Wudl's Rating Edited Roster (Beta)

wudl83

Hmm...Some guys asked me if I could include my cyberfaces into the roster download or at least upload them so they won't have to change the cyberface numbers of certain guys everytime I release a new roster version.

I understand this topic and so I decided to write PMs to all the different people of who I used cyberfaces personally. E.g. DetroitStyle, howington or Twnlove. Sad thing is I did not receive one single answer. I also realized that some guys that made cyberfaces for 2k12 haven't appeared on the board since last year's december.

Now what should I do? I do not want to provide the work of other people without their permission, but they do not show up here again.

It's a fair question.

Indeed, a lot of the cyberface makers are not active in the scene anymore. Pretty much gone forever. And I would think, even if they were active, they would be satisfied with a mention of credit.

I'm active in modding in the fifa/pro evolution soccer scene and I wouldn't see this as wrong in any way. You are not taking credit nor modifying someone's work slightly and taking credit. I see it as a simple re-release of their work, with all the credit going to them.

Up to you. But I distinguish re-releasing someone's work (with credit). You're simply making it easier to download. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks again for the great roster work.

Plans for the next release:

- complete minor league system for the Halos

- edit more FA pitchers

- edit AL East ratings to reflect current performances better (e.g. rate David Price or R.A. Dickey down, rate Clay Buchholz or Manny Machado up)

- edit the manager section

Tomorrow I will work on the managers and then I think I will release a new version on Friday or Saturday.

I also played around with the sliders a little bit. I put them in from legend now (before from allstar) and it seems that the game playes different.

New version is up since about 1 hour.

Plans for next version:

- edit more FA pitchers

- edit AL West 25-man roster ratings to reflect current performances

- edit the whole minor league system of the Red Sox

About the cyberfaces:

I feel that they complete and "make" the roster. What I would do at the very least is include the Face ID numbers for the Cyberfaces available to download on the site.

Either way, you're not modifying anything but the face ID (where applicable), so it would be I guess, okay to include cyberfaces by the community that aren't already in the game by 2K. Unless someone throws a tantrum about it, which since it's just cyberfaces, I would find to be ridiculous.

Just credit everyone involved and you should be in the clear ;)

Agree. The lack of cyberfaces don't do the Roster the justice it deserves. Include all your faces in one zip. I could even set up a torrent for it and seed if you wish. Anyone who complains about that would be ridiculous. We know who the creators of the faces are, they will still get all the credit.

Setting that up would make the game and this site more popular. Who wouldn't want a Mod like that. It would be brilliant. Any future updates after the initial download could be done through mini-pack updates.

I simply wanted to wait and see if someone shows up again and answers my messages.

I think I gonna write Jim a message regarding the topic and after that I gonna put the necessary faces for my roster in one extra file and include it into my download. I think this would be the easiest option and no one would have to download 600 mb. You are right KC, faces make it and bald heads aren't beautiful - at least in 2k12. ;)

I simply wanted to wait and see if someone shows up again and answers my messages.

I think I gonna write Jim a message regarding the topic and after that I gonna put the necessary faces for my roster in one extra file and include it into my download. I think this would be the easiest option and no one would have to download 600 mb. You are right KC, faces make it and bald heads aren't beautiful - at least in 2k12. ;)

Definitely. A pleasant surprise for me was seeing a 3D player face when the player did not have a proper photo (at the time I didn't download the 2K13 portrait pack). It was deadly accurate :)

Also, what I would recommend is keeping the default uniform slots from the stock 2K list.

Not everyone is going to have the same slot IDs or even the same uniform slot, so it's best to keep it default and let other people import the colorlists they want that have uniform slots for extra uniforms included.

Okay, I finally wrote Jim a PM regarding the cyberfaces. I will upload a package with all necessary faces later today or tomorrow. If he answers me and says that my plan is not okay I will remove the package of course. But I hope he says that everything is okay.

Over the last 4 hours I went through every MLB team and tried to find out which player could be affected by the bald head syndrom. I copied a bunch of cyberfaces from my MLB 2k12 main folder and put it in a zip file with instructions. I will upload this file together with my next version. It's an 41mb file so I think everyone should download it since it isn't really big.

As a bonus I edited all the face numbers of players who had a generic cyberface and who are currently on a 25 man roster and gave them way more accurate ones.

The next version should be fun!

I found out something quite interesting.

I played around a little bit with the "auto lineup" set up by the CPU and I realized that it is definately depentent on fielding ratings.

BUT and that is the point - it is also way more dependent on the "fielding ability rating" (indeed it is even dependent on hitting ratings but I will omit this point here). And the strange thing is that you would normally think that the "ability" transfers to the performance a player shows when playing this position. E.g. you look at a player whose primary position is 1B. Because 1B is his primary position he gets a 100 in fielding ability at 1B. The player can also play LF and RF a little bit but not as good as 1B so let's say he gets a 70 ability at both corner OF spots. Now you would expect that he shows about 70% of his real ability of 1B when he is playing LF or RF. But that is not the case. The ratings stay the same, he is as good a fielder when he plays 1B and when he plays LF or RF.

