index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BaseUp! Rosters 2013 ~ Phase 2

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 05 Jul 2013

File Category: Rosters

Version: 1.0

[A Complete MLB/MiLB Roster Set]

Works best with MVP08, MVP 12 & MVP 13 Total Conversion Mods

INSTALLATION: Place all 19 .dat files from the zip file into your MVP baseball <data/database> subfolder

VERSION: 2013 Phase 2

Release Date: 07.05.13

• All pertinent transactions made to 07.02.13

• Dozens of imported/created players for complete MLB-Single A roster play

• Updates to fielding attributes based on Fangraphs formulas for MLB players

• Players with significant/season-ending injuries placed in FA pool for easy re-insertion to their respective organization.

• 2012 All-Star teams and Futures Teams complete!!

Click here to download this file

It includes the face mod NUMBER ID's from Jed since Jed follows the official ID list as maintained by kyleb. Kyleb and I worked collaboratively on this effort so you know it all jives!

Face mods are always installed seperately as they get integrated into the models.big file. The only thing the roster set does is make sure the numbers match up with the number give to the cyber files as per the cyber modder.

It's the same principle. As long as kraw followed the official ID system, there should be no problems. Or you can simply wait for the TC13 mod.

....and believe me, there are several other guys here with much more expertise :)

Absolutely it would. And just so you know, corrections for improper cyberface assignments, etc. are already being worked on for the roster set that will be included with the TC mod, along with other tweaks for better uniformity.

Great! I'll start with the Blue Jays then, and I'll post more whenever I find them:

-Emilio Bonifacio's second position should be either OF or UTIL rather than CF (he's played all over the outfield this year and was also playing 3B and SS as well until 2011)
-Brett Cecil is exclusively a reliever now. His stamina should also be adjusted accordingly (44.2 IP in 39 appearances)
-Kyle Drabek has been out since last year with Tommy John surgery
-Maicer Izturis' second position should be IF rather than SS (he plays 2B, 3B and SS)
-Munenori Kawasaki is #66 and his second position is 2B, not 3B
-Josh Thole is #30

Buffalo (AAA):
-Miguel Batista was released by the Blue Jays in May and has signed a minor-league contract with Colorado 2 weeks ago
-Mark DeRosa is a 3B and has also played 2B and 1B this year but not the outfield. He should also be on the active roster rather than in AAA.
-Ramon Hernandez was released yesterday
-Dustin McGowan has pitched in relief this year and it appears the Jays will keep him there
-Chien-Ming Wang is #50 for Buffalo (or #67 for Toronto)
-Mickey Storey is a reliever (he was never a starter)
-Alex Hinshaw was released in May and plays for the Bridgeport Bluefish of the Atlantic League (independent)

New Hampshire (AA):
-Neil Wagner should be at least in AAA (he pitched in AAA and MLB this season)

Dunedin (A):
-Michael Schwimer is a reliever (he was never a starter)
-A.J. Jimenez appears as a reliever, for some reason, but he's actually a catcher

Other teams:
Detroit:
-Matt Tuiasosopo is #18

New York Mets:
-Juan Lagares is #12

Philadelphia:
-J.C. Ramirez has been a reliever since last year

San Francisco:
-Tony Abreu is #10

One more thing: I noticed some of the photo IDs in your roster were different from the roster in the MVP12 mod. For instance: Jose Valdez (Houston) is 6856 in MVP12 and 3188 in your roster. Which numbers are the correct ones? (from the master ID list) Is it possible that some players had their number changed since MVP12?

Great news Daffly, just in case:

Face numbers missing:

etc.

Good lookin' out. Kyle will have an updated roster (no injuries) to include with the TC 13 mod. Made your corrections, except for Adam Eaton. I think the one you're referring to is the retired pitcher who still has a cyber (though that could be given up). This Adam Eaton is a D-backs org fielder.

Thanks again.

(curveball..... lookin' into your next)

Great! I'll start with the Blue Jays then, and I'll post more whenever I find them:

-Emilio Bonifacio's second position should be either OF or UTIL rather than CF (he's played all over the outfield this year and was also playing 3B and SS as well until 2011)

-Brett Cecil is exclusively a reliever now. His stamina should also be adjusted accordingly (44.2 IP in 39 appearances)

-Kyle Drabek has been out since last year with Tommy John surgery

-Maicer Izturis' second position should be IF rather than SS (he plays 2B, 3B and SS)

-Munenori Kawasaki is #66 and his second position is 2B, not 3B

-Josh Thole is #30

Good observations. Thanks. The TC 13 mod roster won't factor in injuries like these have.

Buffalo (AAA):

-Miguel Batista was released by the Blue Jays in May and has signed a minor-league contract with Colorado 2 weeks ago

-Mark DeRosa is a 3B and has also played 2B and 1B this year but not the outfield. He should also be on the active roster rather than in AAA.

