Base Up! Rosters For 2013 ~ Preview

Gordo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was saying that I was just using AR_Key's rosters to make the stats because I thought the stats would transfer over to your roster, so I thought I could just copy the stat files over to your roster... I was just responding to boomhauertjs's post, not trying to steal anyone's thread...

• 1 month later...

Update: AL (MLB & AAA) completely finished. Kyleb is amazing with minor league details and stats and it appears that stats will show up in exhibition games. The first phase that will be released will be primarily for MLB & AAA squads only. We're focusing on the NL this week and I'm hoping it could be done by the end of the week, though unforeseen things can come up. On-going moves are being incorporated and significantly injured (multiple months to season-ending injured) players will remain available to move to your chosen slot without having to use MVPedit.

Stay tuned.

We're coming around the bend on the NL Central. Lots of teams in disarray. Doubtful that AAA guys will get batting or pitching facelifts this time around. We just wanna get the right guys to the relatively right places. MiLB doesn't help when they're listing 28-29 players on their rosters. Still facing the chore of getting the AA and A teams balanced somewhat as well, not to mention getting the FA pool down to something reasonable.

Getting close here guys..... finishing up the NL West. Most every AAA team will have 24/25 guys definitely listed on the AAA rosters and utilizing recent box scores for fairly accurate batting orders. Pitch types for pure minor league pitchers are next to impossible to find, however. When I've had the time I've exported the AAA and MLB teams and scrimmed them to check for crashing.

The AA and Single A teams will have enough bodies so that hopefully you won't experience crashes because of injuries/suspensions. They won't be accurate, but should be filled enough.

It would be helpful to have jersey number corrections and other cosmetics (pant lengths for given players, facial hair/hair color matching up with portraits, etc.) and maybe even batting stances/swings and pitchers' deliveries after they're released.

Although a balanced (no errors in mvpedit) roster was worked out last night, I was getting hard crashes, so I'm going to take a different tactic and import all of the MLB and AAA teams into a known working roster set. One of the other problems is that most of the minor league team roster pages list 27-30 players and it can be hard to know which to keep, though we've largely been using the stats pages to determine that. The bottom line is that I'd like to put out a Phase 1 roster (MLB/AAA) within the next day.

Well, in all fairness, I had been giving updates. Kyleb and I having been working hard to figure out what was causing season crashes in April like pretty much every roster encounters. We checked everything up and down. Just couldn't solve it. So I'm trying to come up with the next best solution. Since the initial roster release (at least that I had intended) was for MLB/AAA emphasis, I decided to create a generic team and, with some excessive attempts (and fingers crossed), imported them into all of the AA and Single A teams successfully. I was able to preserve the current FA pool (which is VERY current) as well as move all of the significantly injured players to the FA pool. So if this works (and I'm on the final stages of testing), injured players will be available to reinsert into your roster if you want AND you'll be able to play a franchise/season with injuries/suspensions ON. Granted there will be no AA or Single A play at this juncture. But this was the trade off to get a stable roster at this point.