Wudl's Rating Edited Roster (Beta)

wudl83

I was referring to the PM you wrote me. ;) When you are so generous to others why not be it to yourself, too? ;)

But like I said, not meant as an offense.

Only seems that many guys are only interested in the schedule and nothing else. :D

While I am a total simulation freak and like to play especially sports games as realistically as possible, I totally understand wudl83's resentment towards the "schedule issue". I could care less as well. Much bigger issue in terms of realism is to have current accurate rosters/portraits and the Astros in the AL. The schedule changes anyways after one season, I play MY PLAYER mode a lot and multiple seasons are a given there. I still have the Astros problem, they show up in the AL, but dead last in the standings and just a grey bar replacing the team name. Is anybody playing the game with current rosters and portraits that also features the Astros in the AL-West correctly displayed?

Thanks!

While I am a total simulation freak and like to play especially sports games as realistically as possible, I totally understand wudl83's resentment towards the "schedule issue". I could care less as well. Much bigger issue in terms of realism is to have current accurate rosters/portraits and the Astros in the AL. The schedule changes anyways after one season, I play MY PLAYER mode a lot and multiple seasons are a given there. I still have the Astros problem, they show up in the AL, but dead last in the standings and just a grey bar replacing the team name. Is anybody playing the game with current rosters and portraits that also features the Astros in the AL-West correctly displayed?

Thanks!

Having the Astros in the AL pretty much IS the schedule issue. But, it doesn't seem to be a major issue for most folks, certainly not worthy of resentment. My method of playing the PC baseball games over the years has been to start with "reality", and then take it from there. I started with the opening day 2012 rosters, and am now in spring training for 2018. Worse things have happened than not being able to do my yearly "reboot" and start a new franchise. Mightbe fun to just keep plowing ahead into the future. Plus, that doesn't require anyone to do any work! :)

Hey guys. I wanted to show you one ore two typical game results when I play a game. I do not play franchise or something like that. I usually look at the MLB schedule and pick one or two games, adjust the SPs and lineups and then play the game.

Few moments ago I was playing today's game of the Astros at Oakland. I took the Astros.

As you see the stats are mostly quite realistic. The errors were clearly my fault (two throwing erros with Cedeno where I released the button way too late). Sometimes I get so much Ks like here, sometimes I don't even get 4 or 5. Sometimes I issue 0 or 1 walks, sometimes I issue 5 or 6. A big weakness of me has always been my plate discipline. That's why Oakland only had 99 pitches and many of them were strikes.

This game could have gone either way. Milone was sharp until the 7th, then he started to struggle and I was able to hit the game winning homerun off him in the 8th.

Bedard was sharp, too and dominated with his 12-6 curveball.

Here are some screenshots:

post-95916-0-97804200-1366031432_thumb.j

- Team Stats Overview -

post-95916-0-74592100-1366031546_thumb.j

- Athletics Box Score Part 1 -

post-95916-0-49361300-1366031611_thumb.j

- Athletics Box Score Part 2 -

post-95916-0-53231100-1366031675_thumb.j

- Athletics Box Score Part 3 -

post-95916-0-17756700-1366031786_thumb.j

- Astros Box Score Part 1 -

post-95916-0-64105900-1366031812_thumb.j

- Astros Box Score Part 2 -

post-95916-0-80989700-1366031830_thumb.j

- Astros Box Score Part 3 -

post-95916-0-39834300-1366031365_thumb.j

- Martinez 3-run homerun off Tommy Milone in the 8th -

What do you mean with "non injury one"? In my roster are no injuries anyway. The players that were injured at release date are on minor league teams but they are healthy. I really don't understand what you want to do and what's the object behind it. If someone wants to play with those players he can move them up or down on his own. No need to release an extra version. Besides that I plan to release another version within the next 5-7 days. All latest transactions, callups and injuries will be considered and missing players like e.g. Michael Roth will be created.

Ok. My guys do not have any injuries, they are only in the minor leagues.

And how does someone know what the lineups would be if there where no injuries? Guessing? That's a bad method. And I do not see another method. When I do something like this and base the lineup on predictions and projectiosns then the next guy will come and complain because Player A is on AAA while Player B is on the MLB team.

Besides that I want to state that every injury, transaction or something like that will cause a team that is controlled by AI in a franchise, to shuffle everything up regarding their franchise rosters (MLB/AAA/AA/A) and suddenly the AI team will calculate everything from a new (making callups etc.).

I guarantee that at least 50 pct of the teams won't have the same lineup after spring training like they had after start of the franchise. Cold and hot streaks are the next thing which will cause the AI to shuffle the lineup.

