New Infield Dirt And Sky Textures

picklebrad

Recently have been tinkering around with a ton of .dds files almost to the point of an obsession! I will be uploading some screenshots soon as I have not posted any mods on here yet. I used to be a texture artist at EA and don't mind making your 2K experiences as good as my own. I have been working on my own Kris Medlen CF as well.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Your services would be very much appreciated. Having someone with your skills will continue to make this game even better. Have you come across the .dds file for Mock necks? I would love to see some one be able to modify the texture of the mock neck and the turtle necks options. They currently look terrible. It would be really cool if someone could get the nike logo on the mock neck option as well. Just some ideas. Thanks again and I look forward to your work.

Alright everyone. Here are some screen shots of my Turner Field adjusted dirt and sky textures (partly cloudy). However for some reason throughout play, the dirt gets lighter and I have searched and searched to see what causes this. It must be some encrypted file that I cannot seem to get to. If anyone has any clue as to why this is happening, please by all means let me know. Also I want to give props to some modders that helped make other aspects of the stadium gorgeous. Updated field color,walls,night time lighting was done by kccitystar. Field logo by sixers85 ads were done by dennisjames and DonSPa. If you have any questions or an idea as to help with the dirt problem please reply or PM me. Thanks and God bless and happy modding!8661806958_d03cedccfd_c.jpg8660718555_0902c51fdd_c.jpg8660717011_0b329da1f8_c.jpg8660711813_6ac642451f_c.jpg8660715401_09872ab414_c.jpg8661814546_32196e1e3c_c.jpg8660708619_31d713f354_c.jpg

Edited by picklebrad

Looks like a new game. Amazing.

Thanks man. I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the work that everyone has done to make this game better. I absolutely HATE the gameplay of The Show and am a PC gamer all the way anyways. I really hope 2K looks at our mods and realizes the half *** job that they did on such a popular game and realize the potential that it had! Still looking for the mock and turtle neck files but nowhere to be found. I don't give up easily though.

Thank you. Your services would be very much appreciated. Having someone with your skills will continue to make this game even better. Have you come across the .dds file for Mock necks? I would love to see some one be able to modify the texture of the mock neck and the turtle necks options. They currently look terrible. It would be really cool if someone could get the nike logo on the mock neck option as well. Just some ideas. Thanks again and I look forward to your work.

Thanks man. I really think we all will end up making The Show bow down to us and let us sleep with their wives...ok...took that a little far. Anyhow, no i have not seen the mock or turtle neck files. I figured they would be in the global.iff somewere. I am also looking for the crowd models. If we could find them, back them up, then delete some of the models, it would be much more realistic during games to not have a sold out crowd (especially Houston and Miami)! Dunno what I'm getting myself into, but that's just how deep I think when it comes to realism. LOL :crazy: Edited by picklebrad

This is great stuff! Regarding the dirt color changing -- I think it's set up to look like it was just hosed down by the grounds crew at the beginning of the game, and then progressively dries out as the game wears on.

That's what I was thinking as well. It just seems to dry up way too fast IMO.

Looks great. I'm always amazed at why 2KSports couldn't do this themselves.

Because it's all about the stinking consoles. Playing the Show then MLB2k12 on my PC theirs no comparison. The show has a vaseline smear to it and the jaggies are everywhere.

Great looking upcoming mods picklebrad they look great and you will be a welcomed addition to the modding community.

This is great stuff! Regarding the dirt color changing -- I think it's set up to look like it was just hosed down by the grounds crew at the beginning of the game, and then progressively dries out as the game wears on.

PB.

That is the situation with the color change. i have watched it in all the games i have played. It starts out with the wet marks in the infield and "dries" and gets lighter over the next few innings. It seems to br dried by the 4th or 5th inning of the games if that will help you looking for the codes.

The pics look great by the way. Thank you for your work.

Use texmod and cycle through the textures. It's how I found the file that handles the shadows that I just can't find in the stadium's .IFF files.

Ok. I will definitely check that out. There are some textures that PS will not open that I am almost positive will change some of what I've been searching for. Hopefully texmod will be able to open these. Thanks bro!

Use texmod and cycle through the textures. It's how I found the file that handles the shadows that I just can't find in the stadium's .IFF files.

Ok. I will definitely check that out. There are some textures that PS will not open that I am almost positive will change some of what I've been searching for. Hopefully texmod will be able to open these. Thanks bro!

Very true. I will mess around with it when I get a chance. I'm thinking that the timing of the dirt drying is in the code and not the design part however.

Not sure if this will be helpful information... Note that when you save a game and then resume it later, the dirt/batters boxes always revert to 1st inning conditions, regardless of what inning the game is in upon resumption.

Not sure if this will be helpful information... Note that when you save a game and then resume it later, the dirt/batters boxes always revert to 1st inning conditions, regardless of what inning the game is in upon resumption.

That could turn out to be very helpful in this context, but doesn't it say a ton more about the approach used by the designers of the game?

That has to be added to the long list of LAME elements in the way they went about writing the code and paying attention to detail.

Jeez!!

That actually is helpful information. I've also noticed that when you sim partially through a game it doesn't dry up as fast. Therefore it must be time based, not by inning. Hmmmmm Edited by picklebrad

About the sky textures...I'd definitely love to help out when you get to that ;)

Thanks man. That would be awesome. I can't seem to find a high enough resolution of what I want without it getting blown out or pixelated. I would like a realistic "fluffy" cloud look without being too saturated or the wrong shade of blue. I'll post some tests tomorrow. In the meantime, I think I nailed Fenway's dirt.

Thanks man. That would be awesome. I can't seem to find a high enough resolution of what I want without it getting blown out or pixelated. I would like a realistic "fluffy" cloud look without being too saturated or the wrong shade of blue. I'll post some tests tomorrow. In the meantime, I think I nailed Fenway's dirt.

You would have to try and look at skybox textures. Panoramic ones, to be exact. They're so hard to find online without a sun in them.

cgskies.com unfortunately they didn't use true HDR lightning in this game... Oh 2K why are you so far behind the curve? Im gonna try and make my own with a gradient and then add multiple layers of high res clouds until it looks right. I will offset it so it won't have a seam.

Ok. I believe I have mastered the dirt at Turner Field. I played a game without simming and the dirt didn't really start drying up until about the 7th inning! Also I have created a much more realistic grass texture that I layered overtop of KC's already brilliant color schemes. I will upload my completely modded Fenway and Turner field for you all to try out and test for me. I'm really excited for the feedback and thank you all for welcoming me to this amazing community!

Also, I have only been able to adjust the contrast, brightness and texture of the dirt. I would like to find a way to make it that "Clay" color that most parks are using this year. Any suggestions?

Edited by picklebrad