Scoreboards - Tv For Mlb2K12 V 1.1

exrxixxx

Okay, please keep in mind that as I’ve told you many times, I absolutely love the work, so these are not criticisms but rather ideas and suggestions to improve upon what you’ve done. There are some things that I’m not sure are possible, so that may explain a lot and I understand that you have to deal with certain limitations.

I guess the most significant question I have is about whether the horizontal row that displays on the right, with the Contact and Power info, can be moved to the left side underneath the main scoreboard creating what would become a three-level object.

post-96698-0-56874200-1366631095_thumb.p

Then there is the issue of how the scoreboard displays information about the previous pitch.

1 – Prior to the pitch and as the pitch is delivered, the count is displayed.

post-96698-0-25199400-1366631103_thumb.p

2 – After the result of the pitch, we see either “Ball” or “Strike” where the count was.

post-96698-0-73011000-1366631159_thumb.p

3 – Then we quickly see the speed of that last pitch in the same location.

post-96698-0-83354100-1366631146_thumb.p

4 – And as things reset for the next pitch, the cycle returns to display the new count.

post-96698-0-39318900-1366631152_thumb.p

Regardless of whether the Power and Contact info can be moved over to the left side, would it be possible to display this information about each pitch below the scoreboard on the left side as I have previously suggested in my 3 Phase Repeating Cycle? Phase 1 is the display as in #1 above prior to the pitch and as the pitch is delivered. Phase 2 displays the Pitch Type, the Speed of the pitch and the Result of the pitch all in one place at one time (with the count and Pitch Count updated). Phase 3 returns to the next instance of Phase 1 with the new count and new pitch count reflected. If the Power and Contact bar cannot be moved over, then this request would simply be to create Phase 2 of my 3 Phase Cycle.

post-96698-0-43234200-1366631140_thumb.p

MAJOR ADVANTAGES OF THIS APPROACH:

1) The Ball/Strike and mph info goes so quickly in the present version that it's often there and gone before you see it. With the 3 Phases it would sit in a stable position for a bit longer.

2) The current method doesn't show the pitch type up top in the scoreboard. The 3 Phases includes this right next to the other relevant information.

3) If you can get this to swap in and out of the same position (or near it) in a third level below the other scoreboard info, we would be able to see the Power and Contact numbers for the batter as we prepare for each new pitch within a single at bat. In past years, 2K used to show that info throughout the at bat, but now they show it just once before the first pitch and then you don't see it again. We should see that prior to every pitch.

One of the biggest criticisms of MLB 2K12 was that they sped up the process between pitches WAY too much. This resulted in less of an opportunity to view information like what I'm describing here. What I'm proposing would allow for a better chance to see this data and keep it on the screen for longer stretches of time. The end result would be a much smoother pacing feel and flow to the game.

There was a time when I was jealous because The Show was only available for PS. And I don't own one.

But work like yours makes the jealousy go away quicker than ever.

Since all those cool mods came out this year MLB 2k12 looks like a whole new game.

Yes, I am readfing all posts. Thanks GL GL GL

QBRICK 808 - regarding moving batter stats I will answer in more detailed manier laer, but mainly I want to keep scoreboard as it is in original (witout addiditional elements).

For now just shortly can say:

- yes, batter stats bar can be moved anywhere

- don't forget it is not steady - it change it's height when "Bad matchup with a picthcer"

- "Ball/Strike and mph info goes so quickly in the present version"- I did not change anything, timing is the same as default 2K scoreboard

- You can't swap phases timing 1,2,3 to 2,1,3, etc - max can be done is disbaling a phase, but this will only mean that nothing will be shown during it's time

- Ball / Changeup / 85 MPH can not be displayed at the same

- "The current method doesn't show the pitch type" - iit is still shown, just you can't see it through fielding indicator. Some longer pitch names (like knucklecurveballlllll overlays home team score slightly)

Edited by exrxixxx

Yes, I am readfing all posts. Thanks GL GL GL

QBRICK 808 - regarding moving batter stats I will answer in more detailed manier laer, but mainly I want to keep scoreboard as it is in original (witout addiditional elements).

