Nba 2K Modders Forum

I thought that since mcoll, bctrackboi11, and daflyboys (and including myself) have been interested in the NBA 2K series…I would start a thread with questions, screenshots, videos, or general help concerning these games. It would be great to help each other out or get some creative ideas with modding or just playing any of these games. :clapping:

And to start off, I actually have a modding question for either bctrackboi11 or mcoll about editing jersey numbers. I’ve been making some uniforms and floors for the 1975 mod/rosters and I made the 1975 Seattle Supersonics uniforms last night. I had to borrow the uniform numbers from another team because I haven’t been able to color/edit the numbers or letters in this uniform file. I know some uniform numbers can be easily re-colored in Photoshop and imported with the 3DM Mod Tool and they show up properly in the game. But these uniforms for the NBA 2K12 game (and UBR Rosters) will only show up lighter or darker (in brightness) but the color never changes.

So, I wanted to know if any of you guys have experienced similar problems?

Here’s some screenshots and my Sonics ’75 road uniform file that I’m having problems with…I’m trying to match the yellow of the jersey numbers closer to the uniform wordmark.

-Dennis

nba2k122013-07-2701-07-04-54_zps45780e94nba2k122013-07-2701-17-55-05_zpsd4649648

2K12 Sonics Road Uniforms (1975).zip

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off the number and letters Must be saved in png and imported that way. that part of why ther sightly off in color. they the only peices that must be done that way. the other is if your greens are not set right that will throw it off. i know you the settings, it as to so with the alpha channel sometimes making the green to bright of a green, or there still an existing alpha hiding in the green peices. i havent figured out to reverse that yet, but did have going on with the color differnce and was working on it firday or saturday. the answer for me right now was to use uh1000 or uh1001 for the green. it has very little extra markiings to show throw and to me kind of looks natural where they are.

its worse if you try make the greens over an exisitng green becuase of the alpha and remove that exisitng alpha.

hope this helps.

ps what eventually did for now until i got this relsoved or some can rhelp answer this was to use that uh1000 or uh1001 file and put my made peices over it. that file is is one of the create tieam files and i just remaed it to what i need after copying to another location. then did my work

Just got this up to speed (for the most part), in part thanks to Dennis for alerting me to the mod I've been waiting for for years. This guy seems to have a lot of new copies available. $8 shipped. I got it in 2 days!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360619773638

Typical 2K funky menus that take a little getting used to. Good customizing ability for the controller.

I meant to ask Dennis....was I supposed to apply the official patch before or after the NLSC mods? Or doesn't it matter?

Hey Gordo,

Sorry, I've been away from the PC today...but yeah, it doesn't really matter whether you apply patches to get any of the mods to work properly. This goes for NBA 2K 11-13 at least. I think back in the NBA 2K10 days, you did have to apply a patch to get some mods to work properly (like cyberfaces mostly).

first off the number and letters Must be saved in png and imported that way. that part of why ther sightly off in color. they the only peices that must be done that way. the other is if your greens are not set right that will throw it off. i know you the settings, it as to so with the alpha channel sometimes making the green to bright of a green, or there still an existing alpha hiding in the green peices. i havent figured out to reverse that yet, but did have going on with the color differnce and was working on it firday or saturday. the answer for me right now was to use uh1000 or uh1001 for the green. it has very little extra markiings to show throw and to me kind of looks natural where they are.

its worse if you try make the greens over an exisitng green becuase of the alpha and remove that exisitng alpha.

hope this helps.

ps what eventually did for now until i got this relsoved or some can rhelp answer this was to use that uh1000 or uh1001 file and put my made peices over it. that file is is one of the create tieam files and i just remaed it to what i need after copying to another location. then did my work

Thanks mcoll, your information actually does help me. So, you can use those uh1000 and uh1001 uniforms as templates? And can you only use them in NBA 2K13 or can you use those same template uniforms in NBA 2K12 too?

the peices can be exported into and out for any file you want. i do use it as template since al the parts there. not all the jersey have wrmups in them so if you want that you half to find a file that as that peice it. the file actully is uh1001. sorry i wanst sure whcih of two ist was before. then i simply make what i need import to the right spot into theat , nut not the greens and name the file to the nfile name it needs to be for on what im working on and put the file back in where i need to be. simple enough. remeber that file in its orignal state is one of the create a team files.

as far backwards i think it will work for 12 but not a 100 percent on it as ive not confired it, but the siezes and peice locations for each file seam to match. for others years i dont know at all.

jeresey and courts as far i can till seem the same. the files items and sizes are are the same for 13 and 12, but the file name havea few that listed differntly. there things all star files named slightly differntly. the 30 teams are named the same like uh000.iff is the sixers. rosters will be differnt. im not sure at the moment what idffernece for mod use is different.

