Windows 8 And Mvpedit

metalboy15

Have been out of the game for about 6 or maybe 7 years now, couple of weeks ago I got the itch to install MVP05 again, the thing is, I honestly can't play this game without a roster set of my own (very nitpicky about everything), so I just downloaded MVPEdit, installed just fine, but it won't execute, Windows 8 gives me this message:

4kbj3d.png

Already tried running it in Windows XP SP2 Compatibility mode.

Any thoughts?

Have been out of the game for about 6 or maybe 7 years now, couple of weeks ago I got the itch to install MVP05 again, the thing is, I honestly can't play this game without a roster set of my own (very nitpicky about everything), so I just downloaded MVPEdit, installed just fine, but it won't execute, Windows 8 gives me this message:

4kbj3d.png

Already tried running it in Windows XP SP2 Compatibility mode.

Any thoughts?

google that message and you should find a solution for it. it's been around even on xp.

From: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7NMoIxBsmoMJ:www.majorgeeks.com/faqshow.php%3Fid%3D8+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

Sometime certain Microsoft Libraries can become unregistered when installing and uninstalling a lot of software. One very common problem is the MSCOMCTL.OCX.

To correct the error, first search your drive for MSCOMCTL.OCX to see if you have it. If not you can download it from HERE

The file should be placed in your C:WINDOWSSYSTEM directory. Or, if you are C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32 if you are using WinXP.

Once it is there click START--> RUN and type "REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX" (No quotes) in the box.

That should fix the problem.

Thanks for help mate, much appreciated.

I did have to modify the command though, you actually have to type the exact directory the .ocx file is located at, I had to type:

"regsvr32 C:WindowsSysWow64MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Worked perfectly after that (I did have to repeat that process for another .ocx file).

Let the roster modding begin!