But surprise surprise! Put this guy into a position where he got a fielding rating of 25, let's say he got 25 at SS and 25 at CF. Now guess what? He plays as good at CF and SS as he plays 1B.

So I think that the rating called "fielding ability" does not translate into the real ability and skill at a certain position,

But what this ability determines is the likelihood of the AI putting at player into a certain position!

Guys like Hafner, Ortiz or Butler who more or less only play DH got 1B as primary position ingame since the position DH is nonexistent. Of course those guys get bad fielding ratings but when the CPU sets up the lineups it realizes that they are 1B with a 100 in fielding rating at 1B and so the CPU puts them into the 1B in the lineup.

I was not able to manipulate Billy Butler's fielding ratings in a way that the CPU would put him in the DH slot. Although the regular 1B Hosmer has way better fielding ratings than Butler he was always on the bench. And interestingly the CPU put George Kottaras into the DH slot although Kottaras has worse hitting ratings than Hosmer, too.

Then I simply reduced Butler's fielding ability at 1B to 85 and guess what? Kottaras on the bench, Hosmer at 1B, Butler at DH. So to come up with even more realism and a real boost in realism while playing franchise I think I now know how to set up the fielding ability ratings. Maybe this reduces the often quite strange setups of the CPU. :D

No more Hafner, Big Papi, Butler or Victor Martinez at 1B - at least I hope so.

I played three games today with the updated ratings.

1st:

Yankees (Pettite, AI) at Royals (me, Shields) 7-5

Had no chance, they bombed the hell out of Shields. Had to pull him after 4.2 innings, score was 5-2 Yankees and Shields already had over 80 pitches. In the first inning I scored 2 off Pettite and managed to get him over 30 pitches already. But after that not much happened again. My fifth run came with a homer from Moustakas off Mo Rivera. I even had 2 runners in scoring position with 2 outs after that but I couldn't get one in.

2nd:

Blue Jays (Buehrle, AI) at Red Sox (me, Buchholz) 5-4 after 10

Every team scored once in the first inning. In the third inning I walked Lawrie, struck out Rasmus and Bautista and hung a 12-6 curve over the plate that Encarnacion crushed over the Green Monster to give the Blue Jays a 3-1 lead. In the next inning Arencibia doubled and advanced to third on a bad throw by Drew, Izturis brought him home on a sac fly. If you think Buchholz would have been bad you are wrong. He went 7.1 innings, striking out 8, walking only one and giving up only 6 hits. Until the 7th I couldn't do much more against Buehrle, my plate discipline was really bad. In the 7th I pulled myself together and scored to make it 4-2 Jays. In the 8th the Jays brought in Esmil Rogers for Buehrle who had over 100 pitches. Esmil Rogers needed over 30 pitches to get 3 outs but I was able to tie the game. Ellsbury singled, Victorino flew out, Ellsbury advanced to second. Pedroia struck out and Big Papi brought Ellsbury home with a single. Score 4-3 Jays and I brought in Ciriaco as a pinch runner for Ortiz. Napoli walked and I had 2 men on base with 2 out. David Ross was up but I brought in Saltalamacchia to pinch hit. He singled home Ciriaco. After that I struck out. Score 4-4 and nothing happened in the ninth. In the top of the 10th the Jays had no one on with 2 outs and Uehara was pitching. I hung a fastball right over the plate, Bautista crushed it and hit it into that little corner between CF and RF in Boston's stadium. Victorino was very close but he stuck on the wall and Bautista hit an inside the park homerun and the score was 5-4. After that Janssen got the Save for the Jays.

Thank you 2k for bad programming.

3rd:

LA Angels (Williams, AI) at White Sox (Quintana, me) 3-2

I scored with de Aza in the first after a throwing error of Trumbo. In the same inning the Angels tied the game when Aybar got home on a throwing error by Gillaspie. In the next inning Kendrick hit a 2 run homer of me over the left field wall. Nothing more happening until the 8th. I could get no hits, the Angels couldn't either. They brought in Downs for de la Rosa who had come in for Williams in the 7th. With Downs pitching I was able to get Dewayne Wise to 2nd with one out. Flowers struck out but De Aza brought Wise home with a nice single where the ball went deep into right field over Josh Hamilton's head. It was nearly a homerun but it dropped off the wall unfortunately. After that De Aza was caught stealing 2nd so the score was 3-2 Angels going into the 9th. Jesse Crain struck out the side and Frieri came in to close for the Halos. Keppinger hit a popout, Rios singled. Dunn was up and with a 3-1 count he hit...well...nearly a homerun. Trout caught the ball with an unbelievable jump at the center field wall. Konerko grounded out and the game was over.

Damn, three games, three losses, but three hours of very much fun at least. :D

I hope you get nice games with my roster, too!

You're the man Wudl. Another great job to enhance your roster. btw, I also noticed a few pitchers with wristbands etc (sorry, I don't recall who they were for you) and you're right, it is a easy fix. i just used the in-game player editor and took the gear off from there no problem. It doesn't appear to be a result of your roster. There were a few in last years BSU roster i used also, so it may be related to the original 2k roster and just carries over for those players in the equipment list to the edited rosters you and others have put together.