Wudl's Rating Edited Roster (Beta)

wudl83

Yes thanks I found it. :)

Over the last 2 hours I finally erased all the remaining fake players on AL East teams. Right now every AL East franchise only consists of real players. I have not edited the ratings of those players or their color but they have eal names, real positions and real birth dates at least.

I think I continue doing this for alle remaining teams first. Maybe in my next update I can give you a version that has only real players on every MLB team on the MLB roster, in the AAA, the AA and A. As long as I do not have to edit the ratings I only need about 20-40 minutes for one team to edit the fake players depending on how many there are on each team.

The NL Central now only has real minor leaguers, too. Real colors and rating edits are lacking, this will come later. Names, birthdates, positions, bat side and throw arms are real. The complete roster is coming closer and closer.

:clapping:

Funny:

I played a game with LAA (Blanton) vs. the Royals (Mendoza) like it will take place this evening. It was my first shutout since a long long time and I won 2-0. Really strange game. I did not draw one single walk, got both runs off Mendoza on 6 hits in 6 innings. After that the Royals brought in Tim Collins and I wasn't able to get one single baserunner in the next 3 innings. He struck me out 7 times (I struck out 14 times overall :crazy: ). Blanton was sharp. The Royals had the bases loaded in the 8th with one out. Then I brought in Scott Downs and with his strong sinker I induced a double play off Moustakas. In the 9th Frieri secured the win with his save.

After I am done with full real name minor leaguers, what do you guys want me to do next?

1) Edit the ratings of the minor leaguers?

2) Edit the ratings of the MLB players (using updated ZIPS projections) to reflect current performances better?

After I am done with full real name minor leaguers, what do you guys want me to do next?

1) Edit the ratings of the minor leaguers?

2) Edit the ratings of the MLB players (using updated ZIPS projections) to reflect current performances better?

#2!.. Better to focus on MLB.

Side question: Is it possible to edit player stats to refect 2012 season stats... I notice players' numbers are from 2011 season.

I see. Thx 4 reply.

Must have something to do with 2012 being the starting year.

I read a little bit over at OS and now I really wonder what's the sense behind power splits for batters as far as they don't switch-hit.

I think I will do the missing minor leaguers next and then we will see how much free time I got and depending on that I gonna decide what I will do going on editing. Doing this thing alone is really time consuming. But I like doing it. :)

Sadly I still haven't edited a bunch of contracts. :sad:

Hi there. I just found out about all your hard work and wanted to thank you on a job well done. I did roster editing like this on old High Heat 2003 for about three years so I really appreciate the effort. I especially appreciate Houston moving to the AL. Thank you very much.

Intermediate state:

- all AL West/Central/East and all NL West franchises contain now real minor leaguers (correct names, positions, birth dates, batting side/throwing arm)

- huge update of the Astros' minor league system (complete ratings, accurate faces, and so on)

- kept transactions up to date and added missing players (like Burch Smith, SD)

I think I gonna release the next version, which will be fake a name-free version (!), over the Whitsun fest.

Intermediate state:

- all AL West/Central/East and all NL West franchises contain now real minor leaguers (correct names, positions, birth dates, batting side/throwing arm)

- huge update of the Astros' minor league system (complete ratings, accurate faces, and so on)

- kept transactions up to date and added missing players (like Burch Smith, SD)

I think I gonna release the next version, which will be fake a name-free version (!), over the Whitsun fest.

Send me that version, I have something I want to include on there since the roster handles uniform slots and IDs for those slots ;)

I also tested out a new rating system for hitting and right now I am really really satisfied with the results it produces. Ingame it plays even a little better and the OVR (even of the minor leaguers) looks very nice, too. I used the updated steam/zips projections for it.

I also tested out a new rating system for hitting and right now I am really really satisfied with the results it produces. Ingame it plays even a little better and the OVR (even of the minor leaguers) looks very nice, too. I used the updated steam/zips projections for it.

I managed to reorganize all of the uniform slots in the game and give them proper uniform IDs (home, road, alt, etc). However, I'm becoming aware that this presents two problems. One, it invalidates every colorlist because the slots are different/moved around, and 2. Any old colorlist imported from any mod would throw everything off because of the new realignment.

This is giving me a headache. I think I'll lay down.

The NL Central now only has real minor leaguers, too. Real colors and rating edits are lacking, this will come later. Names, birthdates, positions, bat side and throw arms are real. The complete roster is coming closer and closer.

:clapping:

Funny:

I played a game with LAA (Blanton) vs. the Royals (Mendoza) like it will take place this evening. It was my first shutout since a long long time and I won 2-0. Really strange game. I did not draw one single walk, got both runs off Mendoza on 6 hits in 6 innings. After that the Royals brought in Tim Collins and I wasn't able to get one single baserunner in the next 3 innings. He struck me out 7 times (I struck out 14 times overall :crazy: ). Blanton was sharp. The Royals had the bases loaded in the 8th with one out. Then I brought in Scott Downs and with his strong sinker I induced a double play off Moustakas. In the 9th Frieri secured the win with his save.

At least you're fared better than the real Angels. :)

Quick question Wudl, why is Ryan Braun the highest ranked player in the game with a 99 overall and Miguel Cabrera's has dropped to 96 or 97, yet he's leading the majors in RBI's and has the second highest batting average? Unless you're factoring in defense and other intangibles.

Because I can not calculate the OVR. The game calculates the OVR. Simple as that. There always will be odd OVRs and no one can avoid them as far as you want to have realistic ratings (I mean specific ratings like contact and so on, not the overall rating). The OVR system of 2k is decent but still not the best one.

When you look at Cabrera he got 93 contact (93 vs R, 92 vs L) and 94 power (94 vs R, 93 vs L). Then look at Braun: 89 contact (88 vs R, 91 vs L) and 89 power (88 vs R, 91 vs L). Looking to the OVR via this way then Braun's OVR is too high and Miggies too low.

But for OVR calculating 2k is including fielding and baserunning speed, too and although Braun is not the best fielder in the world he is still better than Cabrera. And he is way quicker, too. That's the explanation for your question.

Like I said the rating system is decent but it would have had room for improvement.

When you look at some OVRs you will notice that often the CF have higher ratings than corner OFs. In most cases this is caused by the higher speed of the CFs compared to the corner OFs. E.g. in my new version Pence (RF) and Pagan (CF) will both have 85 OVR although Pagan's power is nearly 20 points lower than Pence' power. But he is way faster.

And the OVR always has to do with the primary position of a player. E.g. when Gregor Blanco (with the same ratings) has an OVR of 77 when I give him CF as primary position, but he only is an 73 LF when I give him LF as primary position (still same ratings).

I think we have two options:

1) We can make the individual ratings in a way that mainly the OVR reflects real life performance. Then gameplay realism will suffer.

2) We can make the individual ratings in a way that they reflect the real life performance. Then gameplay realism won't suffer but the OVR system will.

But since the OVR is not too important IMO I strictly go version 2).