For now just shortly can say:

- yes, batter stats bar can be moved anywhere

- don't forget it is not steady - it change it's height when "Bad matchup with a picthcer"

- "Ball/Strike and mph info goes so quickly in the present version"- I did not change anything, timing is the same as default 2K scoreboard

- You can't swap phases timing 1,2,3 to 2,1,3, etc - max can be done is disbaling a phase, but this will only mean that nothing will be shown during it's time

- Ball / Changeup / 85 MPH can not be displayed at the same

- "The current method doesn't show the pitch type" - iit is still shown, just you can't see it through fielding indicator. Some longer pitch names (like knucklecurveballlllll overlays home team score slightly)

Okay... I understand what you're saying. The problem with clearly seeing the display of Ball/Strike and the Pitch Speed could also be related to the smaller size of those characters on the screen compared to the original version, so that may just take some getting used to.

By the way, the issue with 100 mph pitches is still there... only the last two digits display so a 102 mph pitch shows as "02 mph."

Regarding the Contact and Power numbers for the batter... even if you don't move them from the current position on the right side, can you make it so they display before every pitch of an at bat instead of just the first pitch?

Finally, I've been playing with the mod for an hour or so and I've noticed that the number portion of the Pitch Count sometimes does not appear. I've been trying to isolate the circumstances when it happens but I haven't narrowed it down just yet. One example of this occurs when a pitcher throws over to a base to keep a runner close to the bag. After that happens, for the remainder of the at bat, the number of pitches above or below the Outs indicator remains blank. There are several other cases like this when the number of pitches just goes away from the display and doesn't return until the next batter (even if that means 5 or 6 more pitches to the batter who is already at the plate).

With the presence of the new Pitch Counter, it would seem that the pitch count that is shown by default at the start of each new at bat (with the pitcher's name temporarily replacing the team name abbreviation) is no longer necessary and could be turned off (if you can do that).

One other observation: is there any specific reason that you moved the replay watermark from the lower left to the upper right corner?

I'd say the two key things to look at are showing the Power & Contact numbers before all pitches, and getting the number of Pitches thrown to show all of the time. Even between at bats when the number of pitches seems to naturally disappear for a bit sometimes, it would be preferable if the number remained visible.

Again, everything is suggested or proposed with the understanding that some things may not be possible, but I'd guess that a lot of the stuff I'm talking about is.

Continue the great work... it's very much appreciated and really high quality.

I will put all my strenght to make PITCH COUNT to BE SHOWN at one spot (as in original).

Maybe during these searches will find something more. but generally you can't change algorythm in scoreboard file. If algoryth tells to activatee pitch cound only after the pitch is selected, you can't see it earlier. After it is activate, then it is not dissactivated by default but moved to unvisible place at default scoreboard and as you see I've got lucky to force it not to hide anymore after it was activated.

But as I said - activation of element is totally different thing and is most likely regulated by some other files.

Regarding Power/Contact numbers - I hope this is always activated when a new batter is set (just moved outside the screen probaly), so if yes, it could be possible to dipslay it permanently, but it is too early to confirm that.

I also hope that more stats are hidden and could be puleed to the middle of the screen. I am especcialy interested in ERA and batting average to bo displayed for current duel.

Still need to fix english.iff file (some problems with 4 seam fastball - I think it only shows "Seam")

But I am glad it shows "K" instead of "StrikeOut" now (we don't have room for such long word here).

Plus I can't do 100 mph to be displayed correctly, because the format is "Fastball 100 mph" - word "Fastball" is under fielding indicator. If I fit number "100" to tjhe box, then it displays badly "Fastball 98mph" - It shows "LL 98 mph"

Edited by exrxixxx

Regarding watermark - yes, I moved it to top right corner as in original.

Screenshot is is few post above.

I could share dds files for importing if someone is interested - for injecting to global.iff

Personally I don't need dds files like that as I have those images myself.

I was more interested in the method you used to move the watermark image. If it's just another thing you can move around like you've done with so many other elements, than I guess there's no point in having you explain it.

I guess the point is that if you do a FOX Sports version, just to name one example, I suppose you'll see where FOX places their replay watermark icon and do it the way they do it.

