Mvp13

kyleb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, love the mod, just have a general question. I've noticed that when usin the pitch meter, the green area is really small. It's like twice as small compared to the pitch meter on mvp caribe 2013. Is this normal? It seems like it's a lot harder to pitch. which kills me because I'm not very good at this game yet, thanks!

Try putting pitch meter difficulty on +50. I know that sounds like it would make it more difficulty, but it's the reverse. Also, put pitch control on +50. Also, what level are you playing on?

Ok here's one and I can't take any credit for this. I was going to play a minor league game with the Texas Rangers' AAA team because Manny Ramirez is on that roster and maybe when I was pitching a few fastballs would have been accidentally thrown at him. Whoops.

Anyhow, the Rangers AAA team is the Round Rock Express and in the game the Rangers AAA team is the Oklahoma City RedHawks, which is now Houston's AAA team. The Houston AAA team in this mod shows the Round Rock Express as their top farm club. So, thank you Manny for helping us find this out! :)

Ok here's one and I can't take any credit for this. I was going to play a minor league game with the Texas Rangers' AAA team because Manny Ramirez is on that roster and maybe when I was pitching a few fastballs would have been accidentally thrown at him. Whoops.

Anyhow, the Rangers AAA team is the Round Rock Express and in the game the Rangers AAA team is the Oklahoma City RedHawks, which is now Houston's AAA team. The Houston AAA team in this mod shows the Round Rock Express as their top farm club. So, thank you Manny for helping us find this out! :)

Daflyboys will have this fixed in his next update.

Kyleb,

You and your team have once again outdone yourself. Great work as always.

Quick point:

When using most of the minor league and locked stadiums, the game crashes on the load screen. I turned off "Cooperstown Effect", to no avail.

Suggestions?

Hi,

For Kyleb/Dafly/Dennis/Jed/Dylan and all the great team: there is a minus issue but probably it's the only topic that seems that can't be resolve by many of the novice users (as I am). We can't use the Year Changer and believe me I read almost every article in this forum about it, also I tried almost everything for example I have the MVP folder in my desktop, I run the program as administrator, I try to use it in in other versions than Windows 7 etc, but the Tywiggins tool doesn´t work in my pc.

Could any of you help us with a patch for the game so that the current age of the players could be resolve as you did it with the schedule that was included? that would be great because as I said is a minus issue but when some of my players are with 14 or 15 years old playing at MLB I felt "frustrated" that I can't resolve it by myself.

Thanks!!

It's not because of Windows 7. It seems it's because it's drawing from the MVP08 folder in mydocuments. No one seems to have an answer thus far. The ONLY thing I can think of is opening the season/franchise file in the mvp2005 folder in mydocuments, which would require accessing the season via MVP12 TC. This isn't a good solution for "in-game" changes you might want such as the stamina changer.

Thx Jogar.

BTW, I experimented with the Playoffs Creator app. Simmed a season through the end and then advanced to playoffs. Took that .sav file and moved it to the MVP2005/my docs folder and then opened it with MVP12 (though I'm sure MVP08 would work too). Applied the playoffs creator, opened it with MVP13 and everything is working well.

Now....if the team you are originally controlling does not make the playoffs (or any of its' minor league affiliates), you may have to stop and save there, take the file over to MVP2005/my docs, change team to a team that did make the playoffs and go from there, since the Playoffs Creator has to function AFTER you enter the playoffs time period.

• 1 month later...

Hi!
I was waiting about 10 games to be played in "Season Mode" before leaving a feedback which would be very very positive if I hadn't a problem.
I'm playing in "Season Mode" with the Dodgers. I've made some changes to the rosters - not many - using the "Team Changer". Among the changes, I've put Edinson Volquez into the Dodgers' roster and into the starting rotation. But, everytime I play a game with Volquez as a starting pitcher, the game crashes while in-game. Normally the match locks with audio repeating the same sound unceasingly on a freeze-frame. In that situation I must stand-by the pc and restart it after having opened the Task Manager for a forced-closing of the game.

I have installed the "MVP 13" mod on a clean installation of MVP 2005 (with only the official patches on). My pc is a Sony Vaio with a Windows XP Media Center Edition OS (Service Pack 2) installed.

I hope to find a solution because the Mod is absolutely great and the creators must be thanked!
I'll be grateful for the help you'd want to give me!

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Not sure if that has been mentioned before but I just wanted to point out that there are a few issues regarding the Marlins' uniforms in the mod. First of all, the default home and away uniforms are the older unis (black/teal/silver) and the new uniforms are in the place of the alternate uniforms (third and fourth slots, or c and d). Also, at least with the new uniforms, numbers 2 and 3 are inverted, as are numbers 6 and 7. What this means is if a player has a 6 in his jersey number, the number on his uniform will show up as a 7 instead or vice-versa, and the same with numbers 2 and 3. For instance, Giancarlo Stanton wears #27 but in the game it shows up as #36 on the back of his uniform. Or a few more examples: Justin Ruggiano (#20 shows up as #30), Donovan Solano (#17 shows up as #16), Dan Jennings (#43 shows up as #42) and so on.

• 1 month later...

When I try to do a new clean install from my CD it says that the portraits.big file is not working correctly and it wont let me download the game. Is there a work around?

A separate problem I'm having is I used TiT to install the most recent rosters and the game will not open now. Any help would be great. Keep up the good work.