input the saves location to the key for saves location and working fine now. i dont if was me or the it that messed it up, but that the issue that happaned and how i got back.

I am having problems getting the bat file to work.

I have the amazon version, but when I try it, I get the point where the .exe begins. Thats where it says it cannot find the file.

I made sure to change the directory to fit where 2k12 is located...directly from the "properities" line.

Beyondo works but it messes up my display settings everytime I exit.

I don't know where I am messing up on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2K has released an official patch for 2K12, if it's through Steam it should have auto-updated and you can get the patch .exe here if yours was not from Steam: http://support.2k.com/entries/23818517-Major-League-Baseball-2K12-v1-2-0-PC-patch-Downloading-and-Installing

Not sure if it messes up your files if you use the .exe, but none of my mods were overwritten by the Steam update.

I have the amazon digital download and I cannot get this friggin patch to work!

My 2k12 version is 1.0.1.1 --- according to the properties of the program.

Any one know how to get it to work?

This is my error message:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows installer because the program to be updated maybe missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify the program to be updated exists on your computer (YES it Does) and that you have the correct upgrade patch"

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Are you using a No-DVD hack for it?

If so, you may have to put the original .EXE file back in.

Just a thought....

On a personal note, I don't trust 2K Sports anymore at all.

A buddy of mine installed this patch and it completely messed his game up to the point he lost everything. Franchise, player settings, etc.. EVERYTHING!!!!

Therefore I am NOT installing this patch.

I continue to use Beyondo and it works just fine for me. ;)