Coming Soon!

ALBIDNIS

Pictures please!!!

Carlos, I got the game earlier tonight and tweaked a few gameplay settings and I thought I'd post a couple of pics. Other than a few new features and the menu screens, the game looks pretty much the same. I've only played one game so far, I'll know more as I get some more games in.

Anyway, here's the custom batting camera I'm using:

As I said, I've only played one game, but it's obvious I'm going to have to tweak the sliders. Not bad out of the box, but a bit too much offense for me. I like to stay around 4 or 5 runs a game, 8-11 hits per game, 110+ pitches, 4-6 K's, 3-4 BB, a variety of extra base hits, errors, and the occasional blowout and/or very tightly pitched games.

There's not a doubt in my mind I'll get the game playing solid, it's just a matter of time. That said though, there seems to be a handful of new features, but I'm sure I'll dive into that last.

It took me awhile, in the beginning, to get used to the animations -- players taking angles to the ball, players rounding the bags, etc., but it's become clear that these animations all have to do with timing. For example, when a ball is hit into the gap, and depending on who's running the bases, it depends on where the ball's hit, the angle the fielder is taking to the ball, and the speed of the baserunners. A ball hit moderately deep in the gap, with an outfielder taking a wide angle, can be pushed into a double if you have a speedy baserunner, Michael Bourne, for example. I loved MVP, but the lack of realism in the animations would hardly allow you to get such realism.

Again, in the past few Show games, I've never once hit a ball off the wall and only gotten a single out of it, which is really the way it should be. It didn't happen often in MVP, but it did happen. Anyway, The Show is a great game, very well thought out and calculated, it just takes a bit of getting used to when jumping from earlier baseball games. When you get the sliders adjusted to your liking, there's just no better game of baseball out there.

Hopefully we get some guys on the bandwagon and play some good online games this year.

We ran a league awhile back, and it was an absolute blast. Great games, great competition. It's surprising how well some of these hardcore baseball gamers actually know the game and play it right. Not to mention, the guys we ran with "knew" each other for years via this site, therefore making the game even more enjoyable. In other words, you could trust your opposition to be a good sport through it all, especially when you're wearing headsets. Just way too much fun.

Further, it was just as much fun to watch the scores unfold from the other members of your league in real time.

Can't wait to get going again. :)

Thanks for the pictures Jay, I need to buy a new PS3 since I move out to my new home and leave the ps3 in my brother´s house...to be honest i´m playing a Oakland season in my mvp game and having a blast of fun in the meantime, anyway can´t wait to put my hands in this year version...long live to the Show community hehe :hi:

• 1 month later...

Played the first game of my season today, custom settings, sliders untouched. Got Knight's rosters and took off at home against the Mariners.

Wow, sliders straight out of the box seem tweaked a little tighter this year. I realize it's early, but the game played extremely solid. Walks and K's are a little off at this point, and I'm sure I'll tweak more. Glad I didn't give up on this before I got it out of the box.

13 Innings

Seattle: 4 | 9 | 1

Oak: 6 | 13 | 2

Looks like a great game Jay

Yeah, once I got the controls down, the game is still as awesome as ever. I use the exact same controls as last year, but I couldn't figure out how to lead off or steal! :)

I was HOLDING the left shoulder button instead of tapping it. Thought it was going to cost me the game before I got it figured out. :)