as far where you get mods like from there a couple places i checked out for mods.

http://www.nba2k.org/

thi seems to be mostly 2k13.

http://www.moddingway.com/

look under the nba 2k tab and the year you want

http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php

as some stuff there. as fourmus to, but getting answer and finding answer somtimes is hard because the search isnt very good and has gotten so much info its hard find info and answer for your questions, thus why i asked around here

Couple of questions before I pull the trigger on this:

1. This is the 2k Sports NBA2k12 video game ? I would have to get this instead of the NBA 13 ?

2. Where do you get the ABA mod because that's the one I really like.

Hey Y4L,

(1) Yes, the game that has far more mods out there is the NBA 2K12 game (last year's game) and not the current version which is NBA 2K13. 2K12 just happened to have a ton of phenomenal mods made for it and this includes primarily classic rosters, the ABA mod, and this UBR (Ultimate Base Roster) project that is still being updated to this day. The UBR project is the one where you can play every single season from 1975 to the present day and it also includes the ABA rosters/mod. The cool (and different) thing between the classic rosters of the NBA 2K games and MVP Baseball for example is that all of the "classic" graphics (like cyberfaces, logos, and uniforms) can be added to a single game install. And the key to unlocking all of these features in contained in the roster file of the game.

For example, if you load up the 2013 rosters and you choose the Brooklyn Nets, you'll see their modern arena (Barclay's), uniforms, logos and rosters. While in the same game install; if you simply went and loaded up the 1984 rosters and chose the Nets again...you would see the early 80s New Jersey Nets logos, uniforms, rosters, etc. In other words, you do not have to have multiple installs for each of the roster years...you just need a single install of the game and the rosters are the "key" to unlock the proper graphics.

(2) The ABA mod/rosters are a big part of this UBR project and it includes all of the great ABA teams and from multiple seasons. Since the New York Nets were very popular and successful; you'll see many different years/rosters for that team; but I think there's only one year for the Virginia Squires (one of the Dr. J years of course). This full UBR mod comes in 5 downloadable parts at the NLSC (Nba Live Series Center) website.

I'll be glad to help you out with getting everything set up if you go ahead and pull the trigger on this game. It's a phenomenal project.

-Dennis

Holy *&#^.

LOL! Well if you think of it this way Y4L, can you imagine if you installed Total Classics Baseball for the 1975-2013 seasons as individual installs (at about 2-3 GB a piece)? I guess in that regard, 15GB would seem like small peanuts. I have to say, that I kinda like only having to load up a single game and then just choosing the year I want to play in via a particular roster load.

LOL! Well if you think of it this way Y4L, can you imagine if you installed Total Classics Baseball for the 1975-2013 seasons as individual installs (at about 2-3 GB a piece)? I guess in that regard, 15GB would seem like small peanuts. I have to say, that I kinda like only having to load up a single game and then just choosing the year I want to play in via a particular roster load.

When you put it like that, sure. But I do like the way you can choose what year you want to play with that game.

Hey Gordo,

I really think those 1980s sliders are pretty accurate...even though the 1980s were known for the dominating centers and some teams with hard-nosed defense; the scoring was far greater in this decade. I think that they captured that in those slider although I do tweak them a bit here and there. I played a 1987 game between the Nuggets and the Suns and the score was 121 Nuggets vs 111 for the Suns.

I'd like to see some good 1970s and 1960s sliders soon and give them a test. Sorry I've been busy lately, but how are you enjoying the game overall?

-Dennis

Dennis can you do me a favor once you have a spare moment? Can you take a few more screenshots of the ABA mod? It's nothing that needs to be done immediately. I've always liked that league and always wished they'd never merged.

Hey, not a problem Y4L. I'm sure I will get a chance this evening to take some screenshots of the ABA mod and a lot of the different teams. Another cool thing about the ABA mod/rosters is that they include the Harlem Globetrotters (and their own court) along with the fictitious Flint Tropics team from the movie "Semi-Pro". It really a whole lotta 70's (and late-1960s) coolness and basketball action. Stay tuned...

Hey Y4L,

Here are about 20 screenshots of the ABA mod in NBA 2K12. You get to even use the official ABA ball too. Sometimes the uniforms might have the small NBA logos on them (because they are hard-coded) but everyone who worked on these really made this project as authentic as possible.

I zipped the screenshots for your convenience...and I have some shots of mcoll's Pacers team too. :good:

nba2k122013-07-3123-46-54-99_zps5549f552

ABA Screenshots.zip

ty. you sure there nba logo hard coded. and if so why they appear someplaces and not at other places. ive seen eryes putinto regpauger home and waway and they dont appear.