So to put it in a nutshell, sorry, but I do not want to make 500 different versions and I do not want to have guys releasing versions of my roster on their own. That is not meant because I would feel offended, that would not be the case.

But when I allow something like this for one time I know what will happen. And what will happen is that many people will come and have special wishes which I can't fulfill.

Guys like BSU-Fan, who made a great roster every year, didn't even have discussion threads before his releases which mostly came midseason. And he didn't allow others to release versions of his roster. So I really see no reason to allow such things.

I do not want to sound harsh or something like that but I get the feeling that most people simply have no clue about how much work modding is and especially how time consuming it is.

What do you mean with "non injury one"? In my roster are no injuries anyway. The players that were injured at release date are on minor league teams but they are healthy. I really don't understand what you want to do and what's the object behind it. If someone wants to play with those players he can move them up or down on his own. No need to release an extra version. Besides that I plan to release another version within the next 5-7 days. All latest transactions, callups and injuries will be considered and missing players like e.g. Michael Roth will be created.

What you're undertaking is very tedious and time consuming. Much props for your efforts. And I agree that people can move players back and forth at their own discretion.

just moving players rated 78+ and up to starting spots

i use control all 30 teams , skip draft , cpu place draft , release all draft , delete draft

cpu doesnt touch rosters

=@:cray::crazy::diablo::help::bad:

Then why don't you just do it for yourself?

No need to release anything. Do it for yourself and everything is fine.

Moving all +78 players to the MLB rosters NOW will be BS in future versions since I plan to give some top prospects massive boosts, rate down veteran players, and so on. I guarantee you that on future versions many players will have different ratings compared to my last version.

Subjected completed from my side. You seem very self-interested. Your questions regarding Jackie Bradley, the question for Raiders and now this topic show it. It's all okay, I do not feel any harm, but if I allow something like that one time, I have to allow it all the time.

So no release allowed. Sorry. Do it for yourself.

I think you need to chill out and take a break from this site and rosters for a bit

You will always gain nothing on a mod unless you set up a paypal account

and put it your sig and I seen peeps do it before.

I make mods sometimes but i dont expect anybody to post thanking me

it always something that needs to be fixed or a negative rant

I think your expecting to much from random internet peeps

you do a great job on the rosters but it drains you to much

chill out go to October Fest and get wasted :good::crazy:8P:drinks::girl_devil:

play some mlb 2k or nba 2k for a bit

Of course I am self interested I am a Fat American Human

I am glad I didnt get blown up yesterday meng :lol::p

and most people wouldnt even ask and just release it :bad:

Edited by MWiLL

I have to agree. Some of your comments Wudl are getting a bit over the top. We all appreciate your efforts just keep in perspective what you are actually doing. You say someone released a roster w/o opening a thread last year well maybe you should have done the same.

I have to agree. Some of your comments Wudl are getting a bit over the top. We all appreciate your efforts just keep in perspective what you are actually doing. You say someone released a roster w/o opening a thread last year well maybe you should have done the same.

Yeah I should have not opened a thread.

And what's happening now is exactly the reason why I first didn't want to open a new thread. But then I got lots of PMs requesting updates and so on and then I thought "okay, then let's open it again"...

won't comment on anything here anymore. I do not want any props but nevertheless you have to understand that surfing on this site and seeing comments like "do this please" or "do that please" or "may I have this please" or "may I have that please" everyday and everytime is simply nerve-racking. And besides that I do not only get this comments in here, I get them via PM, too.

I know I sound harsh sometimes, but it isn't meant like this. I do not mean it personal or as an offense. But getting home after work, opening mvpmods.com and everyday the same...puuuuuh...

Maybe I simply go on editing without much posting in here.

Man wudl thank you so much for these rosters! Personally I bought a Reditor licenses and started to tweak your rosters more to my liking (not player ratings, those were great and left untouched) but your roster is just great and I'm glad it's compatible with Raider's portrait pack!

Thanks for your hard work and take a break haha, you deserve it

New version released.

Includes:

- some transactions (unfortunately I missed Francisco to Brewers)

- some rating edits of the current players that already had gotten edits

- lots of FAs updated (a bunch of pitchers still lacking edits)

- Houston to AL

- new schedule

Since some guys asked me which cyberfaces they should download to avoid the bald heads I gonna right down a list of which cyberfaces you should download from mvpmods.com. Besides that you simply can download most 2k12 cyberfaces and they should already show up ingame.

I totally underestimated the FA pitcher's pool. It seems that there are way above 100-150 pitchers in it. :D

Can't tell you any timestamp for the FA pitcher's to be finished but I will come up with another version within the next few days where I will do some minor changes and I will update some more FA pitchers, too.

The most FA pitchers that are rated above 70 are edited anyway.