Coming Soon - Ultimate Roster Project 2013

WundaBreadz

Hi, I am newer to this site but starting a week and a half ago after learning there wouldn't be a MLB 2k13 I began working on a major project on Mlb2k12 to bring it up to date for the coming season. I have made alot of progress but there is still much work to be done with the overhaul. I would give a projected finish of about a week and a half to two weeks before I am done but once I am I will upload the roster file on to 2kshare as well as a link with the actual file download just in case not all the updates show up on 2kshare. The following list is what I have worked on/am working on as well as future plans for once I am finished with current version. I hope you all will give the project a chance and enjoy it once it is finished. IMPORTANT NOTE: This is for the Xbox 360 version of game.

Currently working on

-Updated ratings and pitch speeds based on actual stats and sabermetrics of 2012 season.

- Updated ballpark capacities.

- All transactions up to date of when file is uploaded with up to date contract situations for all players.

- Player stats from 2012 on player card.

- Updated 2012 team records and team stats.

- Updated staff and ratings.

- Fake players have real names and right skin tones.

- Real Portraits for most fake players.

- Projected 2013 lineups and rotations set.

-Real minor leaguers and top prospects for all three minor league levels as well as major leagues for all teams.

- 2013 schedule.(If permits. Haven't quite gotten into this part yet, but it may not be possible as Houston is now in the Al and the standings would probaly be all kinds of messed up for Stros fans in franchise)

- Updated years pro/rookie eligibility.

- updated player weights and positions.

- 2012 award winners listed on player cards.

Future plans

- Updated team records for any records broken in 2012 season.

- Minor league stadium capacities and 2012 team records.

Edited by WundaBreadz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help with player appearences and cyberface values would also be greatly appreciated to help for an even better experience once the project is finished, I am using Vlad's Reditor 2 tool to do all of this and haven't quite been able to work on the players in game faces except for some of the fake players. But if nobody can help with the appearence values I will doy best to figure it out for the community to enjoy the most realistic experience to having a mlb 2k13 version of game.

So i'm now working on two projects, the project listed above as well as an updates roster for the pc version of game. The release of both may not be ready for a little bit as it is so much work just to do one but I will keep you all updated and hope you support my work and enjoy it once it is finished, I promise it will all be up to date as if you were playing a whole new years game!

As of right now for the pc bersion I can only edit the players and minor leaguers but I have ordered Guru license for Reditor so I should be able to edit more soon for the pc version and yes I am using the portrait pack and will edit the players that need editing since the last update although I haven't been able to figure out how to add new portraits, just how to edit portraits already being used so help with that and understanding how to add portraits to the pack would be greatly appreciated!

I edit the ratings mostly based on different statistics of fangraphs.com, so for instance with tendencies i'll look at this past seasons percent as well as the past few seasons and career average of sstrikeout,groundball, walk% etc and give the average to the player but I try to have a greater influence on what the player did the previous season for there final ratings. Same goes for pitch velocities except there I base it more on the average of the most recent season because it probaly gives a better indication of the pitchers velocity in the present. I get the pitch types from fangraphs as well and the % the pitch is thrown from the around same area.

I do have something like that used for speed, clutch, and a few other statistics.

And I have gotten my guru license for the pc version of reditor so I most likely will do everything listed above for the pc version of game as well but I can't give an exact date not a projection of when one of the projects will be finished due to the amount of work it takes to get everything down and finished but it should be atleast by the end of month.

Hm. I am very curious how you can assign reliable ratings for batting, pitching and fielding when you do not have specified rating numbers for the stats. I don't want to badmouth your work. ;) Was simply curious.

I HAVE a table for those things and that's why I a got to work about 4-6 hours on one franchise. I think without it I would be much more faster.

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

So with the recent news that there will be a MLB2k13 for the Xbox 360 I have put my Xbox 360 project on the backburner for the same project but for the PC version of game. Well iv'e been hard at work on that project for a week or two now and am going all out with it! I am calling it the Ultimate Roster Project 2013. I am editing every little detail that I can for a expanded and ultimate roster experience. I am also working on a Portrait pack to go along with the roster to add updated portraits for players up to the day of release along with a readme document with every players Portrait ID # so if you don't like a portrait of if you want to edit portraits on your own, you can easily do so. I admit I am not the best portrait maker but they aren't the worst.

