Baseup! Rosters 2013 ~ Phase 1

Gordo

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BaseUp! Rosters 2013 ~ Phase 1C

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 08 May 2013

File Category: Rosters

Version: 1.2

First off, tremendous thanks to Kyleb (Total Conversion organizer/modder extraordinaire) who worked diligently on contributing, refining and troubleshooting this roster set!!

Also a thanks to arkey and toleton whose previous rosters were used for some player guidance as well as Jim825 for his assistance with troubleshooting !!

*** works best with MVP08 and MVP12 TC Mods

*** INSTALLATION:

Place all 19 .dat files from the zip file into your MVP baseball subfolder

• All pertinent transactions made to 05.07.13

• Adjusted contact/power numbers for proper splits based on recent avgs. through 2012 (primarily MLB)

• Updated hot/cold zones for every player who played in a nominal amount of 2012 MLB games (source: MLB GameDay)

• All MLB starters and relievers (with nominal appearances) given adjusted control numbers based on 2012 ERA as well as adjustments for accurate pitch types and speeds

• Speed adjusted for necessary players

• Improved Catchers’ throwing attributes based on 2012 throw out percentages

• AAA teams with complete 25 man rosters (AA and Single A teams with generic rosters) producing less chance of season/franchise/owner freezes

• Houston Astros placed in the AL West

• FA Pool highly streamlined

• Significantly injured players available for reinsertion directly from FA pool (list inc.)

**It is highly recommended before starting a season/franchise/owner mode that you go into roster management and select “reset rosters”. You do not have to save the roster. Upon starting a season/franchise/owner mode, select “YES” under “Use Default Rosters”.

** Please leave reviews in the review section and problems/questions in the support thread

Click here to download this file

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What mode is crashing for you? What Total Conversion are you using? Did you select "reset rosters" as indicated? I have successfully simmed through entire seasons with multiple teams with injuries and suspensions on.

Plus something is most likely wrong with your models.big file. Allen Craig is cyberface 810, so I would assume that you have something installed incorrectly or you're not using one of the Total Conversion mods.

dqm9c.jpg

Sorry gents, but with all the confusion I forgot to put the illustrious Shane Reynolds (Mr. Im Needed for Mini-Games To Work), but this is an easy correction:

1. Go into you MVP 2005 Directory

2. Open data folder

3. Open database folder

4. Double click attrib.dat file

5. Open with Notepad

6. Scroll down (or search for “Reynolds”) and paste the following code in its correct alphabetical ordered spot:

0f844e070,0 Shane,1 Reynolds,2 37,3 0,4 0,5 0,6 10,7 27,8 115,9 29,10 244,11 1,12 0,13 0,14 0,15 0,16 1,17 743,18 1,19 5,20 11,21 0,22 0,23 43,24 12,25 11,26 10,27 10,28 2,29 0,30 0,31 1,32 1,33 0,34 0,35 0,36 0,37 0,38 2,39 0,40 2,41 1,42 0,43 0,44 0,45 7391,;

7. Save and close notepad

I'll make sure he's in the next batch.

Guys having mismatched face problems can try to find a cyberface in the DL section. Of course, if it seems out of place and the person should not have a unique cyberface, let me know that as well so I can correct it for the next version.

I have Allen Craig with a black face as well, using MVP 12 TC. If that is the only issue, I'm completely happy though.

This will be a cyberface issue that you will have to correct, it is not related to the roster file.

Roster works just fine for me, no crashes at all, I only added some cyberfaces (Chris Nelson, Pedro Ciriaco to name a few), Kyleb assigned the official ID, and added some players who miss the cut in this roster version (Austin Kearns, Sam Fuld), about the Craig´s face i think the guy has the wrong number assigned

Fuld is definitely a better choice for Tampa's roster than Guyer. I think there was just so many delays in getting this roster out, therefore missed.

Kearns I believe came up because of so many injuries for the Marlins. He was only Single A at best last year and wasn't on any other roster at the beginning of this year..... well known, but a necessary omission.

Not unless they would actually be in a AAA slot (which they presently are not). There's only 25 slots per team as I'm sure you know, so who would get bumped? However, the plan at this point for the 2013 TC mod is for MLB through Single A if it can all work out. Therefore, I'm not sure how many separate rosters will be published throughout the season once the TC mod is released, though there will most likely minimally be All-Star break and Trade Deadline versions.

If you know how to use MVPedit, you can grab an existing roster file in the DL section that could have those 2 players and import them to the BaseUp! Rosters if you want.

What mode is crashing for you? What Total Conversion are you using? Did you select "reset rosters" as indicated? I have successfully simmed through entire seasons with multiple teams with injuries and suspensions on.

Plus something is most likely wrong with your models.big file. Allen Craig is cyberface 810, so I would assume that you have something installed incorrectly or you're not using one of the Total Conversion mods.

dqm9c.jpg

I am using the MVP 12 TCM. It freezes up on April 14th for me in Dynasty mode and Owner mode. And yes, I selected "Reset Rosters" and chose to use the default rosters when starting them up.

I can't tell you why Allen Craig's face is black. However, I have installed 3 different roster updates over the past few days because they all kept freezing up on me (except it was on April 12th for those). Maybe it has something to do with that. I copied and pasted all the .dat files into my database folder like the mod told me to. Perhaps I should use TIT instead?

Didn't work. Craig and Ross' face are already set at 810 and 806 for me. I installed with TIT and it didn't do anything.

It's okay though, I'm just going to change Craig to a generic face. My main problem is Dynasty/Owner mode freezing.

I've checked, and the MVP 12 mod with nothing but the two patches installed works flawlessly. No freezing up in Dynasty/Owner Mode. I even loaded up the save file for these rosters, and then it started freezing again. So, it has to do with these rosters. I'm just not sure if it's on my end, your end, or both.

Well, it stands to reason that it is on your end because like I've said, I've simmed through multiple seasons flawlessly and just produced a picture of Allen Craig's cyberface correctly installed. You can tell me who the Braves players are, but I would pretty much guarantee that they'll be showing up correctly. The other thing is no one else so far is indicating these symptoms. The other possibility is that if you are installing any of Jogar's cyberfaces, he doesn't use cyber ID nos. from the official list.

Also, don't overwrite the existing rosters (from TC 12 or any other you may have in there). Delete the 19 .dat files then unzip the roster in the correct subfolder. Once in game, go into roster management, hit "reset roster", then try your owner mode/franchise.

I've uploaded a tweaked version of the roster. See change log.

Also, please don't flood a thread with consecutive posts.... just edit your existing post and someone will respond to you. Thanks.

Tried what you said, still didn't work. I'm aware that it's, in all probability, on my end. I'm just f'ing something up one or another. Just trying to figure out where.

EDIT: Could it have anything to do with Official Patch #5 for MVP 2005? I installed that before I installed MVP 12 (it said it recommended at least Patch #2 installed). I've read that the patch can cause problems because of a broken file or something. But, it doesn't make sense why standard MVP 12 would work with it but not these rosters.

Edited by CyYoung31