1972-87 Reds Road Uniform Set

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: 1972-87 Reds Road Uniform Set

File Submitter: BRobby05

File Submitted: 28 Jun 2013

File Category: Uniforms and Accessories

Version: 1972-87 Reds Road Uniform 1a

Here is the 1972-87 Reds Road Uniform set. 1972 was the 1st year for the Reds with their new double knit jerseys 1 1/2 years after entering a brand new stadium. Along with the new uniforms came one of the best and famous trades of MLB that sent Lee May, Tommy Helms, and Jimmy Stewart to name a few to the Astros for Joe Morgan, Jack Billingham, Denis Menke, and Cesar Geronimo. Immediately, they got back into the NLCS and beat the Pirates in 5 (with a little help by Bob Moose's wild pitch), but got beat by the mustached Oakland A's in 7 (without Reggie Jackson). Pete Rose is documented in saying, "We let 1 man beat us," (meaning Gene Tenace with his 4 HR's). Maybe he was crying the "Reds" because the A's pitching staff of Holtzman, Hunter, Fingers, Odom, and company held Morgan, Tolan, and himself to 16 hits out of 78 abs in a 7-game World Series. Reds such as Mike LaCoss, Bill Bonham, Dave Collins, Nick Esasky, Ron Oester, and Tom Seaver also wore this jersey through its stretch.

I got my info again from Bill Henderson's program "Game Worn MLB Jersey Guide". Thanks to all especially Stecropper who initiated this site and its mods. I will be using this one in the coming TC1983 that I plan on doing.

BRobby05

Click here to download this file