Mvp13

kyleb

When I try to do a new clean install from my CD it says that the portraits.big file is not working correctly and it wont let me download the game. Is there a work around?

Let me see if I understand what you mean and I apologize in advance if I am misunderstanding you, but I will go by what you wrote.

I do not understand why a portraits.big file will prevent you from downloading the Mvp 13 mod or any other mod. Did you try this foolproof way?

1. Install Mvp 2005 in a directory of your choice. What you need is a direct out-of-the-box install. In other words install the game like you did for the very first time before you installed any mods.

2. Now download Mvp 13 by following this link.

3. Install the Mvp 13 in the SAME directory you installed Mvp 05. It will automatically overwrite the necessary files and you will be able to play Mvp 13 when it is done.

A separate problem I'm having is I used TiT to install the most recent rosters and the game will not open now. Any help would be great. Keep up the good work.

This means you did something wrong. After you get done installing Mvp 13 go and get daflyboy's latest roster. I don't use TiT to install rosters. I install them manually and overwrite the roster files in the DATADATABASE directory. Easier that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see if I understand what you mean and I apologize in advance if I am misunderstanding you, but I will go by what you wrote.

I do not understand why a portraits.big file will prevent you from downloading the Mvp 13 mod or any other mod. Did you try this foolproof way?

1. Install Mvp 2005 in a directory of your choice. What you need is a direct out-of-the-box install. In other words install the game like you did for the very first time before you installed any mods.

2. Now download Mvp 13 by following this link.

3. Install the Mvp 13 in the SAME directory you installed Mvp 05. It will automatically overwrite the necessary files and you will be able to play Mvp 13 when it is done.

This means you did something wrong. After you get done installing Mvp 13 go and get daflyboy's latest roster. I don't use TiT to install rosters. I install them manually and overwrite the roster files in the DATADATABASE directory. Easier that way.

Thanks for your help, but the problem is when I do a "direct out of the box install" the portraits.big file is corrupted on like the install CD so I can't download the game onto my computer from the CD. I am not having any issues with the mods here. I'm pretty sure I'm screwed unless I buy a new copy somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello I downloaded the mod correctly and it works 100% right until I load up a game (in any game mode). When I load up a game it crashes as the loading bar gets to the "P" under MVP. I am using a downloaded version of MVP 2005 and I am open to any suggestions so thank you

Thanks for your help, but the problem is when I do a "direct out of the box install" the portraits.big file is corrupted on like the install CD so I can't download the game onto my computer from the CD. I am not having any issues with the mods here. I'm pretty sure I'm screwed unless I buy a new copy somewhere.

It sure sounds like it. If something is corrupted on the actual install CD there's little to do about that. Good thing for you though is someone is selling their copy of Mvp right now on this site right here. That might be something to look at.

Hello I downloaded the mod correctly and it works 100% right until I load up a game (in any game mode). When I load up a game it crashes as the loading bar gets to the "P" under MVP. I am using a downloaded version of MVP 2005 and I am open to any suggestions so thank you

No warez, cracks, or links to such content.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention of copyright measures are forbidden. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

All that means is that you get no help and you are on your own. That's just how it is. We can't give support to people that have the downloaded (pirated) version of the game. You have to buy it to get help around here and yes we all know that it is kind of expensive to buy. :unknw:

Y4L - DeloreanDMC_88's comment says that he downloaded the mod correctly. I'm assuming he meant that he downloaded the MVP13 mod, and not the game itself.

Delorean - Is that a true statement? Are you saying that you downloaded the MVP13 mod correctly or are you saying that you downloaded MVP2005 itself from the Internet?

Y4L - DeloreanDMC_88's comment says that he downloaded the mod correctly. I'm assuming he meant that he downloaded the MVP13 mod, and not the game itself.

Delorean - Is that a true statement? Are you saying that you downloaded the MVP13 mod correctly or are you saying that you downloaded MVP2005 itself from the Internet?

Yes Jim I did see that. He didn't have trouble getting the mod itself but he also said he was using a "downloaded version of MVP 2005."

Hello. Brand new and excited to test this game out as it was my favorite and mlb 2k is not fun. I downloaded the game and was able to start it. Today I got access to mvpmods, downloaded mvp13, and I'm getting the "insert correct cd" error. Not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello. Brand new and excited to test this game out as it was my favorite and mlb 2k is not fun. I downloaded the game and was able to start it. Today I got access to mvpmods, downloaded mvp13, and I'm getting the "insert correct cd" error. Not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you downloaded the game, we can't help you. It's against site rules.

I just noticed that after reading more posts on this site. I get it so not mad or anything at all. What stinks is how for whatever reason the only pc baseball games you can actually play (not text) are ridiculously overpriced. Anyways, kudos to this site for what they've done for this game and keeping baseball alive for non console gamers.

I just noticed that after reading more posts on this site. I get it so not mad or anything at all. What stinks is how for whatever reason the only pc baseball games you can actually play (not text) are ridiculously overpriced. Anyways, kudos to this site for what they've done for this game and keeping baseball alive for non console gamers.

The reason for Mvp being so overpriced is this websiite. There are so many mods for the game and so many individual season mods. That is why the price is jacked up so much.