Mvp 13 The Show Official Roster

GoRedSox34

it really depends on how updated your cyberfaces are. because if you are using the 08 mod "out of the box" without any updates, you will probably have alot of wrong faces and most likely some crashing issues.

I haven't touched the cyberfaces, so they are the ones that came with the original MVP 08. Can you recommend a cyberface package that would allow me to use your rosters without issue?

I haven't touched the cyberfaces, so they are the ones that came with the original MVP 08. Can you recommend a cyberface package that would allow me to use your rosters without issue?

Based on the fact that you said you'd wind up starting a new dynasty (although I'm not 100% sure what you meant by your team not letting you leave), I'd assume you'd probably just have to knuckle under and make a separate install for MVP '12, since I think the cyberface changes -- in addition to the fact that GoRedSox34 used KyleB's ID list to generate the roster -- would be too difficult to go in and fix piece by piece. Or, well, maybe not difficult, but certainly a lot more time than I'd say it's worth. I'm no expert, though; can anyone back me up on this?

Based on the fact that you said you'd wind up starting a new dynasty (although I'm not 100% sure what you meant by your team not letting you leave)

I'm in year 8 of a dynasty (my 3rd contract term). Usually when a contract ends the club gives you the option to Accept a new deal or Leave. I was given options the last two times my contract came up. But now (I simmed forward to see) when my contract is up they simply don't give the option to leave.

All it says is:

"Your contract has been extended"

Over, and over, and over (fast-forwarded through the next 3 seasons to check).

I'm in year 8 of a dynasty (my 3rd contract term). Usually when a contract ends the club gives you the option to Accept a new deal or Leave. I was given options the last two times my contract came up. But now (I simmed forward to see) when my contract is up they simply don't give the option to leave.

All it says is:

"Your contract has been extended"

Over, and over, and over (fast-forwarded through the next 3 seasons to check).

Got it. I've never gotten far enough into a season to know that... maybe it's from my old Fantasy Draft days playing Madden, but I my attention span doesn't last longer than a couple of seasons, haha. That in mind, though, if you're going to just start a new dynasty to play with this roster -- like I said, I'd probably just recommend you make a new install with the MVP '12 TC as long as you have the hard drive real estate to spare. Yankee4Life has a really easy guide on how to do this here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=43843.

If you're dead-set on sticking with your MVP '08 dynasty without the need for an additional MVP installation, I'm not sure if that's possible (or even how to start to fix that). I do know that, when I've had old saves from previous rosters/TCs that have carried over to newer installations, the rosters have stayed the same (I believe the roster data is preserved in the Dynasty/Owner file). For example, before nani1379's awesome rehashing of Target Field, I used dennisjames' CAS version, which was just an owner mode save with the stadium fully upgraded. When I've loaded that Owner Mode save, the MVP '08 roster is preserved, even though I've used the CAS Target Field on the MVP '12 install. You *might* be able to just copy your Dynasty save from your MVP folder in My Documents to the MVP '12 directory, but I'm not sure how that would handle crashing/cyberfaces and whatnot.

Edited by inflamedpersona

v1.2 now uploaded.

• Minor League Transactions COMPLETE
  • Many equipment updates
  • .sav file included with updated potential ratings (place in your My Documents / MVP Baseball 2005 folder)
  • mbe file for MVPedit users included (for personal roster updating)