Mlb 2K13 (Mvp Mods Style)

Parker8283

Cover Photo  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be on the cover of our MLB 2k13?

• Robinson Cano
    • Yoenis Cespedes
    • Jim Johnson
    • Miguel Cabrera
    • Josh Hamilton
    • Bryce Harper
    • Kris Medlen
    • Matt Holiday
    • Buster Posey
    • Aroldis Chapman

Well, since the 2k Sports crew is deciding to end the MLB 2k series, I think that the people in the MVP Mods forum should come up with a BIG update to 2k12 to make it 2k13. Change the Cover Athlete, some of the games code, etc. There are people in this forum that could end up doing this. Maybe not as far as I'm thinking, but good enough for PC gamers to download it. The poll on this is just a short list. If you want me to add someone, just comment it. I think, however, the forum should have a BIG cover vote.

Maybe I'm just dreaming this, and it will never go anywhere, but I wanted to put it out there so someone may pick it up. As for me, I'm not that talented...yet.

[EDIT: MAJOR

ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THE MOD FOR MLB 2K12 TO TURN IN INTO MLB 2K13, PLEASE GO TO THE TOPIC STARTED BY JAY16509. ALSO, THE WINNER FOR THE COVER IS MIGUEL CABRERA, REGARDLESS OF THE RESULTS OF THE AL MVP]

Well, since the 2k Sports crew is deciding to end the MLB 2k series, I think that the people in the MVP Mods forum should come up with a BIG update to 2k12 to make it 2k13. Change the Cover Athlete, some of the games code, etc. There are people in this forum that could end up doing this. Maybe not as far as I'm thinking, but good enough for PC gamers to download it. The poll on this is just a short list. If you want me to add someone, just comment it. I think, however, the forum should have a BIG cover vote.

Maybe I'm just dreaming this, and it will never go anywhere, but I wanted to put it out there so someone may pick it up. As for me, I'm not that talented...yet.

You are not allowed to change the game code. This is copyrighted material. Making mods for the game like new uniforms and things like that does not change the games code.

@Yankee4Life, I always seem to ignore the Copyright crap before I do something, so thank you. :facepalm: . Well, I guess the best we can do is mod it legally. @kccitystar, I know how to program in Java and C#, and...that's about it. Though I've never tried to make a mod for MLB 2k12, if it becomes necessary, I may take a crack at it. @scottbilly, I would totally do that in the My Player mode if we could.

Like the way the voting is going so far. In case you were wondering, I voted for Miguel Cabrera.

Edited by Parker8283

I know how to program in Java and C#, and...that's about it. Though I've never tried to make a mod for MLB 2k12, if it becomes necessary, I may take a crack at it.

Hey Parker--

I've got some programming skills as well, although it's been a while since I used any of them in earnest. I'd be glad to offer some assistance to you in order to make the workload less of a burden on just one person. I could handle some of the grunt work which would allow you to make some real progress a reality.

I think it's important that someone starts to put some effort into this kind of thing sooner rather than later because as time passes, and as real baseball 2012 ends, the likelihood of people getting involved with such projects will most certainly diminish.

Perhaps you could take a closer look and see what you think might be some good ideas. Perhaps KC and others on the site could offer suggestions for what would be most beneficial, and you could respond with what is realistic and possible.

I just don't want to see the efforts and momentum to keep improving this entity die as the calendar turns to November and then December.

I mean since I do a lot of visual stuff, and I hardly play season mode/my player mode, from least important to most important, I'd like to:

Find the values where I can change the intensity/positioning of the sun during daylight games across all stadiums

Edit the gamma values so what is black is an actual black color, which would most likely be in the global.iff file along with shader information

Edit animations so that they are sequenced better/smoother (memories of High Heat and their "tune" files...)

Edit all the in-game text, from dialogue boxes, headlines and everything in between.

Theres more but they won't come to mind just yet, and I'm sure a lot of these will take a backseat to a lot of other work

@Yankee4Life, I always seem to ignore the Copyright crap before I do something, so thank you. :facepalm: . Well, I guess the best we can do is mod it legally

Don't worry about it. I really wouldn't want you to face any trouble from 2k sports if you did something with the code. Modding of course is different and if people in here made a 2013 mod for this game similar to the ones made for Mvp then you guys will have a better game to play with next year because these guys are good.

The textures on the player's caps needs massive improving. Despite huge improvements in color scheme, they all look to plastic/rubbery, instead of wool with stitched logos.

The texture in baseball bats or how light is reflected on them needs to be changed. They look much too shiny/glossy.

Somehow the program code used in the NBA 2K series needs to be added so that players can have arm tattoos.

New/better animations and camera angles need to be added for balls hit in play, camera angles that follow the path of the ball via an outfielder's perpsective.

New/Better camera angles on home runs hit, following the flight of the ball, as well as accurate home run distance.

Better/improved audio for umpires.

Well, as I didn't think this thread would become so popular, I didn't have many good ideas. I will say this, and that's someone needs to be in charge of making the Rosters and posting them. I may take that responsibility, but we'll see. I like the ideas so far. We need to decide who is going to work on what, then we all submit them and test them, then make them one big package. That's my ideas...so far.

Also, we need to find out what we CAN edit without breaking copyright laws, and make some BIG changes that we're allowed to do. One of my complaints is when I'm playing in My Player (I'm an outfielder), and when I don't make it to a ball it time, the camera view changes, but I continue to run in the same direction, so that makes me let go of the arrow keys, and place them down again. That's my biggest problem. That, and inaccurate rosters.

I'm up until the Tigers game is over (My hair is all pulled out at this point, and I've told Valverde that he can go die in a hole), so I'll be here to respond to anything else.

[EDIT: Our 3-4-5 hitters will make EVERYONE pay! (I know that this has nothing to do with this, but I had to say it.)]

Edited by Parker8283

what would be nice is to be able to have an editor that would bypass the character limitations.This way u could still update rosters and have an unlimited use of all unis.By using BSUs roster along with tys editor i can only use so many of the unis and i believe the limits was on 2ks side and not the editor,so not sure if the limit can be broken.If so this could mean every uni that was ever worn could be made and put in game and also be able to crack the music would be a major major plus

well actually all unis can still be used by using the generic mod enabler but the colors wont be correct,this is where tys editor is great

Ok, I was not sure before if I could devote time to this project or not. I would like to lead this project and make MLB 2k13 a reality. So, first off, let me list the areas where we can focus.

Title Screen--

Schedule---

Rosters--- Jay16509

Stadiums---Trues

Portraits---

Cyberfaces---

Audio---

Managerial Staff---Jay16509

Uniforms--KCCityStar

Overlays--Trues

If anyone else can think of any areas I am neglecting, please tell me, so I can add these to the game.

If anyone else can think of any areas I am neglecting, please tell me, so I can add these to the game.

Well, no offense to anyone, but if I could get an answer to my question, which was:

But, with the code, if we just said it was a mod to the game, and gave full respect to the 2k crew, wouldn't it be legal? I'm kinda comparing this to Minecraft, mostly because I make mods for the game, and that's adding, editing, and deleting code.

...I may be able to suggest some stuff, because I had some wicked ideas. However, I would be willing to take the Title Screen, and some of the audio, if that's ok with everyone else.

Now, not counting my chickens before they're hatched, but it's looking like Miguel Cabrera will be our cover athlete.

[EDIT: To make it a real vote, we need more voters, so please encourage others to vote, or, if he wanted to, Trues could have a forum-wide vote.]

Edited by Parker8283

• 2 weeks later...