Oakland A's 2013 Season: (In Progress)

I'm having so much fun with The Show '13 this year, playing with up to date rosters (transactions updated daily), along with manually playing each game along with the real life schedule, that I've decided to go ahead and post my season from here on out.

I just finished the series against the White Sox (June 9th), so I'll go ahead and post the recap today. Games will be updated daily, and the graphics work will be an ongoing part of the presentation as I move along into the year. This will be the first season I've posted since 2009, so I'm trying to up the bar on graphics, presentation, and an overall simulation experience to engross the reader or anyone who wants to follow. As always, I'm sure the presentation will evolve as the season moves along.

As of now, I'm at 3rd place (3 GB) in the A.L. West behind The Los Angeles Angels (2 GB) and the 1st place Texas Rangers. I will present rosters, lineups, pitching rotation and relievers, along with updated stats and standings in the coming week.

Enjoy and feel free to post at anytime.

2ef6ohu.jpg

30siqsi.jpg

1y8ep0.jpg

fvea2c.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys, appreciate the good words. That said, if any of you have followed a season of mine, you know it's more about the game than the graphics. I've not been in Photoshop lately as much as I should have, so I wanted to try and polish my skills best I could, and through what avenue other than baseball could possibly be better?

Anyway, it's a tight season thus far in the A.L. West. With the good fortune of a 6 game winning streak, I've managed to sneak up within a game of the Angels, but can't seem to get any luck with Texas losing. Playing with the real life rosters (I also control the rosters for all 30 teams) and optimizing lineups throughout the league, Texas is as tough as their real life counterpart. Houston is dancing around .500, surprisingly, and Seattle is down in the cellar at 26-37 @ 11.5 games back.

Losing John Jaso to the 60 Day DL (25 days left) has put somewhat of a thorn at the catcher's position. I was forced to bring up left handed hitting Stephen Vogt to fill the void and platoon with the right handed hitting Derrick Norris. As you can see from the stats on the Catcher's Card, neither one are producing much to this point. Jaso was hitting extremely well but went down in late April.

With Nakajima going down and Jemile Weeks struggling, I decided to bring up Eric Sogard (8 games), and he has absolutely been tearing it up. Definitely the biggest surprise early in the season. If he continues to play like he is, and barring injury, he'll be a staple at second base (Lowrie at SS) for the rest of the season.

5a2b1w.jpg

Moving on, I'm about to open up a 3 game set against the 33-31 (2.5 GB) Yankees at home, who in the game have all their healthy (and steroid free) counterparts. :) I'll post lineup cards in a while, and post the recap later tonight after the game.

Should be a great series.

I'm getting my games played in the early evening, good thing it's just once a day. Busy around here now with kids home for summer. Anyway, Mike, keep me updated on how your season's going. Kinda started this up just to have a place to talk seasons, etc., whatever the game may be that people are playing, but it doesn't look like much is going on in the Franchise Dept. anymore.

You need to retire, I'll send you some of these templates and we'll light up this forum.

:D