-Ramon Hernandez was released yesterday

-Dustin McGowan has pitched in relief this year and it appears the Jays will keep him there

-Chien-Ming Wang is #50 for Buffalo (or #67 for Toronto)

-Mickey Storey is a reliever (he was never a starter)

-Alex Hinshaw was released in May and plays for the Bridgeport Bluefish of the Atlantic League (independent)

All changes implimented. Some positions are that way because of 2011-2012 assignments, not the current year.

New Hampshire (AA):

-Neil Wagner should be at least in AAA (he pitched in AAA and MLB this season)

Dunedin (A):

-Michael Schwimer is a reliever (he was never a starter)

-A.J. Jimenez appears as a reliever, for some reason, but he's actually a catcher

Some guys end up on a certain squad because of earlier indicated assignments and sometimes just the way the limited amount of room available.

Other teams:

Detroit:

-Matt Tuiasosopo is #18

New York Mets:

-Juan Lagares is #12

Philadelphia:

-J.C. Ramirez has been a reliever since last year

San Francisco:

-Tony Abreu is #10

All changes implimented. Guys who had been relegated to long reliever position are given "SP" denotations, though the game will sometimes start them and sometimes use them as any kind of reliever.

Thanks for you help with all of this...... this is the kind input we're looking for. As far as the photo ID's, the example you gave are for same named players. If other ID's aren't matching there could be various reasons, but I know kyle is looking out for that as well. The bottom line interest is to follow the official list.

Some guys end up on a certain squad because of earlier indicated assignments and sometimes just the way the limited amount of room available.

Right, that's what I thought...although perhaps guys who have played in the Majors should be at least in AAA.

Thanks for you help with all of this...... this is the kind input we're looking for. As far as the photo ID's, the example you gave are for same named players. If other ID's aren't matching there could be various reasons, but I know kyle is looking out for that as well. The bottom line interest is to follow the official list.

I'll look out for that list...is it somewhere in the Downloads section?

The player ID list is here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=53068&page=22#entry644148

Thanks for the updates.

Thanks for the link.

A few more:

-Austin Romine (NYY) is #53

-Evan Gattis' (Atl) second position should be LF or OF since he's played 11 games in left this year. He aslo played 3 at first base.

-Gerald Laird (Atl) is #11 (in the roster, he's in AAA and wears #6)

Thanks again...as far as 2nd positions, you don't have to worry about those as I'm sure last year's assignments won't always match this year's. The moves and number corrections are really good finds. Thanks.

True, although Gattis did play a substantial number of games in LF last year, albeit mostly in AA

Good call.....he's there.

...and if you think you would like to help with next year's model, if we have one.... please let me know. Minor league emphasis is especially needed.

I'm a little strapped for time but I won't say no. What exactly would you need?

Here are two more:

-Joakim Soria (TEX) is #28

-Nelson Cruz (TEX) has photo ID 3266 in the roster. There are two players named Nelson Cruz on the Player ID list; one has photo ID 1034 and the other has 3266. I'm not sure which one is right. The only other Nelson Cruz who played in the Majors was a pitcher who played from 1997 until 2003 and none of the two were originally in MVP 2005, although the Texas outfielder made his MLB debut in 2005 so he MAY have been included in a roster update back then but I don't have those files anymore so I can't look up his photo ID. Perhaps it's just an instance of having accidentally made two entries for the same player.

If we do it at all, we're talking next year.

Ya, Soria hadn't played in a while and when the rosters were done, I remember he didn't have a number.....good catch. As far as Cruz, we have the right numbers for the prominent player.... I'm not worried about a guy who's been out of the league for a decade.

As far as Cruz, we have the right numbers for the prominent player.... I'm not worried about a guy who's been out of the league for a decade.

Are you sure? The one with photo ID 1034 also has face number 423, which matches Cruz's face number in the roster.

Also, a similar situation exists with Justin Miller, a pitcher in the Texas Rangers organization. There are three players named Justin Miller on the player ID list but there's no way to tell them apart since the list only has the name and photo ID of the player. There are 3 players currently in the minor leagues named Justin Miller, another one who last played in 2011 as well as the former Major Leaguer who also last played professionally in 2011 (and sadly passed away two weeks ago). That makes it rather confusing.

Does anyone know why my rosters are not updating?

I have installed MVP Baseball 2005. Then I have used the MVP 2012 Mod. Then I place the .dat files inside database folder, but my rosters have not updated. Also the 2013 schedule is not working. I have Windows 8, and have turn UAC off.

Does anyone know why my rosters are not updating?

I have installed MVP Baseball 2005. Then I have used the MVP 2012 Mod. Then I place the .dat files inside database folder, but my rosters have not updated. Also the 2013 schedule is not working. I have Windows 8, and have turn UAC off.

Try moving your MVP folder into your main directory (C:/ or whatever your main drive is), I was having the same problem and that fixed it for me.