I was guessing that FOX might be the next project you tackle after this one is all wrapped up because they air so much more baseball than anyone else. According to my count, 6 MLB teams are broadcast on CSN while FOX Sports broadcasts the games regionally for 14 MLB teams. The other 10 teams break down like this: ROOT Sports 3, MASN 2, STO 1, NESN 1, YES 1, SNY 1, Sportsnet 1.

I was not successful with my attempts to get the Python plug-in working last night. I followed the instructions perfectly, but it would not work. I even uninstalled Blender and installed the most recent version (2.66), but still I can't seem to get the n2km file type to appear as an option on the Add Ons screen (to install the plug-in) or to show up as a choice when I click on Import or Export. I'm totally baffled because it should so obviously work yet it won't.

BEfore answering, some Blender ....

Yes, you are right - you have to see N2KM in IMPORT/EXPORT.

If you see direcotry Pluggins inside Blender root, that does not mean this is true Blender directory.

It might also be dublicated at C:/User/xxx....

It could also be an issue that you have new version.

Try download 2.6.2 (I was ready several about similar problem earlier re. file versions).

This is a nice tool, but useless for scoreboard modding.

IT can't help with other files tho

BEfore answering, some Blender ....

Yes, you are right - you have to see N2KM in IMPORT/EXPORT.

If you see direcotry Pluggins inside Blender root, that does not mean this is true Blender directory.

It might also be dublicated at C:/User/xxx....

It could also be an issue that you have new version.

Try download 2.6.2 (I was ready several about similar problem earlier re. file versions).

This is a nice tool, but useless for scoreboard modding.

IT can't help with other files tho

I can tell you that I pasted those two plug-in files in the directory where the instructions say to, but I also checked and saw that they were present in the C:Users%username%AppDataRoaming... folder. It was just crazy... made no sense at all... seemed like I could import just about any file type which has ever been created EXCEPT n2km!

I'll take a look at 2.6.2 as you suggested.

This is directory where my pluggins are installed, check if this helps

C:Program FilesBlender FoundationBlender.blenderscripts

Yeah, I had the plug-in files in there for both 2.6.4 and 2.6.6... didn't work.

One thing I noticed is that the last modified date on these 2 plug-in files is November 2009. Any possibility they are out of date, or should those still be good?

There was a time when I was jealous because The Show was only available for PS. And I don't own one.

But work like yours makes the jealousy go away quicker than ever.

Since all those cool mods came out this year MLB 2k12 looks like a whole new game.

I couldn't agree more! There is no comparison and it only keeps getting better!

Ya, that is OK. Everything is in order

Alright, that's good. Just wanted to know.

btw, this is very well done, and I appreciate this. I may use this as my primary scoreboard, unless you come up with a genius way to get another station's scoreboard up and running. (Not trying to rush you, of course. ;)

Hm...I don't think my thing processed correctly. The pitch count is below the outs, not with the pitches section. Here's a pic (not sure if it's visible):

I noticed that when the number is below the outs its the home team pitch count, when its above the outs it's the away team.

Thanks for this Overlay exrxixxx, This as an amazing Mod, You ROCK!! I combined this Mod with the MLB Experience Overlays and it looks awesome. I changed the CSN to the MLB logo.

post-37019-0-65623300-1366680301_thumb.j

Looking good ex, you're getting there. Question, where does the name of the pitch show up ? I use pitcher view and do not control the players, just set lineups etc and play/watch the game. The box changes to the mph, but the orginal scoreboard listed the name of the pitch thrown. No big deal if you took that part out, I am just trying to see if i am missing it. Thanks

Thank you sir. I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure because you listed fixes to the names of the pitches in ver 1.1. They only show the mph on tv anyway, so it is more realistic. Are you going to reposition the contact/power bar or leave it off to the right where it is ? It would probably look good coming out of your main scoreboard on the right side and then appearing to go back in before the pitch, if you are able to move it. Thanks for getting back to me and for your great work on this.

Thank you sir. I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure because you listed fixes to the names of the pitches in ver 1.1. They only show the mph on tv anyway, so it is more realistic. Are you going to reposition the contact/power bar or leave it off to the right where it is ? It would probably look good coming out of your main scoreboard on the right side and then appearing to go back in before the pitch, if you are able to move it. Thanks for getting back to me and for your great work on this.

Batters stats can be moved, but I am not working for it right now