It Looks Like The Patch Was Released

crowe1

It's a wonder how some people still have jobs. I bet this patch has been out for a while, but for some strange reason it was never released.

All files inside exe are made 3rd and 4th of May'13.

2-3 more weeks in Qyallity Assurance and it is released,

The reasons why patch was not released a year ago is very understandable.

Piracy.

By not updating the game with a patch 2K gives a clear sign they will not develope their games for PC, at least this is not a first priority system.

No pc patch - no pc gamers - more sold Xbox/PS3 copies.

If I'd work at 2K I would do exactly the same

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has nothing to do with piracy IMO. Although the patches for Xbox and PS3 came out very late, too, the release date of the PC patch simply is a joke. They more or less have buried the PC version last year as they saw that they weren't selling enough copies. That's also the reason why there was not 2k13 for PC. They are traditionally very laze/late regarding patches. It's the same with the NBA series.

Why should they bother piracy when nobody is interested in the game whatsoever?

Why should they bother piracy when nobody is interested in the game whatsoever?

I think they had estimation how many users should be XBOX/PS3/PC.

By no doubt PC estimated quanitity and actually sold copies maybe are in ratio 1:10 I believe.

Therefore maybe there are no workers at all at 2K who are responsible for PC :)

ok here what i did. i dont have the game installed by the natural default install, havent for awhile of mess up i had with the game did, and for it to run, it doesnt half to be there, its dids all its pafiles together and the exe point in the right place. now i left the name of the folder from here its suppose defalut to, becase the exe patch we got looks for it, i left that folder clean, nothing there, not even the exe, ran the patch exe, and the delfaut folder is where it goes to. then add back in all the files fro the other folder and im right back where i need to be, and its running with and date changes as of the first test. so if have mods including the new scored boards, like csn, try this way it shold run and scroe board should work, it is for me.

I think they had estimation how many users should be XBOX/PS3/PC.

By no doubt PC estimated quanitity and actually sold copies maybe are in ratio 1:10 I believe.

Therefore maybe there are no workers at all at 2K who are responsible for PC :)

They knew from the years before that they won't sell many PC copies. That's why lots of people even years ago waited for 2k to stop their PC series. :D I remember debates about that back in 2011. :D

I'm not sure if it's a placebo affect but I feel the game plays better too now? Can anyone confirm this?

patc1.jpg

compearing old/new data section in mlb.exe, we see there are hundreds of modifications (look at bottom of the pic, "Matched" data and "Different", and look at scroll bar on the right how deep it can be scrolled).

I think these changes covers not only date fix

Patch includes only 1 file. MLB2k12.exe

It has direct effect on modded scoreboards. but will not affect CSN v3.3 without stats and below (if I remember well)

also make a copy of the whole directory in order quickly recover losses if they occur

patc1.jpg

compearing old/new data section in mlb.exe, we see there are hundreds of modifications (look at bottom of the pic, "Matched" data and "Different", and look at scroll bar on the right how deep it can be scrolled).

I think these changes covers not only date fix

Thank you for confirming this, glad it wasn't just me noticing the improved gameplay! Game plays much better now but the patch should've been released much earlier, at least sometime last year lol

I can't seem to connect with the 2K servers to get rosters or do the MLB Today. Anyone else having problem logging on now. I haven't played since I installed the patch. Have there servers been down?

Man, I have to disconnect my internet to play the game, otherwise the game just plain don't work.

I can't seem to connect with the 2K servers to get rosters or do the MLB Today. Anyone else having problem logging on now. I haven't played since I installed the patch. Have there servers been down?

Yes, I am. I have not been able to connect for a couple of weeks.

Did anyone else download 2K12 from amazon.com? That's where I got it, although I also have a DVD-ROM version still in the shrink-wrap that I got for 6 bucks on ebay (never hurts to have a backup). Wondering if I'll need to install that to use the patch (which I am still not sure I want to do -- I REALLY like the scoreboard w/stats!).

Hey DS, good to see you around.

I have the original dvd also and it works fine. I didn't lose any mods after patching. What I did was extract the patch from the rar to a separate area and then ran it. When I tried to run from the rar it didn't work. Don't know if you tried that or not, but that worked for me.

added info: I use ex's CSN 3.2 "without stats" version, so my .exe is not modded, it is the original 2k dvd .exe. Don't know if that makes a difference or not, if your .exe is modded.

That's strange -- my downloaded amazon copy was modded up the wazoo, including the scoreboard with stats (really miss the stats now, btw), and I had no problems patching. It did take quite a long time, though. I thought something was wrong but it eventually started to install.

Thank you for confirming this, glad it wasn't just me noticing the improved gameplay! Game plays much better now but the patch should've been released much earlier, at least sometime last year lol

Since this patch, I'm suddenly hitting for average, striking out more opposing batters and winning games. Strange...