Share Your Game Images!

twnlove

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Gather around everyone I have a little story to tell on this very cold Sunday afternoon. You're going to laugh.

Last night I decided to play a little Mvp '05 and I randomly picked the 1941 mod to play my game in. I had the computer take the Philadelphia Athletics (64 - 90, 8th place) and I took the St. Louis Browns ( 70 - 84, 6th place.) Only six games separated these two second division teams.

So, I begin the game. And by the fourth inning I am noticing something. Elden Auker is pitching a no-hitter. He is hitting his spots and throwing strikes. Auker wasn't that bad a pitcher in his career and played for two pennant winners in Detroit in the 1930's. His opponent in this game was Phil Marchildon. This is a guy who had great stuff and would have been a big winner with a better ball club.

So, these were the two guys on the mound and these were two pretty evenly matched teams. You will notice that there are no screen captures for this game and this is something that I am still kicking myself for. You see, I forgot to turn Fraps on. And that is why I can not show everyone the fine running catch by Browns outfielder Joe Grace and Roy Cullenbine's triple to left-center field that set up St. Louis' first run. There were other screen shots and they were all lost because I got so involved with what Auker was doing that I became only concerned with that..

Finally the ninth inning rolled around and I took a break to check out the shots I had already and well, I don't want to say I cried but I came close. :)

I turned on Fraps for the top of the ninth and recorded the game's final batter. I have been playing MVP since it came out eleven years ago and this is my sixth no-hitter I threw. You got to play a lot of games to do that.

One video. Sorry, that's all I had. :(

Elden Auker retires Philadelphia shortstop Al Brancato for the final out. Auker no-hit the Athletics 2 - 0.

The final out of Elden Auker's no-hitter.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Wait a minute. Now I know I need to wear glasses all the time but I could swear that last screen grab is of Jeter in a Red Sox uniform.

3 hours ago, laroquece said:

well I need glasses too, Jeter...Boston uniform...

bd6b1e5141b789cc50a989c6053f9fd26154f989

Maybe in his franchise John Henry gave his 1st born for a Jeter trade??

• 1 month later...

I spent a few hours today on Youtube watching baseball videos and then I started watching baseball fights and I was not surprised to see that David Ortiz was in a lot of these. Even if he didn't get hit by a pitch he was crying about called strikes or anything else he felt like. There was even a film clip of him being ejected right after he hit a single. I'm sure the umpires will not miss this guy at all when he retires at the end of the year.

After watching those videos I suddenly realized that I wanted to hit him too. And that's why I played this game tonight. It helps me forget how bad the Yankees are playing.

Using the 2006 mod, Boston vs. Forum Fanatics, played at Petco Park, San Diego.

01Mvp2006mod.jpg

02Mvp2006mod.jpg

03Mvp2006mod.jpg

04Mvp2006mod.jpg

05Mvp2006mod.jpg

06Mvp2006mod.jpg

07Mvp2006mod.jpg

08Mvp2006mod.jpg

09Mvp2006mod.jpg

10Mvp2006mod.jpg

11Mvp2006mod.jpg

12Mvp2006mod.jpg