As for the roster I am currently just finishing up the first team which is the Angels.

What this means is that I have every transaction up to today correct, correct staff, the top 10 prospects listed by Baseball America as well as what I believe to be accurate ratings based on each players scouting report from a few different websites with a major emphasis for final rating based on Baseball Americas scouting. This includes a players potential rating as well using Ty's editing tool. Prospects 20-50 plus real minor leaguers to fill out the roster of the Angels affiliates are based on accurate scouting reports that I had access to in order to help bring the best and most up-to date roster as possible. That's not all though! I have also watched videos on every prospect/minor leaguer that I could gain access to in order to bring accurate batting stances/pitching styles. It wasn't easy to find these videos for every single player so some may not have the most up-to date stances but i'd say a very good amount of the players have the right styles. I also used different pictures videos to set up how the players looked by erasing most/all generic cyberfaces for all players in the organization to more accurate looking faces as well as what the players wear. So if a player tends to wear high socks more than he wears baggy pants, it's in there. If a player wears one type of shoe majority it's in there!(This Roster will work very well with the Ultimate Accesories pack for download on this site as well as most of the Cyberface packs as I have most downloaded so I was able to set the correct shoe styles and faces and such.I'd defiantly reccommend downloading some before you download this roster once it is released! They are great mods as it already is!} Minor leaguers will also have portraits if portraits are available for the said player.

So that's what I will be doing for each team is Tranasactions, Minor Leaguers, staff, ratings for all affiliates updated based on actual sabermetrics and a rating system I have that comes out with what I would hope most would agree to be as close to accurate as possible. I have all transactions up to date currently and staff which includes Head coach with as accurate of a cyberface as I could find, Years Pro updated/added, ratings. So a team that has a great scouting director and a great farm system to match since they have been in charge or from what they had previously done, that teams scouting director you can expect to have a good scouting rating! Same goes for the best medical staffs around..and the worst! I even have added in managers such as Willie Randolph, Manny Acta, Bobby Valentine, and more! Stadium Capacaties are also currently updated. All fake names/players in game are correct and are on correct team or in free agent pool depending on where they really are. A very small portion of them don't currently have portraits but the majority do. Also players have updated years pro, and positions if they have changed a position or if it was listed incorrectly already in game.

Once I finish up the minor leaguers from all the teams, I still must edit player stats to player cards from 2012 season as well as any awards the player won in 2012. I will also edit any team/league records that were broken in 2012 and if possible edit the 2013 schedule in. But I plan for the 2013 schedule to be released at a later date so I can release the roster in time for Spring Training or in the middle of Febuary at the very latest. There is just SOOOOO MUCH WORK TO DO!! I hope you all will support and enjoy my work once it is finished and I apologize for the cancelling of the Xbox 360 version!

Wow, that sounds amazing. One question on the schedule though, is when you start a franchise it will automatically begin in 2012, not 2013. Is there a workaround for that to begin the franchise in the correct year? I'm just curious how you plan to address that before you spend the time importing 2012 stats and making a 2013 schedule, if in the end, we have to start in 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on it, I talked to Vlad about the schedule issue and it appears there is not currently a way to change the date of the schedule but that he will release something sometime soon that will let you change the date to 2013 so the 2012 player stats will show. Currently I have alot of 2012 stats added in but you can only see them in Play Now mode and at Roster Managment and on Player Cards. I will most likely release the Roster first before I can release a later version with the 2013 schedule if/and when that becomes possible. I'd love to give a projected date for when this project will be released but I can't begin to set a date just yet because it seems like an endless project, but a project I do plan to finish at that lol. I just ordered the 2013 and 2012 prospect handbooks so that will help with creating alot of the minor leaguers and making them as accurate as I believe them to be. With the prospects, I will do my best to get the top 100 in franchise mode to be as close to the actual order they are in real life. Hope to release this soon though as I look forwrd to playing with the roster myself lol but i'd say it will be released during Spring Training or near the end of Febuary if I had to make a current prediction.

hello friend, my name is jose, excuse my English I'm using google translator. you know I'm making a list of batting stances, swing type and step type, if the step you want so you save the job. I thought of making contracts but many players do not have that information.